You're Beautiful

~Daehyun Oneshots~

You nervously munched on a carrot as you stared at the magazine's headlines. You glanced at the clock; Daehyun should be coming soon. You sighed and grabbed yet another carrot; what was this, your fifth?

You heard the door open and ran to greet your boyfriend. "Daehyun!" you cried as you hugged him.

Daehyun gave a laugh and patted your head. "Why are you so enthusiastic today, my little munchkin?"

You frowned at the munchkin thing. You didn't mind very much normally, but the criticizing articles that had appeared since Daehyun made your relationship public had somewhat gotten to you. Being an idol's girlfriend definitely wasn't easy--there were many different types of fans out there: those who were nice and supported you, those who didn't necessarily support you two but respected it anyway, those who outright disapproved, and, the worst, sasaengs. Daehyun tried to protect you from all that, but the guy believed that all his fans were sweet. Not to mention, he was busy a lot of the time, so you two didn't get much time together.

Daehyun looked past you and saw the front cover of the magazine behind you. His smile turned into a frown. He tsked. "What are you reading these for?"

"I don't know, I found it outside the door when I got home today. Some fan must have left it there."

He sighed and picked it up, proceeding to read the article about the two of you. He winced at some choice words included--mostly directed at you--and prompty threw it in the trash. You tried to hold back your tears. Daehyun then came up behind you and gave you a backhug. "You know that none of that's true, right?" he whispered fiercely in your ear. "You're beautiful, no matter what they say."

"But it's true," you whispered back in a defeated tone. "I'm fat, I'm ugly, nowhere near deserving of you. I'm not like any of those celebrities, pretty and smart, and talented too. I'm not even like most normal people; I'm useless and I'm wasting your time and--"

Daehyun turned you around to face him, cutting you off. His eyes met yours and he held the gaze. "No. Listen, ____-ah, you're beautiful. You're not fat, you're only slightly chubby, and I like that about you. It's healthy, it's not good to be stick-thin like some people. You're not ugly, nowhere near it. You're plenty smart, heck, I'd say you're smarter than me. And you're definitely not useless, you're amazing at whatever you put your mind to. So get all of that stuff the magazines and articles say out of your head. It's their job to ruin people's lives; your job is to live your life well. With me. Okay?"

Tears started falling from your eyes as you nodded. Daehyun pulled you in for a hug, and you hugged back tightly. After a while, you let go and wiped your eyes. You tried a smile. "Are you hungry? Wait, I don't need to ask, you're always hungry. There's some cheesecake in the fridge, I made it last night. Help yourself."

He gave you a bright smile and went immediately for the food awaiting him. You grabbed another carrot and followed him. He caught you eating the carrot and narrowed his eyes as he cut two slices of cake and put them on plates. "Here, this is yours," he said, handing you huge slice of cake.

"Why's it so big?" you asked.

"Oh, because I think you need a healthy dose of cheesecake. Those carrots aren't filling at all," he replied as he stealthily stuffed the whole pile of carrots into his bag. "You need actual food."

You groaned. "Daehyun, I'm trying to diet here, all this food you're getting me to eat is just gonna get me fat."

He narrowed his eyes at you and looked at you from head to toe. Embarrassed, you tried to cover yourself. "I don't see any problem with my girlfriend. I see a perfectly normal, healthy, beautiful girl in front of me. Look, I already said, this, you're fine. You don't need to diet."

You didn't even bother arguing him anymore. You still weren't convinced, but you decided to go with him anyway. You ate the entire slice within a few minutes. Daehyun was watching you with a smug smile on his face. "See, I knew it, you're hungry too. Don't starve yourself. I don't care how you look, you'll always be pretty to me. Heck, don't you remember how we met?"

You did. You'd been a waitress in a restaurant when you two met. You'd served him his food, and he'd given you a bright smile. And he'd come to the resturant a few times a week, to talk to you. Eventually, things progressed, and you started dating. Then Daehyun had debuted with B.A.P, and eventually had come out and said that he was dating you. That was where things stood now.

You smiled at him. Honestly, you were so lucky to have such a great guy. It was rare a boyfriend would know about his girlfriend's worries and insecurities, much less say such things to cheer her up. As you contemplated this, your mood went up. So maybe you were fat. Maybe you were ugly, compared to other girls. But you had Daehyun, always supporting and caring for you, and that was all that mattered.

 

A/N: requested by secretdiary

Sorry, I feel like that was kind of really bad.... >.<

And I hope that I sort of got what you had in mind.