Road to Recovery pt3

~Daehyun Oneshots~

Daehyun, like before, stuck by me the rest of the school day. This time, though, I didn't mind. Somehow, his presense had transformed from irritating to reassuring. Unfortunately, I was feeling very out of it; if I admitted it to myself, I was depressed. My parents were in another country. Part of my memory was gone. My one and only friend was no longer close with me. Yesterday I came extremely, frighteningly close to being by four drunk men. And somehow, even though I'd lost my memory, I had kept a sense of wariness around people; just what I needed to make new friends, huh?

When night came around, I knew I wouldn't be sleeping. There was too much on my mind. So instead I walked to the park across from the school and found an empty bench. I settled on it, trying to get as comfortable as I could, with my knees pulled up and burying my face in my arms. I listened to the silence, and looked back on my problems. Before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face. I despised myself; I was self-pitying and had no friends. I had a terrible personality. And not only that, now my brain was messed up and there was a huge gap in my memory. There were rumors going around about me, my memory loss, and how I probably faked the whole thing to get attention. Was I that terrible a person? What did I ever do to anyone? To top all that off, I was being selfish and self-pitying and I knew it, and I was being all that anyway.

I felt someone put an arm around my shoulders, even though I hadn't heard anyone sit down next to me. I didn't want to look to see who it was; I didn't care anymore. If they saw me crying, then that was that. I cried to my heart's content, and felt the person put my head on their shoulder and my hair slowly.

As my sobs subsided, I heard a decidedly male voice say softly, "Feeling better?"

That voice. The one that somehow had come to feel familiar and comforting, and I immediately knew who it was. I snuggled closer into him and wrapped my arms around his waist and sighed. "Yeah. Jung Daehyun, what are you doing here in the middle of the night?"

He chuckled quietly. "I could ask you the same thing, except, you know, I don't think you want to talk about it."

"No, I don't, but thanks for being here anyway. Though I'm starting to think you're a creep and stalker for finding me everywhere."

And I felt his warmth as he hugged me. "Well, I just wanted to let you know, I'm always here if you need me. There's at least one person who cares for you in this world. And all that crap about your memory loss? Ignore them, you know as well as I do that they're all lies anyway."

His words made tears come again, but this time it was out of happiness. Somehow he seemed to understand without me having to tell him anything.

"Hey, why are you crying again?"

I sat up straight and wiped my tears away. "I'm not. And yah, you know, we've known each other for what, three days? Not even? I'm an idiot for trusting somebody I just met for such a short amount of time. But I do anyway." I said the last part staring at the ground and smiling a little, embarrassed I was saying all this.

"Well, I knew something was different about you the minute we met. And thanks for trusting me."

Before I knew it he had turned me around to face him, and his lips were on mine. My eyes widened, and he pulled back smiling. "Well, we should probably get back. It's late and cold out; I don't want you getting sick when you're already half-incapacitated with those broken legs of yours."

He started walking away.

"Yah! Jung Daehyun, you say I'm half incapacitated and yet you leave me anyway!" I yelled, trying to catch up. Once I did, he slowed down and slung an arm around me.

I was sort of disappointed when we reached the school. "Well, see you tomorrow. 'Night!" he said and gave me a grin as we headed in the opposite directions.

That night, I thought, Maybe it's not so bad that I lost a part of my memory, if I can just make new ones.

 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! What do you think about me writing multiple-part stories? Should I write more in the future, or no? Comment please~ comments make me happy ^o^