Surprised

~Daehyun Oneshots~

You were quite lost and alone in the crowd of people. Currently you were in the cafeteria of the school, where they had decided to gather all the students in your grade for a "student connection". Finally you spotted a familiar face and smiling, you went over to your friend Hyunwoo. "Hey, ___!" he shouted.

"Hey, what's up?" you replied.

"Nothing much, 'connecting' with you, I guess. You?"

"Getting lost among a sea of people. That is, until I saw you. So I came over because I actually know you." You sighed. "It's kind of sad how there's so many people I don't know in this school."

Hyunwoo nodded in agreement and you zoned out for a while. You saw a figure in the corner of your eye, but you were zoned out so you didn't look to see who it was. Though it seemed as though the person had his arms spread wide open, and was going to walk straight into you if you didn't move, so you took a quick step back. Then you snapped back into reality and saw who it was that you had just avoided: Jung Daehyun. You mentally scolded yourself; you'd had a crush on the guy forever, and if you hadn't moved, he might have...

"Aw, ____, Daehyun just wanted a hug," Hyunwoo teased, going towards Daehyun and doing that odd guy-hug-handshake things that guys do. So Hyunwoo knew Daehyun? you thought. Interesting.

You just looked up at Daehyun, who gave you an awkward smile. You couldn't tell if what Hyunwoo said was true, or if he really was just teasing you. But that little moment of yours was broken once Daehyun stuck his hand out and said, "Hey, I don't think we've ever actually talked or introduced ourselves. My name's Jung Daehyun."

You smiled and said your name, shaking his hand. Inside, you were a little disappointed, considering that the two of you did have one class together; he just never noticed.

Suddenly someone bumped into Hyunwoo (who was directly behind you), causing him to bump into you, knocking you off your feet and causing you to bump into Daehyun. Actually, you were pretty sure you just whacked him in the stomach with your hand. Great. Once you got your balance back, you looked up at him. "I'm so sorry!" you cried.

"No problem," he answered coolly. "You okay?"

"Yeah," you said, and the atmosphere became awkward again. Hyunwoo had disappeared to somewhere, leaving the two of you alone. You mentally kicked yourself; why couldn't you be like all those other girls that seemed to have no problem talking to guys? Daehyun was going to think you were a mute idiot!

"So, uh, actually, we have math together, right?" Daehyun suddenly spoke up.

"...Yeah."

"Right, I just remembered. I'm sorry. I'm terrible, saying we haven't met when we have a class together."

"It's no problem," you replied, but couldn't help adding, "And besides, you said we haven't actually talked or introduced ourselves, which is true. You never said we hadn't met."

Daehyun grinned at you. "Observant. Good memory. Very smart. I like it." His head turned over to where someone had shouted his name. "Oh, well, I'm going to head over there, is that okay?"

"Yeah, of course." You wondered why he would even bother asking that.

He walked away from you just as Hyunwoo came back. "Oh, Daehyun left already?"

"Yep. You know him? How?" you asked, suddenly curious.

Hyunwoo gave you an odd look. "We have classes together. We talk. It's not that strange. And anyway he's asked a few favors of me before, so we're fairly close." He suddenly looked at you. "Why, you like him?"

You blushed madly and cursed the fact that you were blushing. "N-n-no! Why would you ask that?"

"Aha," he drawled triumphantly. "Your face says otherwise." He leaned in close again. "You really wanna know why I asked? It's 'cause he likes you."

Your eyes widened, and immediately you were sure Hyunwoo was teasing you. "W-w-w-what did you just say?"

"Yep, you heard right. He came to me one day asking about you, and I figured he liked you. When I asked if he did, 'cause, you know, I kinda approve of you two, he said he did. And so he likes you." Suddenly Hyunwoo tsk-tsked at you. "You should not have moved back when you did. It would have been perfect!"

You gave him a look. "Since when did you turn into a romantic?"

He grinned at you happily. "Since I started secretly shipping my two friends. Oh yes, hey, he's looking at you. OH HEY, he's walking this way!"

"Gah, Hyunwoo, shut up!"

But it was true; Daehyun was heading back towards you, and suddenly, as if on some unknown cue, the noisy cafeteria suddenly fell silent. It was somewhat eerie, you thought.

When Daehyun reached you, he cleared his throat. "Okay, so...since I have no guts, I had to do this in front of everyone." He paused and you thought, he's scared so he's doing this in front of everyone? What?

"Of rejection," he clarified, and you stood shocked. "_____, I've liked you since the start of high school, and now it's almost the end. We only have a couple of years left together here at this school, so I decided to confess today. Would you please be my girlfriend?"

The crowd collectively gasped, ooh-ed, ahh-ed, squealed, and clapped, then fell silent again, waiting for your answer. "I--yes. Yes, I will be your girlfriend," you repeated the last part more confidently.

The crowd cheered and started a chant. "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! KISS!"

As you stood there blushing like an idiot, Daehyun put an arm around you and addressed the chanters, "Sorry folks, we're taking it slow! Nice and easy!"

There was a mixture of reactions as the crowd dispersed and went back to their conversations, while you stood staring at Daehyun. "You---I---you---really? Start of high school?"

"Yep," he gave you a smile that melted your heart.

"Since you confessed to me today, I should probably tell you this: I've liked you since start of high school too."

"Well then. We're perfect, eh?"

You simply grinned and leaned into Daehyun when you heard a familiar voice comment, "See, I was totally right. You two are great together. I approve!"

"Ignore him," Daehyun whispered. "Even though he's right."

 

A/N: Sorry for not updating in so long! I've been so busy T-T

Also, thanks to my subscribers. You guise are the best! ^_^