Exchange Student pt1

~Daehyun Oneshots~

You were at the airport with your parents, holding a handmade sign that read "Jung Daehyun! ^^" in bold letters. You felt a bit self-conscious, but you shrugged off the feeling, thinking that this was a great learning opportunity, and to achieve that you had to GET the guy first.

Your school had 25 Korean exchange students coming for a week, and you had volunteered to be a host for one of them. You barely spoke any Korean--only a few phrases--but your devotion to k-pop made you want to host. And your parents had agreed to let you host. When your teacher had asked if you had any preferences as to whether you wanted to host a guy or a girl, you had said that you didn't mind. So you had ended up getting paired with a guy named Jung Daehyun. According to his self-introduction, he loved food--all kinds. And the picture he'd included showed that he was sort of cute.

You spotted a lost-looking Asian guy walking among a crowd of other lost-looking people. As his wandering eyes landed on your handmade sign, he let out a relieved smile and walked over to where you were. He bowed. "Hello, my name is Jung Daehyun," he greeted you and your parents in a heavy accent.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is _____," you replied with a smile and a bow, holding out your hand for a handshake. Your parents greeted him warmly as well.

His eyes lit up. "Ohh! Your Korean is...beh-ree good!"

You couldn't help but smile at his adorable accent. "Thank you! Your English is really good as well. Okay, you have all your luggage, right?"

He paused for a moment, then nodded.

"Alright, we'll head home so you can put away all your stuff then," your dad said.

Daehyun seemed amazed by everything that he saw. You found it so cute, even though he was several years older than you. Once he settled into your guest room, he started to unpack when he froze and slowly looked up at you, who was standing there. When you realized that you were looking at his clothes...and underclothes...you blushed, squeaked out a "Sorry!" and turned to walk out of the room.

You half-ran back to your room and calmed down when you heard a slight knocking at your door. You turned and saw Daehyun poke his head inside your room. Luckily you had cleaned it the day before, so it was fairly neat. "Can I come in?" he asked, enunciating each word carefully, seemingly determined not to make a mistake when talking.

"Sure," you said, smiling.

"This is for you," he declared (A/N: it sounds like 'theese ees, for you"), holding out a wrapped package. "I gave Mr. and Mrs. theirs already."

You pretended to cough to hide the giggle that would have come out instead (Mr. and Mrs.!). You accepted the package. Whatever was inside felt soft. "Oh, thank you so much, Daehyun-ssi!"

He sat on the floor and stared up at you. "Open it. I think you will like."

You carefully opened it, taking care not to tear off the whole meticulous wrapping. Inside you found a teddy bear, and a Super Junior CD (you had mentioned that you liked Super Junior in your self-introduction). "Ahhh! Oh my god, thank you so much! Can I hug you?"

Before he could answer, you jumped off the bed and gave him a quick hug. He seemed stunned, but you were too happy to give it much thought. "Thank you thank you thank you~" you sang as you jumped up and down.

Daehyun seemed to recover his senses and grinned at you. "You're welcome. I knew you would like."

"Yes, I love it! I--" you looked at the clock. "Oh, we're going to go to the buffet! Do you need to get anything?"

"Buffet?" he asked, confused.

"Yes, buffet...restaurant...food. Eat," you said, miming eating by moving your hand to your mouth and opening and closing your mouth like you were chewing.

"Ahh...restaurant!"

Half an hour later, you, your parents, and Daehyun had found a table and were currently getting food. You filled your plate with your favorites and sat down, digging in. A few moments later, Daehyun sat next to you with a plate so full you were surprised the food didn't all fall right off. You widened your eyes and raised your eyebrows, still chewing. He grinned back at you and began to stuff his face.

You were still eating your first plate when he got up and went to find more food. What the heck? you thought to yourself. This guy, his appetite...

He returned moments later with a plate filled as full as the first. "Wow," you finally told him. "You're really hungry, huh?"

Daehyun swallowed his mouthful of food and said cheerfully, "Yes, I beh-ree beh-ree hungry."

He grinned again and continued to wolf down his mountain of food.

 

 

A/N: The end is so y T-T OTL I'm sorry

I was rushing.

But we had Japanese exchange students. I realized how little I actually knew....sigh.

Anyway, hoped you enjoyed most of this chapter, again I'm sorry for the y ending.

Hopefully this makes up for it:

Daehyun thanks you (or...me...or...you) :3

credits to owners!