Hello

~Daehyun Oneshots~

"I'm tired," you complain, and your friend Daehyun nods in agreement.

"Yeah. Same. So how's your day been?" Although he asked, you can tell that his heart's not in it. He looked and even sounded preoccupied.

"Horrible," you confess anyway. "My parents are at it again, and this time I'm getting dragged into it to, even though I try my best to avoid either of them. They just started yelling at me out of the blue the other day because I didn't place in the spelling bee." You finally find an empty spot in the hallway, and sink down.

At this, Daehyun finally seemed to focus on your words again, and sits down next to you. "Aw, that's horrible. I mean--" he says, when you finally break down into tears. Alarmed, he pats your back awkwardly. "Hey, now, don't cry."

You continue crying.

After a moment of hesitation, Daehyun puts an arm around you and pulls you to him, so that you are leaning against his shoulder as he pats your head. It seems more like whacking, though. Despite everything, you laugh and choke on your tears at the same time. "You are horrible at this," you confessed.

"I know," he says sheepishly. "Sorry."

Your tears have stopped, and you are reduced to sniffling. You lean against Daehyun as he tries to reassure you. "Honestly, though, you were great. You made it to the top 25, out of the whole city! That's definitely an accomplishment. No matter what they say, you were amazing. They probably just yelled at you because they're tired of yelling at each other."

"True," you admit, "though that doesn't make it any better."

"I'm sure that deep down somewhere, they're proud of you."

You sigh. "I hope so. I'm honestly tired of all their ridiculously high expectations for me."

Daehyun and you sit together in silence for a while, when Daehyun moves and starts digging through his bag. "Here," he says, presenting you with a red box tied with a ribbon. "In case you forgot, it's White Day today."

He was right. You had forgotten.

Though it didn't mean anything that he gave you chocolates. It was an ongoing tradition: you gave him chocolates on Valentine's Day, he gave you chocolate on White Day. It had started out as a joke, mostly, but now it was just a comfort and a token of your friendship.

"Thanks," you say as you accept the box. "I'm actually in need of chocolate right now."

"Be my guest." He nods toward the box. "But hey, can I have one too?"

You grin at him, sniffling. "Yeah," you say as you open the box and take one, then offer him the box.

Daehyun takes one and pops it in his mouth, relishing the rich taste of chocolate. "Be thankful," he says. "This is some quality chocolate that I bought you."

You taste it. He was right. "Yeah, I appreciate the effort."

Daehyun seems lost in thought again. But then he abruptly asks, "Hey, are you doing anything tonight?"

"Nah, today's Friday. Why?"

"I hear this new movie is really good. You want to go?"

"Yeah, sure." It was a great excuse not to go home. "It beats listening to my parents bicker by a thousand times. Hey, by the way, I just don't want to step foot in my house. Do you mind if I go home with you?"

Daehyun looks at you. "Are your parents okay with that?" Though you both knew that they were; you'd been over to Daehyun's house a million times growing up, and to be honest, your parents didn't care either way.

"Are you okay?" you ask, since he looks distinctly uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I'm fine. And yeah, sure, you can go home with me."

Since the school day had ended anyway, and the two of you simply liked to stay after school in the quiet peacefulness, you decided to just go home. Well, Daehyun's home. Daehyun didn't say a word as the two of you walked along, though he was careful to keep pace with you. Stupid tall guys and their long legs, you think absentmindedly.

At Daehyun's house, you flop onto his bed after you had greeted his parents and brother (though his brother simply gave you a nod and was preoccupied with stuffing his face.) You sigh, and Daehyun mimics you from where he sits, facing the computer. "That's the fifth sigh in two minutes. You have to have beaten some record by now."

"Shut up," you tell him, though good-naturedly.

"Alright," he says suddenly. "So the movie starts at seven, and I was thinking we could go hang out in the park afterwards. Sound okay?"

"Okay."

"Cool." He checks his watch. "Well, it's six forty-five right now. Let's go."

You were busy stuffing your face into his pillow, which smelled like him and his shampoo. It was comforting, and frankly, you were already falling asleep. "But it's so comfortable here," you complain. "I don't want to move."

Daehyun whacks you with his other pillow. "You have two options: go to the movies with me, or stay here and sleep. In my bed. Which is not okay. You don't just steal someone's bed."

"I think I'll sleep," you mumble.

He whacks you again. "That was not really an option. Get up."

You sigh and sit up. "Alright, fine. Let's go."

The two of you head outside and walk to the theater nearby. Once you find seats, Daehyun leaves you in charge of the food and claims he must use the washroom. "Don't take too long," you hiss. "I'll look crazy, sitting here by myself with two large buckets of popcorn!"

Daehyun makes a face at you. "I can't control it when Mother Nature calls me, alright?"

You stick your tongue out in response, and turn your attention to the big screen as the movie begins. Halfway through, Daehyun returns and you hand him a half-empty bucket of popcorn. "What took you so long?" you whisper.

"Nature calling," he replies vaguely, and snorts as you make a face.

Once the movie is over, you and Daehyun go to the park, as planned. "That movie was horrible. I don't know what you're talking about," you say, when abrupty Daehyun stops and sits down on a bench. You follow him.

He takes a breath, then turns to look you in the eye. Though for some reason, he seemed hesitantly, and if you were seeing correctly, his ears were red, too. Daehyun clears his throat, then solemnly says, "There was a reason I wanted to invite you to watch a movie and go to the park today." Then he stops and shakes his head. "Gosh, that sounded awkward. Okay," he says again, and reaches under the bench to reveal a bouquet of flowers.

Daehyun hands it to you shyly. "Here," he says simply, and offers it to you. You take it, quite stunned. "So the point is, I like you. And I was thinking about how to do this, and then White Day came around. So, tadah," he attempts to sound cheerful, but his voice is shaky. "So...would you be my girlfriend?"

You are still speechless, and Daehyun seems to panic. He nods at the bunch of tulips in your hand. "You know, I was going to buy some roses, because they're romantic and all, but they ran out. So I had to settle for tulips, because like tulips, right? I mean--" He was rambling, a nervous habit of his.

"Daehyun," you interrupt. "Please shut up."

Daehyun looks absolutely mortified, and your heart tightens. "Oh no, I was rambling wasn't I? I'm so sorry, forget I ever said--"

"Daehyun," you repeat. "Shut. UP."

He looks at you, barely able to meet your gaze. The poor guy looked so vulnerable, you simply wanted to give him a hug. "The answer is yes," you state simply. You watch as the words register in his brain, and his face lights up into the smile you loved.

"Really?" he asks, as if to be sure.

"Yeah," you say, and gently place the tulips next to you. "What, did you think I would reject you?"

Daehyun simply frowns at you, and you realize that he really had expected you to say no. And yet he'd taken the risk anyway. "I love you, didn't you know that?"

He raises his eyebrows.

You roll your eyes. "How many times did I have to say it before you would understand? On Valentine's Day, every year, I meant it. On your birthday, I meant it. On Christmas, I meant it too."

If Daehyun smiled any bigger, his face would probably crack. He pulls you in for a hug, and you wrap your arms around him, breathing in his scent. "Yeah? Well, I love you too." And his arms tighten around you.

 

A/N: So, an update for White Day!

Ahahaha, also, because I haven't written fluff in so long, I decided to make it fluffy (and, you know, because it's for White Day...)

Anyway, yep. Hope you like :)