Ten Dancers MPOV

Lies

 

It was around 3pm when I came into the dance studio usually there’s no one around at this time but today everyone was there.

“Why’s everyone here so early?”I asked walking over to Tyler.

“Audition spots remember, where you been?” he asked.

“Oh sorry I forgot, ugh I’m just so tired” I sighed.

“Yeah I can tell, what happened?”

“Nightmares”

“Again?” he asked puzzled.

“Yeah I know I just don’t know how to deal with them anymore” I said yawning. I had told Tyler some about my family.

“Well I still think you should see someone about that but right now focus on the auditions” he said with a small frown.

“I know but I still don’t think I’ll get picked” I admitted.

“Are you really still on this, of course you’ll get picked you’re a great dancer” Tyler said lightly shaking my shoulder.

I am a good dancer but David wants us to be on our A game and I haven’t lately.

“Hey don’t give me all the credit you’re pretty good yourself.” it's true Tyler’s just as good as me and it would be sad if he didn’t get picked.

We started warming up with some stretches before David got in. When David came in we began and the nerves in my stomach started to kick in.

“Good job everybody okay practice is dismissed” David said.

“Wait David what about the audition spots” the little girl Hae said stopping David from turning around. David erupted in laughter.

“Just seeing if you guys remembered.” Ah typical David always joking around.
“Okay I’m going to call my ten selections, everyone who isn’t chosen must leave right way. Okay here we go, Chris. B, Leah, Kori, Jamie, Daniel, Max, Ricky, Alex, Tyler…and Amaya” David said.

I can’t believe this! I got picked am I sure I heard him right? Tyler came over and gripped me in a tight hug.

“We made it, we made it!” he shouted swaying us both side to side.

“I know congratz” I said laughing. He let me go while the others were still bouncing up and down. The other dancers that weren’t picked congratulated us then quickly made their exit.

“Okay dancers you ten have been selected because you have what it takes for this audition. You will have a week to prepare a performance starting today. Next Monday you will perform your dance in front of the group. The group will then pick five final dancers of their likings and they will share more about themselves. That’s it everybody, work hard”. David smiled, congratulated us and then left.

“Wow I can’t believe this! I told you Amaya that he’d pick you “Tyler said.

“You did didn’t you, we’ll have to celebrate” I said.

“Leave it to me, I’ll invite everyone over for a party” Tyler smiled and I knew he had some evil plan working in his mind.

“Don’t get carried away Ty” I said remembering his last party. The last one he had is when I got drunk and almost spilled everything.

“What makes you think I’ll get carried away” he said smiling.

“Oh everything about you makes me think that” I teased.

“Look it’ll be fun, so go home get something danceable and I’ll come get you at 10” he said pushing me near the door.

“Isn’t everything I have danceable”. I laughed and walked out of the studio.

I walked down the street to Dot’s, ordered a mocha frapechino and sat down at the usual table. I wondered what Ty had in store for me, something crazy I bet, but I knew it would be from the goodness of his heart. He was always urging me to have more fun.”All you want to do is dance, you gotta have fun sometimes” were the words Tyler said to me the first time he invited me out. I sipped my frapchino as I watched five boys enter Dot’s. I can’t believe I was one of the final dancers…

Tonight should be fun.