Aliens

Two Moons And A Werewolf

 

Coffee brewing, jazz music in the background, and an aroma of fresh baked mooncakes lingered in the air. That’s how mornings are usually in the bakeshop.

You were left sitting in a corner, staring down at a thick pile of resumes. A long line of applicants, all of which were girls, also stood outside waiting to be called.

Himchan lazily sat on the chair across you and crossed both arms on his chest. “What's wrong?”

“I just hope I can find someone good enough to help you guys out by today.” you sighed.

“Tch! Don’t worry Sehee! You’ll find one for sure!” he said, then stood. “Should I call the first one in?”

“Yes please. Thanks!” you took a deep breath.

Just when you raised a file, a girl came and took a seat. Long black hair, fair skinned, well dressed, a typical college student.

“Hi! I’m Hwang Sehee, owner of this shop!” you shook hands. “You’re Kang Yejin, I assume?” you asked.

“Neh!” she flashed her pearly whites.

That’s when you noticed how heavy her makeup is. You can even smell her strong perfume that you had to lean back, and coughed. ‘This is gonna be a looooong day…’ “So? It says here that you’re a sophomore in Yonsei University?”

“Neh! Arts major to be exact!” she eagerly nodded.

“But it’s almost an hour from here. How are you planning to go to school and work at the same time?” you looked at her.

“Don’t worry! I have my means!” she giggled. “I’ll skip classes if I have to!”

You raised the sheet of paper higher and rolled your eyes. ‘God forbid! I might just slap her back to reality.’

When you lowered it down, you forced a smile to her. “It’s really nice to see how much effort you’re willing to help my guys.” she bowed. “I’ll just contact you once we made the decision, a’right?”

“Neh! Kamsahamnida!” she bowed once again and left.

“Aigooo~” you let out a sigh and took another file.

A girl came and bowed. “Annyeong haseyo~ Lee Minhee imnida~”

You need not to look up to know how dense the next applicant is. Her voice was pure nasal and filled with aegyo. ‘Patience Sehee… Just get on with it…’ you breathed. “Please take a seat…” you said without looking at her.

“Lee Minhee… Senior at Seoul High School…” you murmured.

“Yep! A homecoming queen at that!” she flipped her hair.

However hard you try to avoid looking at her, there’s still that tiny push that you have to.

She indeed lives up to be a girl whose pageant material. Pretty, tall, well poised, and oozing with appeal.

Her presence made the guys temporarily forgot about their jobs. Youngjae and Jongup froze in their spot, gawking without blinking. Xiumin and Chen went out the kitchen to join them. “Wow!” the eldest Exo gulped.

Among all of them, DO was the unlucky one to catch your daggers of stare. “Get back to work!” you mouthed.

He quickly snapped and grabbed everyone by their collars. “Dude! Sehee will end p kicking your asses back to Mato and our planet! Move it!” he told them.

You repeated your now favorite line after seeing them scramble to their assignments. “I’ll just contact you once we made the decision…”

“But you haven’t even asked me anything yet?” she protested.

“Don’t worry… I got everything in here!” you raised her resume.

“Oh!” she chuckled and took out a mirror to fix her makeup. “I’ll be expecting your call then! I’m the best candidate for sure!” your jaw dropped, and she bowed. “Kamsahamnida~”

She stood, and as she catwalked, her short skirt kept flapping back and forth.

That distracted the boys once again and even if you shot them a death glare, they still remained focused. ‘Sometimes I wish I have telekinesis so I can hurl real daggers to those idiots! Aish!’

You dropped your head on the stack of papers and covered your head. “Umma… Appa… Please give me a lot of strength! I need it so bad…”

That’s when you felt a pair of hands on your hips and was lifted off the chair.

Suho took your seat and lowered you on his lap.  “Aigooo~ What’s wrong babe?”

You leaned your head on his shoulder after feeling tired from facing only two applicants. “I just need one decent person… Just one! Urgh!” you sulked.

He rubbed your back and your hair with the other. “Relax Sehee! If you don’t like that person, then let it go! Move on to the other!” he then kissed your forehead. “You want me to takeover?”

You rose and wrapped your arms around his neck.  “Naahhhh… I just needed a little push.” you touched his lips with yours and he never hesitated to return the fervor. “Where…are the kids?”

“In the kitchen…with Yongguk and the guys…” he smiled. “Mmmmm… You taste so sweet baby~”

“I do?” you purred.

“Mhmmmm!” he pressed your head closer.

In the midst of a heated exchange of breaths, you both stopped when a stern warning came. “EHEMMM!!!”

Suho chuckled while you turned to the chair across you.

DO sat there with one leg over the other, raising an eyebrow. “Get back to work!”

“Ahhh! Touche!” you laughed, and looked back to peck Suho’s lips. “You heard that right? I’ll see you once I’m done here!”

Exo-K’s leader raised you once again and carefully lowered you back down. He stooped lower until reaching your ear. “Make it fast! I hate it when you leave me hanging…”

DO stood and grabbed Suho’s sleeve. “Oh c’mon hyung! You guys spend way too much on skinships!”

You shook your head with a giggle while they bickered. “So what? She’s my wife! Tch!”

“Yeah! Yeah! Whatever!” DO dragged him.

----------

It’s already afternoon and still yet to find an employee. You spend the entire day scanning through every resume on the table, interviewing the owner, and fail.

They all have one goal in mind which is to get near the boys and have them as boyfriends. It struck a nerve that you already grew infuriated that Suho had to calm you down at one point.

You it all in and continued stating the same exact final line.

“I’ll just contact you once we made the decision.” you said monotonously.

“Neh! Kamsahaeyo!” another girl bowed out and left.

