Coffee Shop

~Daehyun Oneshots~

"Ahhh~"

You opened your mouth wide and your boyfriend put some cake in your mouth. "Mmm," you smiled at him, chewing, and gave him a thumbs up. You got some cake on your spoon and turned toward him. "Here, ahhh~"

"Ahhh~" he said childishly, and you fed him the cake. You snapped a picture together with a polaroid camera and hung it up on the wall, with your signatures.

The two of you were coined the "cutest couple" during high school years. That is, until he got into TS Entertainment and started training to become part of a new group, B.A.P. Slowly your communication dwindled down to nothing, and you got a text one morning:

"Hey, I'm sorry that I have to give you this news through text and not in person. But B.A.P. is going to debut, and we're not allowed to date. I'm really sorry about this. Just know that I'll be thinking of you, and I hope you'll continue to support me and give me as much love as you have up until now. Thank you for everything, and again, I'm so sorry.

-Jung Daehyun"

He didn't even end his messages as he usually did anymore: with "-DaeDae Oppa ^^". You supposed this was it, then. You could feel your heart break into a million pieces. You wanted to be mad at him, yet you couldn't bring yourself to. He was following his dreams, and you were happy for him. You knew that this was eventually going to happen, and despite that, you encouraged him to sing and do what he loved. You just weren't prepared for when this would actually happen.

Tears slid down your face and you buried your face in your hands. Your hands shook as you sent a reply message:

"Daehyun,

I understand; I'm happy that you're finally going to debut, I will continue to support you. Hope you become successful, and good luck. However...please don't contact me anymore. That'd make it easier for both of us, I think. Thanks for the good times we've had together, and good luck in your future."

You wanted him to know how much you were hurting, but that would just make it harder. For both.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

*5 years later*

It was a normal day at work in the coffee shop. Ring up orders, serve the customers, clean up. Despite how much it had hurt you to keep working at this place when Daehyun first broke up with you, you decided that it didn't matter in the long run; this was a great place to work.

And then, after debuting for a few years, you caught wind of dating rumors between Daehyun and a famous actress. The company confirmed it to be true, and you couldn't decide how to feel. It shouldn't affect you, because you were just a part of his past, but your heart hurt anyway.

As you were in the back re-organizing stuff, your best friend and co-worker ran in. "____-ah!" she hissed. "It's him!"

You were unable to comprehend. "What?"

"You know, him. He's back. I heard B.A.P got a vacation, so he came back here in Busan. But he's here!"

Your mind remained blank. He came back? He came here? Why?

Your friend studied your face and after a while, she said softly, "You know, I could go out there if you don't want to. Just stay back here, and I'll take care of it."

"No, it's okay. It's probably better if I face him myself," you said, staring at the wall and willing your voice to stay steady.

You went outside and saw him standing, staring at something on the wall. As you came closer, you saw it was the picture of you two from so long ago. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. "May I help you?" you asked in a monotone.

"It's still here," he commented.

You couldn't help yourself. "Why are you here?"

"You didn't take this off," he said, not answering your question.

"Look, we don't appreciate people loitering about here. Now, did you want anything? Because if not, I will have to ask you to go outside."

"Just some cake would be good, thanks. Raspberry cheesecake."

Your heart panged. It was the cake you were eating in the picture. "Alright," you said, and went to the cash register. You put in the order, and took the money. You got him the slice of cake. All this you did in a daze.

"____...if it's not too much trouble, would you mind sitting down? We haven't talked in ages." Daehyun looked you straight in the eye.

"What is there to talk about?" You looked away. But you sat across from him nonetheless. The picture of you two from the past stared down at you.

"So, how have you been?" he asked as he ate a piece of cake.

"Pretty decent. I get by," you responded. "You?"

He rubbed his forehead with his palm. "Tired. There's a lot going on."

"But you're on break," you pointed out.

He reluctantly grinned at you. "See, I miss that about you. Pointing out the flaws in my statements."

You ignored this, even though your heart beat a little faster. "So...how's your girlfriend?"

"How's your boyfriend?" he countered.

"I don't have one," you shot back.

"Oh," he said quietly, subdued.

"Answer my question. I'm curious. How are things with your famous girlfriend?"

"That's irrelevant."

You slammed your hands on the table. "This whole conversation is irrelevant! I don't even know what you're doing here! Why'd you come here, of all places?"

Daehyun stayed quiet for a moment. "I don't know," he said honestly. "I was just roaming Busan, and somehow my feet took me here. And I remembered all the things that happened here. Good memories. And...I wanted to see how you were. Is that too much to ask?" he asked, and as you looked at him you saw he had tears in his eyes.

Tears formed in your eyes as well. "Actually, that's nice of you. But as I told you all those years ago, it would be easier on both of us if we never saw each other again. Or at least for me. Just...live your life well, and I'll live mine. You're already quite successful; one of the most popular idol groups. There's no reason for you to come back and visit a lowly worker at a small coffee shop like this." With that you stood up and began to walk away.

"Wait!" he called, and you stopped, not turning around. "Here, I have something for you. I was cleaning out some of my stuff back at the dorm, and I found this." He put something in your hand. "Well then...that's that, I guess. I suppose I won't be seeing you then."

He quietly walked out the door, leaving the faint smell of him behind, as well as a half-eaten cake.

Your tears finally fell, and you took a deep, shuddering breath. You looked down in your hand, and saw that it was a keychain of a photo that the two of you had taken together while at the park. You had the same picture in a frame, at the back of your closet. You looked up and out at the window, where you saw he was watching you. He gave a small, sad smile, and a weak two- salute.

And then he walked away.

 

angst requested by mjin99

A/N: Inspired by "Coffee Shop" lol, if you haven't heard it, listen to it!

I'm sorry, this isn't nearly as angst-y as I wanted intended it to be, but...I hope you don't hate me for this. >___<

Again I'm sorry. OTL