Happy Birthday

~Daehyun Oneshots~

You put the finishing touches on the cake and admired it appreciatively. It looked fairly decent for your first time baking a cake, and you only hoped it tasted as good as it looked. You tucked it into a box and put it into the fridge. As you headed back upstairs to your room, your phone rang--your boyfriend. "Hey," you answered.

"Are you free today?" he asked, getting right to the point.

You laughed. "Of course. Today's Saturday, and I'll always make some time for you, oppa."

"Alright," he said, laughing as well. "I'll be there in five, yeah?"

"Okay. I'll see you soon. Love you."

"Love you."

You smiled to yourself, still partly unable to believe what an amazing man you've manage to have as your boyfriend. And since today was his birthday...

The doorbell rang; you ran to go get it, glancing at the mirror in the hallway to make sure your hair looked okay. You opened the door to find Jung Daehyun standing there, smiling. "Come on in," you said, and he did.

He made a beeline for the kitchen, as he always did, greeting your parents on the way. Panicking at the thought that he would see the cake before he was supposed to, you ran after him. "Yah, yah, Jung Daehyun! Stop! Wait!"

Daehyun had one hand on the fridge, looking back at you, amused. "What?"

"Take your hand off that handle." He did as you asked, sitting down.

"What's going on?" he asked, sounding slightly bewildered.

"Close your eyes, sit still, and don't move," you ordered, silently cursing. You weren't ready yet! Why had he come so quickly?

You ran upstairs to your room, trusting that he would do as you asked. You grabbed the wrapped package on your bed and hurried back down to Daehyun, who indeed was covering his eyes.

You placed the package on the table in front of him, then moved to hug him from the back. "Happy birthday, oppa," you whispered in his ear. "You can look now."

He uncovered his eyes and stared at the package, then turned around to face you, a smile slowly spreading on his face. Daehyun leaned in to give you a kiss, but you pulled away after a few seconds. "Open it," you told him.

Daehyun opened the package and laughed when he realized what it was: a neck pillow. You reddened slightly, afraid he didn't like it, or that he found it ridiculous. But you explained why you'd gotten it in the first place. "You're always so tired, and dozing off everywhere. I'm afraid you'll hurt your neck one day, so I got you this."

"Thanks, jagi," he said, admiring the pillow. "You're so thoughtful."

"Oh, that's not the only thing, either. I know you, you food addict. So..." You headed to the fridge, opening it. "Tadah," you said, presenting him the box of cake.

He opened it. "Ohhh--"

You went over to stand by him. "I made it myself today. Do you like it?"

Daehyun pulled you to him, hugging you. "Do I like it? I love it. I don't think you realize how much it means to me that you would do all this for me." He looked into your eyes, and you smiled. He gave a grin in return. "Now...would you prefer we eat this now, with your parents, and then go? Or would you rather go first and then come back and eat?"

"Let's eat first," you decided, going to call your parents. After taking a couple of pictures, Daehyun cut the cake and everyone ate, praising you. You waved it all off, pointing out how the decorations were actually horrendous. You were never one for compliments.

Afterwards, Daehyun drove you to a place you'd never been to before, but apparently was one of the hottest amusement parks around. There was a beautiful fountain where the two of you took pictures. "You should have told me to dress for this," you grumbled, glaring at the skirt you'd decided to wear.

Daehyun cut you off. "You look fine; I swear you could be wearing one of those potato suits they wear on TV sometimes, and you'd still look absolutely stunning. Plus, it's kind of pointless for you to be dressed nicely if we're going on those rides." He pointed.

You had to admit: Daehyun knew you loved going to amusement parks, though he rather disliked them himself. "That's not the point," you said, amused. "I'm wearing a skirt when--nevermind." At least you were wearing shorts underneath. "Anyway, why are you taking me to a place you don't like on your birthday?"

"Because you like it. And the greatest gift I could give myself today is to see you happy."

"Aww," you said, unable to help yourself. You let go of his hand and linked your arm through his instead. "But you should be enjoying yourself too, on your birth--"

He ruffled your hair. "I'll enjoy myself, don't wory." Though, you observed, he looked rather green just from looking at the ride you were in line for.

After the ride was over, you took one look at Daehyun and declared, "We're not going on anymore rides. Let's go get cotton candy."

"But--"

"You look like you're about to puke, oppa. Don't argue with me. Aigoo, why did you..." You didn't continue and instead dragged him to the cotton candy stand, buying two. Daehyun tried to pay, but you were not to be stopped. "I'm not letting you pay on your birthday, oppa. Please."

Daehyun let you lead him to an empty bench, and the two of you sat down. You leaned against him. "Happy birthday," you said again.

"You already told me that."

"I know. But you look kind of gloomy."

He sighed. "My parents are aborad, and my brother just a bunch of post-it notes in my hand and told me happy birthday."

You'd completely forgotten his parents were abroad. And even though you knew his brother cared for him, the guy wasn't exactly the most affectionate person out there. You didn't know what to say.

"That's why I was so touched when you gave me a present, and you even made me a cake." He put an arm around you and started to play with strands of your hair. It was soothing, and the two of you remained silent while simply enjoying each other's company.

After staying for the fireworks display, Daehyun took you to dinner at the ramen place where the two of you had first met. He then drove you home, and you kissed him before going inside. "Love you, oppa."

"Love you too, jagi."

 

A/N: I'm sorry this was so bad! There wasn't much of a plot to it (I'm sorry), but I wanted to write something birthday-related, and happy, as it is his birthday haha~