Exchange Student pt2

~Daehyun Oneshots~

You were home alone with Daehyun. Your parents had gone to a family friend's wedding, and you didn't really want to go. Your parents trusted you not to do anything stupid, and trusted the fact that Daehyun was...well, Daehyun. He was a nice guy and had manners.

You and Daehyun were sitting side by side on the floor in the guest room, which was temporarily Daehyun's room. Your laptop was open in front of both of you, on YouTube.

"So, Daehyun-ssi, do you like to sing?" you asked curiously as you scrolled through videos from your subscriptions.

"Uhh...yes. I am...a little good. How about you?"

You thought about how to answer without sounding too arrogant. You were in chrous, and had participated in your school's talent show. To say the least, you had a decent voice. "I like to sing too. I'm not that good, though," you said, going for the more humble route.

"Ohhh~ really? We should sing together," Daehyun said jokingly.

You turned around to face him, a smile on your face. "We should! What do you want to sing?"

He scrunched his face up and shrugged. "I don't know...whatever you want to?"

"Okay then..." You scrolled through your iTunes and told Daehyun to tell you when to stop.

"Stop," he said after a while, and when you checked, you saw it was "Love the Way You Lie" by Rihanna. You inwardly groaned. This was rather tough.

You pointed to the screen. "Do you know this song?"

He nodded.

"Okay then...ready?"

He nodded again, then started warming his voice up. "Ahhhhhhh~~~~~~"

You decided to follow him and warm your voice up as well. Without really noticing, you two started to harmonize.

"Okay! Let's start!"

You sang along with the song for the first verse, then Daehyun joined you for the chorus. The two of you harmonized perfectly, and turned to face each other, grinning. You let Daehyun sing alone for the second verse, and you joined in again for the chorus. You let him take the , and you did the rapping part, which greatly amused Daehyun (trying to sound like Eminem, you screamed parts that he stressed--after all, he was basically screaming anyway).

When you and Daehyun finished the song, you both sat there grinning like idiots at each other. You stared into his eyes (he had such pretty eyes)--until you felt stupid and creepy and stopped.

"We're good together," you told him, relaxing again.

"Yes," he agreed. "You want to sing another?"

"Sure," you said, and together you chose another song at random: Shy Boy by Secret.

Again, the two of you took on the song perfectly, your voices working and harmonizing so that it sounded like the two of you had practiced together for a long time.

When your throats grew dry, you decided to stop. You and Daehyun sat together in a happy silence. "You have a really good voice," you told him.

"You have nice voice too. Very...soothing, but strong," he replied, staring directly into your eyes.

You blushed slightly and looked away. "You have to leave in...five hours, right?"

He nodded.

You two sat in silence again.

"Oh, _____-ssi, I just remembered. Here is my email, so we can still keep...contact?" he said the last part as a question, as if looking for the right word.

You nodded and logged into your email so that he could type it in.

After you two had exchanged emails and Skype accounts, you sat in silence again. Then he stood up. "I should pack, I have to go soon."

You nodded and stood up too, carrying your laptop with you to your room.

~ ~ ~

Hours later, at the airport, you felt a piece of your heart break as you watched Daehyun join his classmates to go back to Korea. Even though you'd only spent a week together, you felt close, and were extremely saddened to see him go.

On your way home, you comforted yourself with the thought that, even though you'd probably never see him again, you could still keep in contact by email...or Skype. You smiled to yourself at the last part. Skype = video call = really not so bad.

 

A/N: I'm sorry, the ending is really bad. T-T

Anyway, I could totally just imagine Daehyun as an exchange student, can't you? :3