Nightmare MPOV

Lies

 

"MingLee don't walk away from me" my mother shouted.

"Too bad I'm already out the door" I screamed back. I started running, running in whatever direction I could. But I knew it was useless, where ever I ran he would find me, he always did. But I didn't care; away from her is all that I needed. I stopped and looked around, why do I always end up here? Deep in the woods next to a pond where rocky cliffs emerged out. I sat on one of the rocks and started to cry. Why did she always have to doubt my future? So what if I want to become a dancer what does it matter to her? My head started to spin with a million thoughts about the argument I just had with my mom.

"Choi MingLee" A deep middle tone voice said. I already knew who it was, it was him but I continued to cry.

"MingLee don't cry" he said placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I hate her" I uttered.

"Don't say that, you don't hate her" he said now sitting next to me now.

"Yes I do" I uttered.

"Look I know she can be a little hard to deal with but she's your mother, she loves you and only wants the best for you."

"I know she loves me but she's always nagging me about dancing"

"Dancing isn't really the future your mother wants for you. I try to get her to understand that, that's your passion and so do you...Look Mingi your mother will come around" he said pulling my head into his shoulder.

"Dad promise you'll never leave me" I said.

"You know I'll always be there" he said.

"Promise me" I said again. I know he didn't want to because of his job but I needed him to promise me that.

"I promise I'll never leave you Mingi" he said hugging me tight. We stayed like that for at least an hour just talking.

A week later

We were going to the beach just my dad and I, no one else but us two. We were going because my dad was being called back to Afghanistan in a couple of days. His station was bombed and they needed soldiers immediately, so we decided to spend the day together.

The cool breeze came through the open car windows and the radio played softly as I sung to SHINee's Loves way then that's when it happened.

The sound of a car and truck collision. The windshield was shattered into a million pieces and I was flung into the window. I was dizzy and I felt something warm trickle down my head and arms. Everything felt like a dream.

"Dad" I called weakly."Dad are you okay?" I asked trying to gain a hold of myself. He didn't answer. I looked next to me and seen a blurred figure. Soon everything stopped feeling like a dream and my vision was suddenly un blurred. My dad was breathing hard, there was blood almost everywhere, it was coming from his head, face and arms. He was slowly losing consciousness.

"Dad wake up!"I screamed trying to shake him awake. He started to close his eyes and my eyes flooded with tears. "Appa come on stay with me, please wake up!" I guess someone seen the accident because I started to hear sirens from a distance."Appa, Appa come on wake up some ones on their way to help, you just gotta keep your eyes open" I pleaded shaking him again franticly. His eyes started to open a little, his breathing was still hard but a small smile appeared on his face."Appa your awake please don't close your eyes again" I said starting to smile.

"Mingi" he weakly whispered.

"Hey Dad I'm here" I said watching him struggle for words."Help's on the way Appa it won't be long"

"Mingi I don't think I'm going to make it, tell your mom I love her" he whispered as his breathing started to slow down.

"No please don't say that, you're going to make it" I started to hear the sirens come closer."Appa just wait don't leave me here like this, please stay with me a while longer" the smile I had was long gone and the flood of tears were back again."Please just stay with me, remember your promise? You said you'd never leave me" my head was dizzy again.

"I love you MingLee, I told you I'll never leave you and that's true, I’ll always be in your heart" he said with all his might. His eyes closed and his breathing stopped he was gone.

"Appa wake up, Appa " I screamed, I did anything I could to wake him.”I love you Appa please come back" my scream dampered down to a whisper.

I woke up panting and breathing hard, sweat trickled down my forehead. I looked around; I was still in my apartment. I seen the shadows of objects on the walls, I was safe in my home. I got up and switch the light on and got a drink of water. My hand was trembling so hard that I couldn't even drink the water I poured. I started to cry, why did these nightmares haunt me?

It's not the first time I've dreamt this nightmare. I've been dreaming it ever since I ran away from Seoul, South Korea. My father is half American and Korean and my mother is fully Korean. I was born shortly after they met and married each other. Love at first sight they say, they met at Lee's Place some Korean restaurant in L.A. My mom a college student at the time was staying in L.A. for American Studies. My father a U.S. soldier was on standby. They said they had a bowl of Kimchi Jigae Stew together and they fell in love. They moved backed to Korea, married and had me. Named me Choi MingLee it was the name of my grandmother so I had to hold myself to a great honor.

But some great honor I turned out to be. I guess all I would ever be was a disappointment in my mothers' eyes. I wanted to dance that's my true passion, my father supported me but my mother didn't. We would argue about it all the time she never understood me, she always said I could do better than prancing around in an empty room. But dancing wasn't prancing around it's something more and I refused to give it up. We would bicker and it would get out of control but my dad was always there to keep everyone sane. Then he died.

He died in a car accident when we were going to the beach. I miss him so much words can't describe it. We buried him in the woods where he would always come to find me when I was upset. After that everything spiraled out of control. My mother and I began to argue nonstop, she stopped taking me to dance practice and banned me from leaving the house except for when I had to go to work. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and there was this huge fight that we had. The next day I ran away.

Since I saved up some money, I bought a plane ticket to L.A. While I was still in Korea I overheard someone talk about this dance school there at work. I asked them about it and they gave me a flyer. I was 17 when I ran away and I had heard that my mother had been looking for me. I wonder if she still is looking. All I know is that since I've arrived here everything has been good besides the nightmares. I joined the International Dance Academy and continued my passion. I changed my name to Amaya and kept everything secret about who I really am.

Just recently Tyler almost found me out but I had to quickly tell him otherwise. I guess that's why I had this nightmare again. As if it was reminding of who I really am.

I was starting to gain control over myself again. I was no longer shaking or crying. I walked over and climbed in my bed not wanting to dream this nightmare again.