Exotic Chips

~Daehyun Oneshots~

"Um, oppa, what is this?" You asked as your boyfriend Daehyun threw bag after bag of chips into your shopping cart. 

"Snacks. Don't worry, they're all good," he replied as he continued to scrutinize the shelves.

"That's not what I was worried about," you muttered under your breath as you checked the grocery list of things you needed to buy. Honestly, you were really starting to regret taking him with you; where in the world was all the money going to come from to pay for all this stuff, especially if he kept buying more junk food?

As if reading your mind, he said, "You know, if you're worried about the money, I can pay for my stuff. I do have some income, you know."

"Psh, I wonder how long it's going to last, at the rate you comsume all this food. Really, don't you stock up on stuff once a week?"

"Hey now, I'm a guy, I need a lot of food."

"Please. You're the only one who eats that much. Even Zelo, who's still growing, doesn't eat as much as you."

Daehyun pouted at you and you laughed. "But I love you anyway, Daehyun, even though you might be the reason I end up broke."

He slung an arm around your shoulder and peered at the list. "I know. So what else do we need to buy?"

"Cabbage, tomatoes, potatoes, broccoli, squash, some types of fruits, chicken, and pork."

"Alright then, that's not too bad. Let's go." He helped you pick out the foods you needed all around the market, all the while sneaking pieces of free samples into his mouth. The guy's hunger could never be satisfied.

Just as you were about to pay for all the things (including Daehyun's pile of snacks--you were feeling generous), he called your name. "Hey, look at these!" he said, pointing to a stand of chips they were advertising.

You  came over to see and noticed they were all sorts of strange flavors. "Chicken and waffles," one read. "Garlic bread," "cherry tomato," and "sweet potato" were a few among a wide variety of names. You made a face. "What kind of chips are these? Chicken and waffles? Just thinking about it makes me shudder."

Daehyun seemed undeterred. "Well, I'm just going to be brave and try all of these, one of each," he declared as he plucked one of each from the stand and threw them into the cart.

Finally, finally, thank goodness, you paid and were able to go out without your boyfriend pointing out any more exotic and terrible-sounding food. How he was going to eat all that, you had no idea.

The two of you got home and unloaded all the groceries and snacks. You put the food away while he grabbed a few bags of chips and headed to the TV. When you were done putting away everything you went to see what he was doing.

Daehyun was staring intently at the TV, stuffing chips into his mouth by the handful. You turned to see what he was watching; a drama. You sighed and sat down next to him on the couch. Getting into the drama, you reached over to his side to take a chip. Eyes still on the screen, you started munching.

And almost spit the half-chewed chip right out.

"Oh my gosh, what is this?" you half-shouted.

"Chips. Why, you don't like it?" he was still watching the TV.

You looked at the bag of offensive chips. "Chicken and Waffles"

"No! I knew buying it was a terrible idea. You can go ahead and finish all those bags yourself."

"Fine with me. I can eat anything."

"Ugh," you groaned and stalked out of the room to go do your work. About an hour later your eyes were growing heavy and eventually you nodded off. 

You woke up, eyes still closed, with your head on a pillow. You turned and tried to get more comfortable. Hmm, this pillow was hard. And warm. And moving. And...laughing? Your eyes opened suddenly and found that this was no pillow; it was Daehyun.

"Sleeping beauty woke up?" he teased with a smirk.

You tried to sit up, but he pushed you back down. Before you knew it, his lips were on yours. He pulled back and smiled. "I know you're tired. Go back to sleep."

And so you did, snuggling into him.

 

~~~~~~

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! ^_^

This was actually inspired by a personal experience. I was walking in a store the other day and literally saw a bag of chips that read "Chicken and Waffles" flavored. And it was on sale. I bought it, but unfortunately didn't even get to try it because it was eaten =(

Anyway, comment! And thank you so much to my subscribers!