Serenade

~Daehyun Oneshots~

                 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"...and so I told her to go audition for the talent show. And she got in! So she..." you tuned out as your best friend chattered on about how she got your other friend to join the talent show. After all, this what about the fifth time you heard the story.

The two of you found empty seats at the front row in the auditorium and sat down. Thank goodness you'd had enough sense to come early for the school talent show. You weren't participating, but you knew a lot of people who were. Your bff continued to blabber on, launching into some other story. It wasn't that you didn't care about what she was saying; she simply talked like this every day.

People eventually came pouring into the auditorium and filled up all the seats. The MCs for the show came out. "Hey everyone! Thanks for coming! You won't believe the amount of talent there is in this school! Alright, to start off...." They announced the first act, a girl you knew (but weren't close with) who would be singing.

For most of the acts, you were impressed, but none of them really blew you away. Of course, you cheered especially loudly for your close friends. One of your other friends winked at you and your friend after she finished her stage and hurried off.

The MCs came back to announce the next act. "And next...a guy with an amazing voice! You've probably seen him around, but have you ever heard him sing? You won't believe your ears. Give it up for...Jung Daehyun, singing Hello by Shinee!"

"Whoo!" you cheered, clapping. You knew who Daehyun was. He was in a few of your classes, and he seemed nice, but you never talked. Occasionally you would look up to see him looking at you (and it was awkward) but you didn't think much of it. It happened to everyone, anyway.

Daehyun appeared on stage, holding a hand mic. "Um...hi everyone. My name's Daehyun and I'll be singing 'Hello' by Shinee. Actually, I'm not sure why I'm talking, since the MCs already introduced me...but ok! Let's start!" This earned him some laughter from the audience and a few whistles. The instrumental started playing and he began to sing. His voice was warm and you loved the sound of it from just the first note.

"When I act like this I realize I'm actually young
She's right in front of me but I don't know what to do
How do did you start love?
People who have loved please tell me
Will there be a day when I hold her hand?
Will there be a day when I kiss her above her closed eyes?"

He looked right at you throughout the whole stanza and despite yourself you started to blush. Your friend nudged you with her elbow, but you did your best to ignore her. He looked away then, and gazed at the rest of the audience.

"Hello Hello I acted confidently
Hello Hello I want to talk to you for a moment
Hello Hello I might stutter a little, though
Who knows we might actually be together"

He looked back to you.

"Should I confront her
Should I wait for her?
It's harder when everyone else says something different (You can't believe it right?)
Having high standards, this isn't a usual thing for me
Please believe in me yeah
Will there be a day when I hug her freely
I believe that what we think can come true"

He never looked at you for more than a few seconds after that, but for some unknown reason you were still blushing. It didn't help that after he finished, he looked straight at you and grinned shyly, then ran off stage.

"Oooh, what was that?" your friend teased.

You blushed. "I don't know."

"I think he just serenaded you!"

"What are you talking about? He--oh wait, next performance!"

But your mind was still on Daehyun and his act. Did he look at you on purpose? But then again, it wasn't like he'd stared just at you...well, not really. He looked at the rest of the audience too. Sometimes. You sighed and wanted to bury your face in your hands, but that would have been rude to the current performers.

Eventually the show was over and all the participants came out to bow. You cheered enthusiastically. Once outside of the auditorium, you took out your phone to see if your mom had called or texted, to see if she had come to pick you up yet. "Hey," you heard a voice beside you say.

Surprised, you looked up. It was Daehyun. "Oh, h-h-hi," you stuttered.

"So, did I do okay?"

"Yeah, you were great." You weren't quite sure why he was talking to you, since the two of you never talked, but didn't want to appear rude. Or, well, embarrass yourself somehow.

"The whole reason why I participated was because some friends of mine made me. They said it'd be a great way to confess to the girl I liked."

Confused as to why he was telling you this, and slightly hopeful, you raised an eyebrow. "Really? And did you? Confess to her yet, I mean?"

"Well, not yet. But I'm going to."

"Alright. Good luck!" You waved at him and turned to leave.

Daehyun grabbed your hand and pulled you back. "Wait! I'm...really nervous. Can I practice with you first?"

You smiled, a little disappointed. "Sure, go ahead."

"Okay. Here goes." He cleared his throat and stared directly into your eyes. "I've like you since two years ago, when we had the same English class. I've had a crush on you the whole time, but I was too shy to tell you. And...I didn't really know how to. You probably never even noticed me, but that's okay. Um...so my friends told me to join the talent show and sing for you, since I couldn't just tell you outright. So, uh, will you be my girlfriend?"

You belatedly realized that he was still holding onto your hand. You were blushing, despite that fact that the confession wasn't even for you. "Wow, Daehyun. You are going to get this girl. That was great! Now go tell that to her, good luck!"

You tried to pull your hand away, but he grabbed onto it tighter. "I just did," he said shyly.

Your face heated up even more. "Oh...uh...I..."

"You never answered the question."

"What question?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"I...uh...I...yes."

He grinned at you. "What was that?"

You didn't answer; instead you swatted his arm.

He laughed. "Okay, okay. Well, I should probably go before your mom kills me with that glare of hers."

You looked out and saw your mom staring at the two of you. Uh-oh. "Okay, bye! I'll see you tomorrow!"

Aware of the audience (your mom), he gave you a one-armed hug and disappeared into the crowd.

 

A/N: Kyahhh~ I'm back ^^

Now for some picture spam

He used to wear glasses! XD :