A Hike to Remember MPOV

Lies

 

A/N: All italicized words in this chapter are flashbacks :)

 

“Tyler do you even know where we’re going?” Kori asked.

“Yeah can’t we walk near the water it’s much cooler down there” I said pointing to the water that was far away from us.

The sun was hot and its rays were sinking into my skin. Today the sun was throwing out some intense heat and even with this in mind Tyler decided to take us all on a hike. Where we were going was a question no one but Tyler knew and I wasn't even sure he knew.

“No we can go near the water later but we have to walk over here first” he said looking back at us.

I pouted and Kori nearly fell out from his answer. Why in the world did he have pick the hottest day to take a long walk?

“Don’t worry I’m sure we’ll be there soon” YoungBae said.

I looked at him and smiled. I almost forgot that he was with us causing me to look and see if Seungri was still with us which he was. He had his arm around Kori trying to keep her from dying and I laughed.

“Tyler where are we going?” I asked.

“For a walk” he laughed.

“How long is this walk!?” Kori complained.

“Why can’t you two be like Taeyang and Seungri and enjoy the sun?” he asked eyeing us. I noticed he was holding some sort of paper in his hands.

“Because the sun is beating us up and Taeyang and Seungri like when the sun beats them up” Kori said glaring back at Tyler.

“Ty what's that in your hand?” I asked.

“Nothing” he said putting whatever it was in his pocket.

I ran up to him and jumped on his back laughing as he tried to shake me off. I tried to reach for his pocket but I couldn’t reach it and after he shook some more I slid off of him.

“You’re not supposed to keep secrets from your best friend” I pouted sticking my tongue out.

We kept walking and I seen Tyler take the paper out of his pocket again. He glanced at it and looked up then placed it back in his pocket which got me thinking he was hiding something. Hmm maybe I could run up to him and pull the paper out his pocket.

“We’re here” Tyler said and Kori cheered with so much joy.

We were no longer on sand instead we were on the beach rocks. The rocks were close to the road so every now and then we would see a car past. We went up along the rocks and found a small opening that led to the water and to the guardrail of the road.

For some reason this place looked familiar to me.

“Tyler what is this supposed to be?” Kori asked looking around.

“A great view” Seungri said. “Look it leads straight down to the water and overlooks the beach” he said pointing out to the water.

I looked around, the small opening that lead to the guardrail catching my attention. It looked like something I’d seen before. I walked over and placed my hand on the rail. I ran my fingers down the rail and stopped when I felt a bend in it and it wasn’t the kind of bend that was naturally supposed to be there, it was more like a dent. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath praying that this rail wasn’t what I thought it was.

I opened my eyes and looked down at the rail seeing how badly bent it was. My heart stopped and tears filled my eyes but I didn’t let them fall because I knew the others were still near.

I covered my mouth with one hand to keep me from screaming while the other hand held on to the rail. Instant thoughts came into my head making me dizzy and making it hard for me to stand. I couldn’t believe my eyes; I thought I would never see this place ever again.

I heard the others calling my name but I drowned them out until YoungBae came over to me putting his hand on my shoulder.

“Amaya we’re going down to the water now” he said looking at me.

I just stared at him not really caring where they were going now. My body was washed over by shock and I couldn’t even answer him or even act like I understood what he said.

“You okay?” he asked concern feeling his eyes.

Again I just stared, I tried to make out words but my voice was being chocked by the tears I held in. I took a deep breath trying to get a hold of myself for just a second.

“Amaya?” he said getting worried.

“Y-yes” I managed to say.

“Are you okay?” he asked and I nodded trying my best to smile even though it was impossible to do so.

“I’m fine” I nodded again.

“We’re going down to the water come on” he said grabbing my hand that was on the rail.

“Nn-no you go I’ll be down in a minute” I said quickly placing my hand back on the rail.

“You sure?”

“Yes I’ll be there soon”

He stared at me not really sure if he should leave me here by myself but after a minute he left  and when he was out of sight I let the tears fall from my eyes.

I breathed heavily as I held on to the guardrail tightly letting the pain I felt in my heart hit me. My mind flashed back to the day where everything good ended and misery started.

I looked across the road and seen the other dents, bends and scratches in the guardrail on the opposite side of the road. That’s where we had been when it all happened, 4 years later and those marks were still there.

I climbed over the guardrail I hung on to so tightly and let go ready to cross the road to get to the other side. I walked in the middle of the road stopping when I remembered the car swerving in the same exact spot. A car trying to get pass me beeped its horn probably wondering why the hell I was in the middle of the road to begin with. The driver beeped its horn impatiently as I walked slowly to the other side not caring if they wanted me to walk faster.

I nearly collapsed when I got off the road and onto the narrow dirt path. Too many thoughts running through my head, too many tears falling from my eyes and the sound of screams piercing my ears causing me to fall to my knees. I looked to my left then to my right not seeing anyone around me screaming then realizing the screams were coming from inside of my head and that they were my own screams.

I clung onto the rail seeing dirty and old beaten teddy bears tied to the street post next to me letting the screams and the scene come to life.

"Dad wake up!"I screamed trying to shake him awake. He started to close his eyes and my eyes flooded with tears. "Appa come on stay with me, please wake up!" I guess someone seen the accident because I started to hear sirens from a distance."Appa, Appa come on wake up some ones on their way to help, you just gotta keep your eyes open" I pleaded shaking him again franticly.

