A Project

~Daehyun Oneshots~

 

You were sitting in your World Studies class, studiously taking notes when you felt a pair of eyes on you. You looked up and saw a guy staring at you: Daehyun, aka Mr. Popular. He looked towards the teacher. Mentally shaking your head, you went back to taking notes and concentrating on what the teacher was saying.

Again, you felt someone staring at you. Looking up, you saw it was Daehyun again. Slightly unsettled and irritated, you discreetly checked to see if there was something wrong with you; nope, everything was normal. You then remembered there were posters behind you. That must be it. Tsk, tsk, this guy. Staring at posters on the wall while the teacher was explaining important stuff.

You didn't think much of the incident until you started to notice that you caught him staring at you during every class. You told your best friend about it. "Oooh, maybe he likes you," she teased.

You laughed. "Ha, please. And anyway, it's sort of creepy."

As a few months went by, you started to notice him more. He definitely wasn't bad looking. He had a nice smile, and he seemed like a nice and friendly person. You found yourself starting to fall for him. Of course, he was one of the popular folk, though, so there was no chance of you two ever talking alone. Knowing that your little crush would get nowhere, you lost hope, although you still liked him.

And then, one day, your teacher assigned a group project, calling out the names of people who would be working together in pairs. You started to space out until you heard your name. Followed by, "Daehyun. You two will be working together. Your assigned topic will be World War II."

You felt your heart start beating faster. The teacher gave the class time to start on the projects. You heard the chair next to you being pulled out and someone sat down on it. "So, I guess we're partners," Daehyun said.

"Yeah. So let's get started..." you replied, and launched into the areas that you needed to cover for the project.

Daehyun would occasionally nod and comment, or give an opinion. By the end of class, you had half the assignment done already. Before everyone left and headed to their next class, however, you heard your teacher shout, "Hey, folks! Remember, projects are due next class, and we'll start presenting then too! Make sure you get your partner's contact info: email, digits, etc etc. Whatever you need to make sure you're ready for next time!"

You felt a tap on your shoulder. You looked up at Daehyun; he was at least a head taller than you. He had a smile on his face. "You heard too, right? We need to exchange contact info." He handed you his phone. "You have a phone, right? Just put your number in, along with your email."

"Okay," you said and handed him your phone as well. Inside you were going crazy, since this was an extremely convenient way to get his number and email.

"Alright, I'll text you when I get home, or you can text me later to work on the project."

"Alright, sounds good." You gave him a smile and practically ran before you were late to your next class, which was all the way on the other side of the building. 

He and you worked well together, and got a perfect score on the presentation. As you both sat back down, he gave you a high five along with a killer smile. "Good job! We did great."

You laughed quietly since another group was presenting, and agreed, "Yep, we work really well together."

At the end of class, he grabbed your arm before you could leave. "Hey, you know how that dance is coming up soon?"

You nodded, slightly confused and more than a little shocked.

"You wanna go with me?"

"What? With you?"

"Yeah, I, uh...I like you. And you said so yourself, we work well together."

You laughed. "Well, I like you too. And actually, I meant the project, but that's okay. I like you too. And we can make ourselves work well together on more than just projects, yeah?" You gave him a wink, and ran off. This was most definitely the best day of your life.

A quick look behind you revealed that he was currently grinning like an idiot. Once he saw you looking back, he gave you a wink in return, and you blushed, hurrying to the next class.

 

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating often! Teachers are currently bombarding me with homework and all sorts of assignments. Which is sort of where this idea came from. As well as this sort of happening to me, haha, except no pair work and no dance. Just...awkward moments of staring, I don't even know what to think.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Comment~