Monkey Bars:/ MPOV

Lies

 

Taeyang pulled me out of the café quickly and rushed me to the corner.

I had no problem with the fast movement as we weaved through groups of people. I felt wide awake after the coffee that he brought me kicked in. We stopped in front of a tall black gate and Taeyang stood in front of me. There was no one on the sidewalk where we stood so Taeyang began to speak loudly.

“In honor of Jiyong I will present this as he would” he said. “I’m Taeyang and I will be your very own personal tour guide” he announced. “So if you will please come take my hand, we’ll begin” he said holding out his hand and smiled.

I gave him a round of applause and took his hand which sent tingles up my arm. We walked inside the big metal gates and I was awed.

Through the gates and down some more sat a big river. The river looked familiar, like I’ve been here before but I can’t quite remember when. Many people were walking around, mostly older people with their kids. Taeyang took me up to one of the railings and held his hands out wide.

“This is Han River, pretty right?” he asked putting his hands down.

“Yeah” I agreed. Han River, I remember this river, it’s starting to come back to me.

“There’s not much to do or see here in the morning but at night it’s a little better especially on holidays, we come here sometimes since it’s kind of close to YG” he said turning to look at the river.

“On holidays it’s really better” I said agreeing as I remembered the last time I was here.

“Wait, have you been here before?” he asked looking at me.

Opps, why did I just say that out my mouth.

“No, there’s a lake where I’m from that reminds me of this one, my dad took me there one night for New Years and there were tons of fireworks” I said sighing as I remembered the fireworks and his face. That was the last Seolnal I spent with him.

“You okay?” he asked reading my facial expression.

“Yeah” I said giving him a small smile.

“Then what’s bugging you?” he asked not satisfied with my smile.

“I just wish I could go back to that day and see the fireworks with my dad again, it’s nothing really though just a good memory” I said looking back at the water.

“Well maybe on a holiday we might come back here to celebrate or something” he said.

“That would be nice”

“Well come on let’s go we still have more to see” he said grabbing my hand.

We left from the river and walked up a couple blocks when I spotted a small playground. There were colorful flowers around the edges of the playground. There was a blue swing set, yellow monkey bars, two big green slides and a bright purple see saw. I stopped us from walking and starred at the playground.

“What is it?” he asked.

“The playground it’s so colorful and pretty, can we go in?” I asked.

“In there? Aren’t we a little too big for a playground?” he asked.

“You’re never too big, please” I begged. I don’t know what it was but that playground was just attracting me to it.

“I don’t know we’ll miss a couple tours” he said looking at his watch.

“Please, please, please!” I begged.

“Alright we can go in but only for a little while” he said.

A ran into the playground and headed for the swings. I jumped and started swinging when I seen Taeyang sitting on the bench next to the slide.

“Taeyang come play with me” I called over to him.

He looked up with an I’m too old to do that expression.

“Come on please, come swing with me”

He came over and got on the other swing beside me. We swung and after five minutes he ran over to the monkey bars. I came over as I watched him go first swinging to each bar in success.

“Your turn” he said as he jumped down from the last bar.

“Um I don’t think so” I said crossing my arms.

“Why not? You have to” he said walking over to me.

“Nope not gonna happen, I don’t like monkey bars” I said.

“What, You don’t like monkey bars! Come on you have too, I did come in this kiddie playground with you” he reminded me.

“Nope” I said shaking my head.

“Please?” he asked. I shook my head once again and that’s when he took matters into his own hands.

He picked me up and put me on the ladder making sure he blocked my way so I couldn’t get down.

“Taeyang let me down” I said. These monkey bars were pretty long and really high off the ground.

“Nope not until you go across and don’t tell me no” he said.

“I can’t” I said hoping he would let me down.

“Why not it’s easy”

“Um…I don’t know…how to get across” I admitted.

He laughed and I pouted with a frown, maybe this was a bad idea to come into the playground. He stood in front of the ladder and seen my frown and laughed again.

“Maybe we should leave” I said embarrassed, trying to come down the ladder. He grabbed my legs to stop me from coming down.

“Sorry for laughing” he said apologized. “But now you have to go across” he said smiling at me.

“How if I told you I can’t?” I asked confused.

“I’ll help you, now come on take the first bar while you’re still on the ladder.”

I took the first bar looking down, wow this was embarrassing.

“Now take the third bar” he said pointing to it.

“What, whatever happened to the second bar and if I take the third bar then I’ll be away from the ladder” I said looking at him like he was crazy.

“That’s the point, just trust me” he said.

I grabbed the third bar and my feet left the ladder as I felt Taeyang grab my waist.

“See” he said as we moved to the next bar. I felt like a little girl being guided by her parent, this was like a missing piece to my childhood.

“Okay now try the last four by yourself” he said letting his grip around my waist loosen.

“No don’t let go, I have no upper body strength what so ever”

“Well than we’ll just have to work out in the gym” he said letting go.

I kept my body up with all my might and finished going across the last four bars. When I jumped down he gave me a round of applause.

“That wasn’t so hard now was it” he said smiling.

“Thanks”.

He looked at his watched and grabbed my hand.

“Time to go or we’ll miss the show” he said pulling me from the play ground.

 

 

A/N: Aigoo here’s my nerdy chapter. I thought monkey bars would be the subject since I still can’t get all the way across them>< haha~ at least Taeyang taught Amaya how to! Anyways hope you guys liked it, and thanks for reading another one of my not so needed chapters. Enjoy the rest of your week!