The scenes started to play in my head and I was getting sick to my stomach as I relived each moment.

"Mingi I don't think I'm going to make it, tell your mom I love her" he whispered as his breathing started to slow down.

"No please don't say that, you're going to make it" I started to hear the sirens come closer."Appa just wait don't leave me here like this, please stay with me a while longer" the smile I had was long gone and the flood of tears were back again."Please just stay with me, remember your promise? You said you'd never leave me" my head was dizzy again.

"I love you MingLee, I told you I'll never leave you and that's true, I’ll always be in your heart" he said with all his might. His eyes closed and his breathing stopped, he was gone.

 

The tears gushed from my eyes like a million waterfalls. I clutched my chest those words hurt the most, I felt like I was dying. Why is this happening to me?

"Appa wake up, Appa” I screamed, I did anything I could to wake him. “I love you Appa please come back" my scream dampened down to a whisper.

I yelled in pain at the scene that faded away slowly. Why was I here, how did I get here? Why is this still haunting me? A place I never thought I’d visit again, a place I never waited to visit is where I was at this very moment.

I tried hard to stop my tears and breathe normally but I couldn’t, the tears were uncontrollable and the pain was unbearable. I felt my lips move trying to speak but my words were all caught up. I ran my fingers on one of the scratches in the guardrail and put my hand in one of the dents.

Our car caused this when the truck hit us. The sound of metal crunching and glass breaking filled my ears. I could hear the sirens from the ambulance ring loudly.

I felt hands trying to pull me out of the car but I didn’t want to leave, I wanted to stay with my dad. They tugged on me harder and I yelled from the pain which only made me hold on tighter to my dad’s lifeless body. Finally they pulled me out of the car and I screamed for my life kicking and pushing them away.

I seen them grab my father out of the car ready to put him on a stretcher. I broke away from the hands that grabbed me and ran towards my dad almost falling from my legs being so weak.

When I got to him I grabbed around his waist and the pair of hands came back to pull me off again.

“Come on kid let him go we have to get him some help and you too” I heard one of them say tugging on my leg.

“NO GET OFF OF ME AND GET OFF OF MY DAD” I yelled tears spilling from my eyes.

“Kid, we have to get you guys some help” one of them grumbled.

“I’M NOT LETTING GO!!!” I yelled again.

They pulled at me more and I screamed at the pain from the cuts I had over my body.

“Come on kid” one of them yelled.

I don’t care how much they yelled at me I’m not letting them take him away; he’s all I have left dead or alive.

They finally got me away from my dad. I tried to get away squirming everywhere but they had their hands wrapped around my stomach and I couldn’t escape. I seen them put my dad on the stretcher and into the ambulance truck and I yelled calling him but it was no use he was gone. And even as I watched the truck leave through my teary eyes and aching heart I still called him.

“He’s gone stop screaming we’re going to try to save him” the one who had me pinned snapped.

He walked me over to the other ambulance truck and put me in trying to check to see where all the blood was coming from. I moved around and pushed his arms away with all the strength I had.

“It doesn’t matter what you do it’s too late” I spat hitting him in the chest as he became angry with my crazy actions.

“Look if you don’t stop moving we can’t help you” he said.

“I don’t want help I want my appa, you can’t bring him back! Why’d you take him away from me!” I yelled hitting him more.

I was starting to feel dizzy and I grabbed my head where I felt the dizziness and grabbed my neck where I felt pain. I felt something wet drip from my neck and it wasn’t tears it was blood.

Soon everything got all dreamy, like it did when the crash started and I started to drift away. Am I dying I thought as my eyes started to close.

No, I wasn’t dying and right now I wish I had been dying instead of losing blood. I touched my forehead where I had been losing blood from. It was only a healed scar but it brought back so many hard times.

I could feel my eyes puffing up from the tears but I didn’t care nothing could stop my tears from forming.

I looked at the guardrail again and punched the dent forgetting that it was metal vs. human bone and flesh. It hurt like hell and I could see my hand swelling up instantly but I didn’t care this pain felt better than the pain I felt in my heart.

I no longer had the strength to cry. Still feeling dizzy I got up ready to leave this haunting and painful place. I felt so much pain that I wasn’t sure I’d be able to walk but I did. I went back to the hotel using all the strength I had to get there. I didn’t even think about Kori, Tyler, Seungri or YoungBae and where they could be but to tell the truth it didn’t matter at the moment.

 

TPOV

I noticed that Amaya didn’t leave with us to go to the water and she’s been gone for about five minutes.

“Hey you guys, I’ll be back” I called to the others.

I walked back to the rock path and walked over to the guardrail and I spotted her. She was on the other side of the road and she was yelling and crying.

I took the picture that she was trying to get earlier out of my pocket and looked at it.

I glanced at the picture then looked up at her and sighed.

“I thought you said best friends don’t keep secrets” I muttered walking back to the water.

 

 

A/N: Sooo what do you think??? Any questions or do you get it? It took me awhile to get this one done because everyone likes to distract me when I get ready to write something serious haha :D 

So for everybody who guessed you were right if you said Remember and a long walk is a hike which equals the title A Hike to Remember :D No hint for today or for the rest of the chapters…..Again I’ll try to update soon but these chapters are taking me longer to write so seeya guys. Thanks for reading and subscribing<3