Unexpected

~Daehyun Oneshots~

You opened your eyes to the sight of sunlight streaming in through the window. You smiled; it was going to be a good day--and were prompty hit in the face by an arm.

You shoved the arm off your face and sat up. "Yah, Jung Daehyun, just because I'm sleeping in your bed does not mean you have the right to abuse me like this--"

Daehyun, sleeping, frowned and turned his back to you, shoving his pillow over his head. You sighed and got out of bed, greeting his mother on the way to the bathroom.

Of course, it was probably odd to most people that even grown, you and Daehyun were allowed to sleep together on the same bed, but you'd known each other since kindergarten, your parents were the best of friends, and in all honesty, that was all the two of you did: sleep.

After brushing your teeth and hair (you were there so often, you had a resident toiletries), you headed downstairs to find breakfast; Daehyun's mother was making bacon. "Honey, could you make the eggs? I've already prepared everything else, and besides, you know how everyone likes their eggs."

"Sure thing, umma." Practically living in Daehyun's home for over ten years had allowed you to call his parents your parents; after all, they were basically your second parents. The same applied for Daehyun.

After scraping eggs onto everyone's plate, you saw Daehyun going down the stairs. His mother took the pan from you to wash, and the moment he entered the kitchen, you kicked him.

"Ow!" he protested. "What was that for?"

"For whacking me in the face today and then ignoring me when I was yelling at you."

"I was asleep, for goodness' sake!"

"Yeah, well, that's too bad, isn't it?" You sauntered away. "Anyway, breakfast is ready, so go get your dad and brother."

Daehyun made a face, but did as told. After breakfast, Daehyun washed the dishes while you dried them. "Sorry for hitting you," he mumbled.

"It's fine. I know you were asleep. Plus, I already gave you your punishment." Just then, your phone rang; you dug it out of your pocket. "Hello?"

It was your older sister. "Hey, could you come watch Yuna today? I know it's really last minute, but I need to work and her babysitter just called saying she's sick. Plus, it's summer, so you don't have to study or anything; could you please come? You can bring Daehyun too, if you want."

"Yeah, sure, I don't have anything planned for today. I'll be over in about twenty minutes."

"You're a lifesaver. Thanks!"

You hung up and looked at Daehyun, who was now finished with the dishes and was questioning you with his eyes. "It was my sister. I have to babysit Yuna today. You want to come with?"

"Yeah, I'll come." He swung an arm across your shoulder and half-dragged you upstairs. "I shall keep you company while you watch over your little niece."

"Get off me," you told him as you gathered your things and stuffed them into your bag. But you were secretly thankful--even though you loved your one-year-old niece, being alone with her the whole day would have been a bit tedious.

Twenty minutes later, you opened the door to your house and walked in, Daehyun right behind you. "Thank you so much!" your sister hugged you. "Sorry again! Oh, hey, Daehyun." 

"Hello," he greeted her. After hugging him as well, she hurried out the door, calling behind, "Yuna is sleeping right now!"

The two of you stared after her and headed up to your room, where you could both keep an eye on Yoona across the hall and do whatever you wanted. Daehyun took your laptop and you crawled onto your bed. "Wake me up if Yuna does, yeah?"

"You," he said pointedly, "are a horrible babysitter."

"That's only because you're here," you replied, and turned your back to him.

About half an hour later, the chaos started. Yuna woke up crying for her mother, and you hurried into the room. "Hey, Yuna," you said softly, patting her back as the cries died away. "Your mom's at work, so I'm here. Daehyun is here, too!"

Yuna brightened and clapped when she saw Daehyun walk into the room. You sighed, and Daehyun gave you a triumphant smirk. "She likes me more than you," he drawled.

"Shut up. That's because she doesn't see you every day."

The rest of the day passed by quickly. At around eight in the evening, after feeding and showering Yuna, it was time for her to sleep. You and Daehyun went downstairs, where he grabbed your guitar and started strumming softly. Worn out from watching the baby the whole day, you leaned against him.

"Your hair's still wet," he said, though he did not sound annoyed by the fact.

"No it isn't. I showered an hour ago. Stop complaining." You closed your eyes.

"Hey," Daehyun said suddenly.

"What?" you asked, eyes still closed.

"What if we had a kid like Yuna?"

"What?" you repeated, but now your eyes were open and you were no longer leaning against Daehyun.

"You're so dense, you know that?" Daehyun sighed, put the guitar away, and sat next to you again.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I like you. I'm amazed you couldn't tell."

"You--what?" Maybe it was because you were tired, but his words weren't making sense. Daehyun? Liking you?

"Here, maybe this will help you understand." And then out of nowhere, his lips were on yours.

When he drew away, eyes twinkling, the only thing you could think of to say was, "Oh."

Daehyun laughed and patted your head. "We need to work on that. But it's okay, we have time."

 

 

A/N: I feel like I keep apologizing for not updating on every update, but it's true ;-; I'm sorry