First Hangout

Gotta Fight For This Love

Author’s POV

“Krystal-ah, is this the book that you’re looking for?” Suzy asked Krystal, helping her to find the book that she is going to buy.

“Ani… It’s not that one. The cover is in brown,” Krystal said and went back searching for the book on the shelves.

“Do you have the picture of the book on your phone?” Suzy asked her again.

“Err… Yes!” Krystal answered. She took out her phone and showed Suzy the picture.

“Let’s don’t waste any time. Just ask the staff here if they have the book,” Suzy suggested.

Suzy borrowed Krystal’s phone with her and went to search for a staff nearby. She saw one and asked him immediately.

“Erm, excuse me,” Suzy tapped his shoulder while he was busily putting new books on the shelf. The staff looked at Suzy instantly.

“Yes, miss. How can I help you?” The staff asked.

“Do you sell this book?” Suzy asked him while showing him the picture of the book on Krystal’s phone.

“Ah, I'm sorry, miss. We ran out of stock for that book. You can come here next week to check if the book arrived already. The book should come next Wednesday,” he apologized and give Suzy advice to come back next week.

“Okay then, thank you,” Suzy thanked him and went back to Krystal who was still searching desperately for the book.

“Krystal, stop searching for the book! They don’t have it here,” Suzy handed Krystal’s phone back to her.

“We spent 30 minutes and this is what we get?! Aish...” Krystal said with disappointment shown on her face.

“The staff said that we can come back next week to check,” Suzy informed her.

“Okay. We can come back next week. You have to come with me, alright?” Krystal ordered.

“Ahjumma, don’t order me around! I’ll come,” Suzy scolded.

“I’m not an ahjumma! But gomawo, chingu-ya!” Krystal fired back but thankful that Suzy will come with her next week.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Suzy’s POV

Krystal and I left the bookshop without buying the book. I checked my watch and it’s only 3.47pm. I still had a few hours left to go home. I can use this time with Krystal to hang out for a while since this is our first time going out together.

“Krys, do you want to go to that accessory shop?” I asked her.

“They are having a sale! Kajja!” She pulled me into the store. I found it weird as I was the one who suggested it to her but she dragged me there. Haha.

Inside the store, we found some cute necklaces and bracelets and we tried some. Then, something simple but special caught my eye. They are friendship bracelets. They come in pairs and it is 45% off too!

“Krys, look at this,” I gestured her to come and look at the bracelets.

“Woah, it’s simple but yet pretty!” She exclaimed while taking one and tried it. She did the same for me and we compared our wrists. They matched perfectly.

“Okay, I’m going to take this,” Krystal took two and went to the counter. I followed her behind and she paid for the bracelets.

After paying, she gave one of the bracelets to me and said, “Suzy-ah, this is for you! This will prove that we are best friends, no matter what happens.”

“Woah, thank you Krystal-ah. But it’s not fair ‘cause you are paying for this,” I thanked her.

“It’s okay. It’s a gift from me. And you have accompanied me here too! We’re best friends already right?” She chuckled.

“Haha… You’re right. Thanks again,” I said again.

She tied the bracelet around my wrist and I tied hers.

“Perfect!” She exclaimed happily.

After buying the bracelets, we went to a coffee shop and bought a drink each. I bought Caramel and she bought Frappuccino. She talked about her family and I told her mine too. She also talked about her being paired with Tao and how he looks scary and so on.

But I didn’t tell her how I feel being paired with Sehun because I don't want to sound like I have feelings for him. 

Time passed and it’s already 5.13pm. Krystal and I left the coffee shop. Her mom fetched her at the mall and she gave me a lift home. I told her mom my address and while she drove, we talked about school, my parents, my brother Woohyun and so on. I felt comfortable talking to her mom and I felt that being friends with Krystal is the right choice.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________