Back to the old times...

Do you remember?

Daehyun sat down on a bench in the dressing room and wiped the sweat from his brow with the back of his hand. It was, as usual, always busy during the afternoons and early evenings. Park allowed him to rest for a while, and Daehyun took this oppurtinity to check up on Jae. He pulled his phone and dialed her number, pressing the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" Her angelic voice rang through his ears, causing his heart to beat rapidly and a huge grin to form on his face. Even if they're distant, she still had this effect on him.

"Hi babe. What're you doing right now?" He answered, rolling up his sleeves to his elbow. He could hear Lucky barking in the background, the TV on playing some sort of comedy show, and he could hear HaJoon's faint crying.

"Oh, I'm a mess right now. Lucky saw a cat earlier, and I don't know what got into him. He won't stop barking at him, and the cat won't leave either. HaJoon's hungry right now, so I'm giving him his milk." She slightly laughed while she talked, and Daehyun chuckled.

"I wish I could be there right now to help you." He said, and she giggled.

"It's fine babe. Take it easy." He smiled and lounged back into the bench, wishing he could be with his beautiful wife and son right now.

"Babe, I'm coming home a little bit late tonight. I want to make it up to Park and Min, since they've helped me so much. You don't have to bother with my dinner, I'll just pick something up on the way." He said, and he could almost hear her pout.

"I'm cooking for you anyway. And thanks for the heads up. Tell them both that I said hi." She giggled again, and Daehyun smiled and checked his watch. He should really be getting back to work now.

"Got it. I have to get back to my shift now though. Take it easy. Give several kisses to HaJoon for me." He said, and she laughed.

"I love you Jae."

"Love ya too."

He blew her several kisses through the phone and hung up, shoving his phone back into his pocket as Park entered the room. Daehyun stood up quickly.

"Alright Daehyun, are you ready? You have a table waiting for you." He explained, and Daehyun nodded and grabbed his notepad, heading into the dining room in the direction of Table 11. However, when the table was in sight, he froze, his bright smile turning into a frown, and his eye twitched in digust.

"Daehyun!" Mee Yon smiled and waved, and he groaned and closed his eyes for a moment.

Focus. You're at work. She's nothing more than a mere customer.

Pasting a fake smile on his face, he slowly made his way to the table and stood on the other side of her.

"Hello, what can I get for you?" He said in his business tone, and Mee bit her lip and stared him down.

"Oh, you know what I want..." He resisted the urge to make a gagging sound and a look of disgust.

What happened to the kind Mee Yon I used to know? When she wasn't crazy and-

"Would you like an appetizer or would you like to skip to the entree?" He said, holding his pen up to the notepad. Mee smiled and glanced at the menu.

"Yes, I'd like the Galbi Jjim course meal." She said, although she never took her eyes off of Daehyun. He silently nodded and wrote her order down, and he glanced at her again.

"What kind of drink would you like?"

"Just some red wine please." He wrote this down and confirmed her order.

"You're really good at this stuff. I didn't know you had experience." She suddenly said, and he smiled half-heartedly.

"I don't. I'm just doing this to support my family." At this, Mee's smile faltered slightly. He was about to turn and leave, but Mee reached across the table and grabbed the hem of his shirt, halting his tracks. He glanced over his shoulder and gave her a questioning look.

"Daehyun, can we talk?" She said, her bright brown eyes burning into his. He sighed.

"Mee, I'm working right now." He said, and she sighed and let go of his shirt. He gave her one more glance before hurrying off to the kitchen to give the chefs her order. While he served other tables around the area Mee was in, he could feel her eyes piercing into him, and it made him slightly uncomfortable. But he refused to let one girl disrupt his duty.

As he brought Mee's order to her table, he noticed that she was talking with Park. He stopped for a moment, and he slowly made his way there and set the food on the table. Park turned to him and smiled.

"Daehyun, this young lady wishes to speak to you. I don't want to end up disturbing your work, but she says that it's really urgent. You have 2 minutes, then it's back to work alright?" He said, and Daehyun had no choice but to nod. He took a seat across from Mee in the booth, watching as she glanced at the food.

"Wow, everything looks so delicious." She beamed, then her gaze turned to Daehyun.

"We need to talk."

"I kind of already figured that out." He lamely said, resting his chin against his palm, not trying to hide his annoyance. Mee ignored it and folded her hands in front of her, a small frown on her face.

"I heard you and Jae got married and had a son. Congratz." She said, and Daehyun smiled for a second and nodded, reliving the memories. Mee coughed slightly and stared at him.

"Daehyun, you know I love you right?"

Here we go again.

"Mee, we're not having this discussion." He sighed, pressing his palms flat out on the table. He was about to stand up, but she grabbed his wrists.

"No, hear me out." Mee wouldn't dare lash out at a public place, but then again, what wouldn't she do?

