Baby steps

Do you remember?

I'm not too familiar with Korean won, so I don't think I got the amounts right.. Sorry! :(

~

Daehyun stood outside of Yong Su San, one of the best restaurants in Seoul. He had applied for a job to earn some quick cash so he could quickly settle Jae into a new home. After the loss of her home, she had been shaken and skeptical about staying with the boys at their dorm, and Daehyun knew that she couldn't rely on them for long. 

Daehyun took a deep breath and entered the restaurant. It was still closed, but it was close to opening time. A lady and a man, both in their mid fourties, greeted him. The lady had lovely auburn red curls and forest green eyes. The man had tousled black hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Annyeounghaseyo. I'm Daehyun." Daehyun kindly said, doing a 90 degree bow. The lady smiled at him.

"Hello Daehyun. Welcome to Yong Su San. My name is Mi Yung." She held her hand out, and Daehyun shook it and smiled. 

"It's a pleasure to have you Daehyun. My name is Park HaJoon. I must say, I'm pretty shocked that you applied for a job. You're from B.A.P right?" The man said, and Daehyun nodded.

"Yes. I need the money. My girlfriend has lost everything, and I want to be able to give her a new home and..." Daehyun stopped for a moment, and Mi gasped.

"Oh my... The poor dear... what a sweet man you are. She's lucky to have you." Mi smiled at him, and he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"I like you already." Park grinned, handing him his uniform. "You can change in that room over there, but in 5 minutes, get ready for some business." He said, and Daehyun nodded. He was nervous. He hoped that he could earn enough money soon. Besides, he wasn't on his own. Yongguk and the others were helping him with his plan. Yongguk and Himchan were also working, and Daehyun tried to tell them that they didn't have to, but his hyungs refused to listen. Youngjae, Zelo, and Jongup were in charge of taking care of Jae while they were gone, but they were also in charge of finding a good home and taking care of the furniture. They had to keep this plan a secret though.

Mi placed her hand on Daehyun's shoulder and gave him a small smile.

"You'll be fine dear. Don't worry." She encouraged him, and he felt confident. He nodded and went to the room to change.

This is for Jae.

****

"Where is Daehyun, Yongguk, and Himchan?" Jae questioned, coming into the kitchen. Youngjae quickly shut his computer to hide the homes that he was looking up, and Zelo and Jongup hid the magazine they were looking at about homes and furniture.

"They went out." They answered at the same time, and Jae stared at them in a duh-that-was-obvious kind of way.

"Really, where are they?"

"I think they had a meeting with the manager today." Youngjae said, and Jae shrugged. Lucky whimpered and nudged her leg, and she sadly smiled and picked the puppy up.

"Guys, I'm going out to buy some food for Lucky. He hasn't eaten since yesterday." She said, but Jongup stopped her.

"I'll go. Stay here and relax." He said, and he didn't even wait for her to answer. He was already out the door by the time she opened , and she sighed.

"So... I heard you and Daehyun are back together." Youngjae said, grinning. Jae blushed and rubbed Lucky's head.

"W-well... I guess we are..."

"Do you want to?" Zelo asked, and Jae's face turned an even deeper shade of red. "Yeah..." Youngjae didn't say anything, and he didn't need to. That self-satisfied smirk said it all: I was right.

"I knew it." He sang, and Jae rolled her eyes and smiled.

****

Daehyun's shift ended 6 hours later, and he was completely exhausted. It had been a busy afternoon, and he was ready to go home and relax in Jae's arms. He changed back into his clothes and hung his uniform on a hanger in the room.

"Daehyun, you were amazing today. Most people struggle on their first day, but you have experience. Have you ever worked as a waiter?" Park asked, and Daehyun chuckled and shook his head. "No sir."

"Well, you were amazing. Your shift now begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 5." Mi said, and Daehyun nodded and did a 90 degree bow.

"Thank you so much for having me." 

****

Yongguk and Himchan's shift ended about an hour after Daehyun's, and they were worn out as well. They worked at Eulji Myun Oak. The three of them walked home, exhausted.

"I didn't think working would be this hard." Yongguk sighed, and Daehyun scowled at him. 

"I told you that you didn't need to do it."

"But we want to help you. Jae needs this, even though some things are irreplacable." Himchan said, and Daehyun silently nodded, giving himself a moment to think about Jae and how awful her life is right now. One accident by a drunken idiot caused this mess and misery. Now, he was going to do everything in his power to make Jae happy again.

****

By the end of the week, Daehyun had made 671,772 won. He was shocked, and if he made this amount of money weekly, he would have the money to buy a new house in no time. Before he left work, Mi stopped him.

"Daehyun, take this." She slyly put an extra 223,294 won in his hand and winked at him. Daehyun stared at her and shook his head.

"Oh no, I couldn't..."

"You deserved it. You've been working really really hard this entire week, and all for the sake of a girl. You're truly something else." Mi smiled softly at him, and Daehyun smiled widely and did his 90 degree bow.

"Thank you very much!"

****

"Alright, what's going on?" Jae demanded, placing her hands on her hips. Daehyun looked up and her and raised a brow at her. "What?"

"You, Yongguk and Himchan have been disappearing every morning, and Youngjae and the others won't tell me a thing. So what's up?" She said, crossing her arms and pouting her lips. He loved it when she did that. It was the most cutest thing in the world.

"Nothing babe, we're just running errands for the manager." He said, walking towards her and placing his hands on her waist.

"So why doesn't Youngjae and the others go with you? Why is it only you 3?" Jae was suspicious, and Daehyun chuckled.

"Because they're the funniest bunch and I don't want you to be alone." He gave her lips a peck, and she blushed and nodded, giving into their lie. She was still suspicious, but she decided to believe them. For now. They were officially together again, but Jae still felt weird that she can't remember any of the memories they shared together back then. She hadn't remembered anything for the rest of the week.

Daehyun, Himchan, and Yongguk met in Yongguk's room to count up the amount of money they made so far.

"So far, altogether we made 2,014,686 won. That's not bad for the first week." Yongguk said, and Himchan nodded.

"Guys, thank you so much for your help. We'll have the money in no time." Daehyun said, and Yongguk gave him another rare smile.

"No problem. We're family you know." He said, and Himchan grinned.

"And Jae is part of our family now." He said, and Daehyun scratched his head and smiled.

She is with us now. She's not alone anymore.