Family Dinner

~Daehyun Oneshots~

"Honey, could you check on the dumplings?" you mother shouted at you above all the noise in the kitchen.

"Sure, mom!" You went over to do as she asked.

Your boyfriend, Daehyun, was coming over in about fifteen minutes for dinner with your family. You and your mom were currently busy in the kitchen preparing all the food, while your dad set the table and placed all the hidden cameras. That's right, your parents happened to have a sense of humor. 

You'd just wanted to bring Daehyun home to enjoy some dinner with both him and your family. Your parents, however, wanted to pull a prank on him, even though this was the first time meeting him.

"I think the dumplings are all set, Mom," you called.

"Good! Give me about five of them of them," she said, coming over to you. You handed her five and she carefully injected a not-so-small amount of wasabi into them. "Oh, I would love to see his reactions to this," she cackled.

"Mom," you complained futilely.

The doorbell rang. "I'll go get it!" you cried and practically threw the door open. You looked up and grinned at Daehyun, who had dressed up for the occasion. He had on a button-down shirt that was fairly formal, along with some nice jeans. A bow tie completed the look and he looked so adorable, you wanted to pinch his cheeks. "Hey," you said. "Come on in."

Daehyun fidgeted with the bow tie. "Do I look okay?"

"Of course! You look great in everything," you said, shooting him a smile. You led him to the dinner table. "Go ahead and sit here, the food will be out in a moment."

He grabbed your hand before you could walk away. "Should I be scared?" he whispered. "I'm extremely nervous."

"It's okay," you whispered back. "You'll do great. My parents are going to love you."

He pushed up his glasses and nodded. You and your mom brought the food to the table a few minutes later and found that Daehyun was already deep in conversation with your dad. But as soon as he saw your mom, he jumped up and bowed. "Hello, I'm Jung Daehyun, nice to meet you!" he introduced himself enthusiastically and pulled out a chair for her.

"My, my," you mother said, winking at you. "What a gentleman you found."

Your mom began serving the food. "So, I hear my daughter say that you're an easy eater," your dad said.

"Yes sir, I can eat anything and everything. I'm certainly not picky," he replied with a smile, though you saw his hands shaking in his lap. You reached over and held his hand, and he gave you a grateful smile.

"Good! Here, try some of my dumplings," your mother announced, giving Daehyun a plate filled with five dumplings. You winced inwardly, hoping that he'd be okay. "They're a classic in this household!"

Daehyun thanked her and shoved a whole dumpling into his mouth. You cringed. His face went from smiling to extremely concentrated. As last he swallowed the mouthful and ventured, "It's...definitely special. I've never tasted such dumplings before."

Your dad hid a laugh with a cough. Your mother smiled at him. "That's good. Eat some more, honey."

Daehyun managed to eat three more before he excused himself and went into the kitchen. Your parents burst out laughing and you ran into the kitchen after Daehyun. "Are you okay?" you asked, handing him a glass of water. You couldn't help it; you were smiling too.

After he downed the entire glass, he glared at you. "I trusted you," he said mock-accusingly.

You shrugged. "What can I say? My parents have a sense of humor. But I'm sorry anyway."

He laughed and ruffled your hair. "Don't be. It's fine. It's not like this is the first time this has happened to me. You wouldn't believe how much wasabi Youngjae likes to squeeze into my food when I'm not looking."

The two of you headed back out to the table. "How are you, young man?" your mother asked.

He smiled at her. "I'm fine, thank you very much. Your cooking skills are to be admired, as well as your sense of humor."

Your mom cackled and turned to face you. "I like this kid."

"I do too, Mom. I do too," you said as you held onto his hand under the table.

 

A/N: School's finally over! Yay!

Sorry this is so short....Hope you enjoyed! :)