Practice Night pt2

~Daehyun Oneshots~

It's been nine months. Almost a year since B.A.P has debuted. Almost two years since you and Daehyun had broken up.

You were healing. At least, it didn't hurt to think about him anymore.

The first few months were terrible. You lost motivation for everything; you couldn't study, you couldn't write, you couldn't read, you couldn't even watch movies properly. You ached and your heart bled with everyday activities, because Daehyun used to always be there with you.

Gradually you began to get used to it, and the pain eased. Of course, it still felt like a stab to your heart when you saw him on TV, especially variety shows where he was forced to do fanservice. Aegyo and the like...what he used to do only for you. Now he was throwing it around so casually, albeit awkwardly, and thus you tended to avoid watching too much television.

But there were a few shows you'd always followed, like Weekly Idol and Beatles Code. The Weekly Idol episode with B.A.P was funny, you admitted, and you tried to pay more attention to the other members. But Daehyun kept grabbing your attention, and halfway through the episode you gave up and turned the TV off.

Now, you were sitting and holding a bowl of popcorn, surfing through channels until you found what show you were looking for: Beatles Code. To your dismay, you found that today was the B.A.P episode. Your curiosity got the better of you, however, and you forced yourself to watch. After all, if you could manage to separate your past from affecting what you thought, B.A.P was a charming group. Entertaining to watch.

You forced yourself to not think too much throughout the show. But Daehyun had to ruin that, of course. "I've dated a foreigner before," he said.

You turned cold and nearly dropped your bowl of popcorn. That was you. Even though you'd lived in Korea for a relatively long time, you'd come from overseas had no Korean in your blood. But why would he bring this up now?

You mused over this until the show ended and you switched the TV off. A moment later your phone beeped. Who could this be? you wondered.

"Hey, I don't know if you've seen the Beatles Code episode today yet. Honestly, I probably shouldn't be contacting you at all, after what happened...and I don't even have my own phone anymore. I'm sorry. But if you must know, I still remember you. I really don't know why I said that either. Sorry. I'll stop bothering you now. --D"

You froze, unsure what to make of this. He'd been the one to break up with you a year and a half ago. He'd been the one who told you never to contact him again, because he'd be busy training, and that any communication between the two of you would just turn out to hurt more. Yet, he texted you. With his manager's phone. Meaning, he still remembered your number...by heart.

Pushing down the irrational urge to reply, you hit delete and put your phone away. Answering wouldn't be beneficial to either one of you, so the best thing to do was to forget about it.

But your phone beeped again.

"I have this week off. You want to meet up? I'll probably be at my parents' house, but I'll stop by the park at 10 tonight. --D"

Again you didn't reply. You wanted to see him. So badly. And yet, that would be a stupid move. If you were trying to move on, wouldn't it be better to forget about all this? It wasn't like you had a future with him anyway, seeing as how he was a k-pop idol and busy as heck, not to mention the fangirls. You sighed and made a decision. You wouldn't go.

9:00 came by.

9:30.

9:45.

You sighed, shook your head, and gave in. You'd go, see what he wanted, and come back, simple as that. Shrugging on your jacket, you headed out into the night, towards the park that held so many memories.

You saw a figure sitting on the bench where you and Daehyun used to always meet. The person was absentmindedly kicking at the ground, breath visible in the chilly air.

As you approached, he looked up. Despite yourself, you had to catch your breath. You'd forgotten how handsome he really was in person, even without makeup. And what confused you was his reaction: the moment he landed eyes on you, Daehyun burst into a smile that made your heart ache.

He stood up and practically ran over to you, crushing you into a hug. Hesitantly, you hugged him back, and after a few seconds, it was as if time had turned back and it was just you hugging him, and him hugging you.

You let yourself enjoy the moment, but realized that sooner or later, it would have to end and go back to reality. You opened your eyes and let go. Daehyun, feeling your arms drop, also released you. Instead, he took your hand and led you to the bench. "Sorry about that," he said. "I missed you."

You cleared your throat, unsure of what to say, and sat down.

"So," he continued. "How have you been?"

"I get by," you replied, wincing at the way they came out. It sounded as though you'd just snapped at him, and he flinched slightly.

He paused a moment, and asked hesitantly, "You don't happen to have a boyfriend at the moment...right?"

You sighed but couldn't help smiling. "No, I don't. Why?"

"Oh, no reason. I was just asking to make sure I didn't offend you or something, you know, what with that spontaneous hug."

"Psh. As if. You forget we grew up together before--" You realized what you were about to say and shut up before you continued to sound stupid and wrapped up in the past.

Daehyun cleared his throat. You wanted to kick yourself. Why would you bring that up?

"You know," he said quietly, "I never really wanted to break up."

You caught your breath.

"Like you said, we'd grown up together. And I was in love with you. When I found out you felt the same, it was the happiest moment of my life." He paused and looked up at the sky. "It was the hardest decision I'd ever made in my life, to leave you and go to Seoul. It's not that I...regret...making that decision, but...I never forgot you."

You shuffled your feet, uncomfortable and not knowing where he was going with this.

"So when I was able to come back to Busan, I thought, I should meet up and explain everything to you."

"Thank you," you finally said, touched. "It means a lot that you would even care to tell me such things. If you must know, it was pretty hard for me too, to let you go. But I'm getting over it, I guess."

At this he turned to stare at you, wide-eyed. "No," he blurted. "Don't do that."

"What?"

"I don't know if you realized it....but that was my second confession to you. I want to go out with you like we used to."

"But...you're an idol, and you're busy, and the fans--"

"Don't worry about that, I'll find a way. Just trust me, please?" He looked into your eyes.

You didn't know what to do. Obviously, it would be hard to date someone as famous as him. But at the same time, you knew that that was what you really wanted all along. And not many people got such chances.

"Alright, then. But how--"

Daehyun cut you off with a kiss, and you were shocked. He pulled away just as quickly. "I said to not worry about it. It's my responsibility to take care of all that. Just for the next few days, let's pretend I'm not a part of B.A.P, and that time hasn't passed, and we're just two normal people dating. Can you do that for me?"

You saw the sincerity in his eyes, and it made you smile. "Of course," you replied.

 

A/N: Whoa, I'm sorry if that was really bad.

And I've been so busy with school, and it's really stressful this year, and I don't even know anymore. I'm sorry

I'll still try to update, though :)