Supernatural

~Daehyun Oneshots~

You live the normal live of a seventeen-year old: school, home, sleep, eat, do homework, study.

That is, until Jung Daehyun came into your life.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You arrived in class one morning to find a group of girls gathered together. Curious, you went over and nudged your best friend. "What's going on?" you asked.

Her answer was to scream in your ear. After calming down a bit, she half-yelled, "We have a new student! And he's so...dreamy!"

You rolled your eyes at her. She was always like this. "Oh, come on. You say that about practically every guy you look at."

She pouted and futilely argued, "No, I don't. Okay, maybe one or two. Okay, maybe a lot of the time. But...he really is good looking. Word has it, he's got a great voice too."

You rolled your eyes yet again and walked over to your seat, ignoring your friend chattering on all the while about all the good things in Jung Daehyun. "Come on, you gotta see him at least once this school year," she whined.

"I'm sure I will," you replied nonchalantly.

Class started and she stopped talking after that. Once the bell rang, you headed out and crossed the campus to another building for your next class (your school was big and consisted of multiple buildings). There was a crowd of girls gathered as someone walked past. A few girls nearby squealed and you deducted, "Well, I guess that's the Jung Daehyun everyone's been talking about."

You sighed, paid him no mind, and went to your next class. You were surprised and not so happy to find that Daehyun just so happened to have the same class as you. There was no way you were going to be able to concentrate now with all the whispering going on. You shook your head as Daehyun chose a seat across the room from you. You sighed in relief. At least he wasn't next to you--or even remotely near you. That was a good thing.

However, despite doing your best to focus on the lesson, you felt eyes staring at you. But whenever you looked up, everyone was busy taking notes. I must be going crazy, you thought.

Unfortunately, whatever deity existed didn't think that was enough of Daehyun for you. You also had the next two classes with him, and you were not pleased. At all. You had no idea why you hated him so much. Actually, it wasn't that you hated him so much as you hated all the hype about him. You didn't see it; sure, he was good-looking, but you'd seen better. He didn't even talk that much or do anything to stand out, yet everyone kept talking about him. Why? What was there to really like about him?

Gradually, as the year progressed, you managed to ignore him for the most part, as well as all the people talking about him. After all, it wasn't like you and he ever talked.

But one day, as you headed out of class one day, you found Daehyun standing by the door, staring at you. You looked up, surprised, and nodded at him in greeting. You attempted to maneuver around him but he kept blocking you. Finally, annoyed, you said, "Look, I'm sorry, but you're in my way. Can you move, please?"

Daehyun laughed, a deep somewhat pleasant sound. "Sure, but I was planning to suggest we go together. Since, you know, or maybe you don't know, but we have the next class together."

You stared at him in shock and squinted at him, trying to figure out what this was about. You then shrugged. "Sure."

As you were on your way with Daehyun, you earned stares everywhere, making you want to shrink and disappear. You'd never had this kind of attention before, and it was rather uncomfortable. "Piercing stares, huh? Kinda creepy," Daehyun said, low enough that no one could hear but you.

You could only nod in agreement, feeling slightly sorry for him. You weren't going to ask, but your curiosity got the better of you. "So, honestly, I don't see why everyone's talking about you. No offense. But why is everyone like that?"

Daehyun laughed again. "I have no idea. I'd figured it was just becaues I'm new, but with your question, I suppose that's not true, eh?"

"Nah," you replied, "usually no one ever pays the new kids any attention."

Daehyun seemed to muse over this fact. "Maybe it's the fact that I'm so good-looking," he joked.

"Psh," you scoffed. But inside, you thought, maybe this guy isn't so bad.

You and Daehyun eventually came to be friends. And despite yourself, you found that you were slowly falling for him. He definitely wasn't bad-looking, he actually liked to crack jokes, and your personalities fit surprisingly well.

The day inevitably came when Daehyun asked you out. You two were in the park hanging out as usual, when someone started singing. Daehyun had asked his friend Youngjae (who went to another school and whom you'd met once or twice) to sing while he confessed and asked you to be his girlfriend. Of course, you said yes. The grin he'd had on his face made your heart melt.

Your best friend never stopped teasing you about this. Although she obviously had liked him before, she was happy for you and supported you and Daehyun as a couple. You were extremely grateful for that.

However, things changed on a certain rainy day.

You were at Daehyun's house, with his parents gone and his brother upstairs, not caring what you two did. You sat on the couch, watching Daehyun watch the rain. Suddenly, his brown eyes flashed an electric blue and back to the normal brown so fast you were sure that you'd imagined the whole thing. You let it go and forgot about it until you made him lunch. He gave you a huge, goofy grin and began his usual process of stuffing his face.

But once he opened his eyes, they were once again the strage, electric blue. You weren't scared; instead, you were intrigued. "What's up with your eyes?" you asked.

Daehyun stopped chewing and tensed. "What do you mean?" he asked slowly.

You pointed at your face. "Your eyes. They're blue."

"I...they're blue?" Daehyun got up, all traces of a smile gone. "Dammit," he cursed. "I'm sorry. Wait here." He went into the bathroom.

But of course you didn't folllow him. You found him frowning at his reflection. "What's going on?"

He sighed. "I suppose it's time I tell you." He turned to face you. "I'm not...human."

You blinked. "What? You're not human?"

"No, I'm not."

"You're funny, Daehyun. Hilarious," you said, though you weren't amused at all.

"I'm not joking right now."

"Well if you're not human, what are you?" you shot back.

"I'm...half beast," he said, staring at the wall behind you, apparently braced for all sorts of reactions from you.

You laughed, genuinely. "So why do your eyes change color?"

He seemed relieved that you weren't screaming your head off. "When my emotions go haywire, they change color. I can usually control it, but I tend to wear contacts to make sure this doesn't happen anyway." He sighed. "I didn't wear contacts today."

"Rain makes your emotions haywire? Are you kidding me?"

He gave you his signature half-grin, half-smirk. "Lots of girls would say Rain makes them crazy."

You punched him lightly. "But I don't need Rain. I have you."

"Ewwwwww," Daehyun's brother announced, apparently hearing you while coming down the stairs. "You two lovebirds make me sick."

"You're just jealous," you and Daehyun both replied at the same time, and grinned at each other.

Daehyun's brother huffed and headed into the kitchen, making you grin.

Daehyun turned serious again and held your shoulders, staring into your eyes. "So, you're not afraid of me? You're not going to...scream or something?"

You gave him an odd look. "Should I be scared? You're still the Jung Daehyun I love, blue eyes or brown, right?"

He smiled at you, the one that always managed to make you melt into a puddle. Daehyun hugged you, and whispered, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," you replied, hugging him back.

 

inspired by Book of House of Gu/Gu Family Book

A/N: lolol I'm back! After my mini drama marathon...*sigh*

But seriously, if any of you haven't watched Book of House of Gu aka Gu Family Book yet, you should. It's great. Plus, Lee Seung Gi and Suzy....all the feels <3

ahahaha