"Mee, I appreciate the feelings, but I can't give you the same thing. I have somebody in my life, and I'm happy with her." He said, and Mee frowned deeply now.

"Why don't you love me?" She sighed, and Daehyun's lips twitched in disgust.

"You hurt Jae in many ways, and you nearly killed my baby. How could I love you like that? Besides, I wonder if it really is love, or just your sick obsession." She was startled briefly, and she lowered her head. Daehyun rubbed his neck, thinking that he was too harsh then, but he couldn't help it. If Mee had really killed his baby, he wouldn't know what he'd do. He would never hit a girl, but if she killed his baby, well then he might allow himself to no longer be a gentleman.

"Daehyun, why won't you think about me? Us? What about what we had?" She said, and Daehyun rubbed his forehead and exhaled in frustration. 

"Mee, we're just friends, and that's the way it'll stay." He stood up and bowed at her. "Enjoy your meal."

"Daehyun, I hate this! I wish that I met you first! I'll punish Jae for this!" She shouted, and Daehyun turned around and gave her a sharp glare. People around her gave her a look, and they stared at Daehyun who was trying his best to not flip out. He leaned in very slowly, their faces inches apart, and he glared into her eyes.

"Listen to me, Mee-" He narrowed his eyes and scowled at her. "If you even think of getting near Jae and my son again, so help me..." He whispered, not bothering to finish his sentence. Mee was staring at his plump lips, and before she could try anything, he pulled away.

"Enjoy your meal." He scowled, and turned around and left.

****

Daehyun was fuming.

He angrily slammed the door shut, startling Jae who was busy putting plates away in the cabinets. The shock caused her to drop one of the plates, causing it to shatter into hundreds of tiny pieces. Daehyun rushed into the kitchen, relaxing when he saw that she was alright.

"Daehyun, you scared me." She placed her hand over her heart and gave him a silly grin. "I thought you were a thief." 

Daehyun chuckled and grabbed the broom to scoop up the tiny pieces of glass.

"I'm sorry babe. I was just-" He stopped, not wanting to tell Jae that he ran into Mee again. It had been many months of peace without her, and now she was back, wanting to hurt Jae again. She had hurt her enough.

"Nothing, just a tiring day at work." He sighed, throwing the pieces of glass away. Jae smiled and grabbed his hand, leading him towards their room. She pointed to the bed, and he chuckled and sat down.

"Now, take your shirt off so I can give you a massage." She said, and he smiled and stripped his shirt off, falling on his stomach on the bed. Jae took a seat next to him and began to massage between his shoulder blades, and he groaned as her delicate fingers worked out a tense muscle.

"Oh, Youngjae stopped by today. He didn't know that you were working late, and he wanted to hang out with you today." Jae said, and he hummed in response.

"I'll call him tomorrow, thanks for letting me know." He murmured, sighing happily as Jae's fingers rubbed his back. They were silent for several minutes.

"Where's HaJoon?" Daehyun asked, and Jae smiled.

"He's asleep. Youngjae helped me take care of him for a while. He's just like you when you're holding him." She giggled, and he laughed.

"That's why we're like brothers." He groaned again when she placed a gentle kiss in between his shoulder blades. After a while, he felt more relaxed, and he was about to get up when he noticed something attached to the window. While Jae wasn't looking, he quickly snatched it up and opened the note, immediately crumbling it in his hands.

I love you, and I can't just leave it like this. I won't give up to get your heart back.

He growled in fury, and he ripped the paper into tiny pieces and tossed them into the bin. Mee was beginning to become a nuisance in his life with Jae, and he didn't know what had caused her to lose her kindess and sincerity. When he had met her, she was a kind girl who was supporting him. Now, she was like a fly flying around his face, desperately trying to get on him.

How annoying.

"Daehyun, are you alright? You seem angry." Jae's voice startled him, and he gave her a small smile.

"I'm fine Jae. I'm just tired." He pecked her lips and crawled into bed, patting the empty side next to him. Jae shrugged and crawled in, snuggling next to him. He wrapped his arms around her and held onto her tightly, as if she would slip away if she didn't.

"Jae, you know I love you so much right?" He said, and Jae giggled and hand up her hand.

"That's what this ring is for right? And besides, you've shown it to me enough times. You're like glue." She giggled, and his cheeks heated up slightly, and she smiled and kissed his lips.

"I love you too Daehyun." She smiled again, and he smiled and pulled her onto his body.

"You have no idea how much I love you and care about you." He pulled her in for a kiss, and he allowed himself to lose himself in their kiss. As they were drifting off into sleep, Daehyun reminded himself that he wouldn't let Mee Yon torment him and Jae. He'd find a way to deal with her, and he'd make sure to protect Jae no matter what. The woman was mad, and who knows what she'll do?

I won't let anything happen to you. I'll protect you no matter what, my love.