Like a Boomerang

~Daehyun Oneshots~

"What are you doing?!" he screamed at you from the other side of the door. "You didn't even leave any dinner left for me!"

You were frustrated. He and you were supposed to go on a date today, finally. But he forgot; not a surprise. He was busy: practice, schedules, more practice, more schedules. Okay, so he was busy. You got that. He was an idol; he had fans. He had to be careful, since the managers wouldn't be with him when you two went together. You understood that too. But this was the fifth time he forgot about a planned date in two weeks. And he dared to scream at you for not making dinner? That was too much for you.

"How dare you scream at me when you forgot we had a date planned!" you burst out, sure the door was still locked. "How dare you scream at me for not making dinner when this is the fifth time you've forgotten we were supposed to finally do something together!"

You jumped as Daehyun's fist slammed against the door. He'd never gotten that violent before. "I'm busy, how many times do I have to tell you that for you to understand?!"

"Then why tell me to get ready for a date when you know you're not going to make it?" you countered.

The fist slammed again. You flinched. "Why do I even bother with you?" he growled. "You don't welcome me home, you don't try to cheer me up when I'm tired or stressed, you don't even cook anything for me!"

You took a breath. True, you didn't welcome him home. But how could you do that when he came home past midnight every day? You tried to cheer him up whenever he was in a bad mood. You sang cheesy songs, took him places, listened to him rant. Apparently that never helped.

But he dared to say you never cooked?

Who often left cookies, cakes, dinners, all sorts of food for him when he got home, when you knew he'd be hungry? Who surprised him with freshly baked cheesecake in the fridge? The only times you didn't cook was when he said not to, because you'd be going somewhere.

Which he did five times the past two weeks, then came home angry and screaming at you even though he'd forgotten.

As you heard him stomp down the stairs and slam the door, you quietly unlocked the door and let the tears fall. "I knew this would happen," you whispered. "That's why I left the extra portion of food in the fridge."

You must have fallen asleep at some point, because when you woke up, you were in bed. As your mind cleared, you realized that an arm was slung over you; an arm that could only belong to Daehyun. You stiffened. You didn't want to, but you knew it was time to break things off. You could only take the anger for so long, and you were tired of it, no matter how much you loved the guy.

You sighed. "Daehyun?" you croaked.

"Hmmm," he replied, clearly still half asleep.

"We need to talk."

"Hmmmmm. Later, 'kay?" he hugged you closer and you sat up. He looked at you with a shocked face.

"I said, we need to talk. Now. I don't think I can wait anymore."

He sighed as well and sat up next to you. You mentally cursed the fact that he was so devastatingly good-looking, even when he just woke up. "Alright. What is it you wanted to talk about?"

You took a deep breath and prepared yourself for the next words that you'd rehearsed last night. "Daehyun, I think it's about time we break things off," you blurted, not looking at him.

He grabbed your shoulders and turned you so you were forced to look him in the eye. Dammit, you thought. His eyes...

"Why?" he demanded, sounding panicked.

You pushed his hands off your shoulders. "I'm tired of this, Daehyun. You tell me we're going to go somewhere. It's time, and I don't see you anywhere. Then you come home three hours later, not only not apologizing, but screaming at me because I didn't make dinner.

"And even when you're not angry...you're an idol, Daehyun. Let's face it: fans. No matter how hard you try, every morning I find something a sasaeng left, nasty things, threats, whatever. They tell me to stay away from you. I'm tired. I can't do this anymore. So let's break up."

You turned away again.

"No," he whispered. "I'm sorry. No, don't--please, I'm sorry--"

You cut him off, because if he kept it up you knew you might eventually succumb. "No, Daehyun. I have all my stuff packed already, I'm moving out today. So, I'm sorry too. But I have to do this."

As soon as you brushed your teeth and changed, you stuffed anything extra of yours into your bags and walked out the door, fighting every instinct to turn around and come back to a silent, crying Daehyun.

~ ~ ~

Every day for the next week, you found a bouquet of flowers on the front porch of your parents' house, with a note. Eventually the day came where Daehyun himself stood there.

"I'm sorry, ____-ah, please. I'll stop. Come back. Please."

Against your better judgement, you started to cry. "I didn't want to do this either. It was hard, for both of us."

He pulled you to him and hugged you. "I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. I know what you did was best for you, but it pains me every day to not have you by me. So come back, please."

You sighed and made your decision. He was sorry, and you were hurt too. "Alright. I'll come back."

 

A/N: Whooooo! I'm back! And B.A.P Live on Earth in America is today....but I'm not there T-T

Anyway, sorry for the y-ish chapter, but I needed to update after so long. Sigh. Hope you liked it!

Btw, the title is 'cuz you leave...and you come back. Lame, I know, I'm sorry. I'm terrible at coming up with titles for things. >.<