At that moment, you were already slumped in the chair and fanned the final resume in your face. “Last one...” you yawned.

“Annyeong haseyo~” a girl spoke.

“Annyeong haseyo~” you lazily replied and read the file in your hand. “You may take a seat… What’s your name?”

“Son Yeonjae…” she softly spoke.

With the little strength that remained in your system, you straightened up and faced the applicant. With the way she looked, you can clearly tell the huge difference she has with the other girls.

Shoulder length hair, round expressive eyes, skin as white as snow, very pretty indeed. She appears to be shy and awkward, a typical wallflower. But above all, she’s oozing with innocence.

She always kept her head down, avoiding your gaze most of the time. “Errmmm…” you cleared your throat. “I see that your still in high school?” you eyed her neatly pressed uniform, she nodded. “Then why do you wanna work here? Aren’t you busy?”

“I am…” she fidgeted with her nails. “I-It’s just that… I… uhmmm… need money to help my parents…”

That alone showed how caring and thoughtful she is.

You crossed your arms on the table and asked her questions that you never asked among the others. “Do your parents know that you applied for a job?” she shook her head. “What if they found out? They’ll be mad for sure.”

“Ani… We could really use the extra income…” her hands trembled.

“This shop is full of guys… Can you handle working in this kind of environment?” you asked.

“That’s the least of my concern right now. All I want is to have a part time job which is near my school and our house...”

Then, she looked up to you with pleading eyes as if her life hanged in the balance. If you ask her to kneel and beg, she would. “I really hope you consider me… I’m good with chores! You can count on me!” she even started to panic. “I promise! I will do everything that you tell me! I won’t let you down! I swear! Please???”

You reached out to her hand and firmly gripped it. “Yeonjae-shi… You don’t have to do that... You’re hired!”

She bowed several times after hearing the good news. Her eyes grew watery, and gripped into your fingers tighter. “Thank you so much Sehee-shi! It really means a lot! Kamsahamnida…”

“You’re welcome! It’s okay… Just call me unnie…” you reached another hand and her hair. “So? Tell me about yourself…”

After wiping the buildup of tears from the corner of her eyes, she blew out an air and straightened up.

Yeonjae talked about her family, school, almost everything about her life.

You later found out that behind the shy and innocent girl is someone who has a unique personality, one who has a different way of thinking and speaking. She’s not like any normal teenage girls who likes fashion, makeup, or boys, but finds comfort in staying at home, helping her parents as much as she can and draws anything out of the ordinary in a sketchbook.

In the middle of the conversation, Sehun came in looking glum beneath a baseball cap. “Sehun-ah!” you waved.

He dragged his feet towards you while gripping the strap of his backpack. “Hey noona…”

“Something wrong?” you looked up to him.

“Just tired… School is getting in my nerves…” he massaged his nape.

“Awwww~” you pouted, but later snapped. “Oh! This is Son Yeonjae, by the way! She’ll be working here…” you pointed the girl across you.

Sehun turned to her and his face instantly changed. He just stared at her emotionless, not even saying a single word.

“Yeonjae-ah… This is my brother, Sehun!” you added.

She instantly stood and bowed. “Annyeong haseyo~”

You kicked Sehun’s foot and he flinched. “Oh! Errmmm… H-Hi…” he stammered and bowed as well.

‘Oh hell no… Don’t tell me she is gonna be Krystal part 2?’ you slapped your forehead. ‘Well at least Yeonjae is better…’

Yeonjae sat back down and there’s that one question you’ve been meaning to ask. “Yeonjae-ah?”

“Hmmmm?” she listened.

Sehun just stood there, staring at her with no plans of leaving. He could’ve sworn his heart skipped a beat, and his lungs missed an air.

“What do you think of aliens?” you said.

Without thinking twice, your brother gave you a what-the-hell-are-you-thinking look that you only replied with an eyesmile.

“Ehh? Aliens?” her eyes rounded, you nodded. “Oh! Ahhhh… I think they’re real…”

Sehun kicked your foot this time and killing you with his glares.

You ignored him. “Jinjja? Why do you say so?”

“I dunno… Something tells me they’re around mingling with us…” she crossed her arms on the table and leaned closer as if it was some juicy gossip. “Seriously unnie… Even people on TV made documentaries about them.”

“Oh really?” you acted.

“Yup!” she cupped on your ear. “You’re brother might be one of them…”

You snorted. "That makes me one too..."

"Ani! Just him..." she snickered.

Sehun raised an eyebrow while watching you two. He was getting curious at her, and irritated with you. “NOONA!!!”

You chuckled and patted Yeonjae’s arm. “Well… It’s been great talking with you Yeonjae! Just be here tomorrow after classes so the guys can teach you stuff around here.”

“Sure! I’ll be here!” she stood and bowed ninety degrees. “Komawo unnie!” she also bowed to your brother. “Nice meeting you Sehun-shi! Bye~”

“Bye…” was all he mustered to say.

You both watch her skip on the sidewalk while Sehun took a seat. “Yah! What’s with the alien ? Aish!” he scowled.

“What? I just wanna make sure that if in case she sees something weird in here, she wouldn’t die of a heart attack.” you chuckled.

Sehun stared at the ceiling with hands in his chest. “Noona… I think I’m in love…”

You stood and smacked his head. “Idiot! You only met her for 10 minutes! Does the name Krystal even ring a bell?”

“Oh c’mon! That evil is nowhere near my angelic Yeonjae!”

Your jaw dropped and started to head to the kitchen. “How ‘bout my foot up your ? I’m telling you Sehun, hands off Yeonjae!”

‘Tch! Make me!’ he smiled and continued daydreaming.