Matchmaker

~Daehyun Oneshots~

You were in your room with your door closed, trying to study for your finals, which were coming up. It wasn't helping that your brother was trying to sing for whatever reason. Finally you exploded and stormed into his room.

"OH MY GOD, Daehyun, will you please shut up? I'm trying to study here! If I fail my finals, I'm blaming you."

He turned around to look at you with an eyebrow raised, perfectly calm. "Now, would you please calm down? You're not going to fail your finals. You're smart enough. But at this moment I am trying to impress my girlfriend with my vocal ability, so I would appreciate it if you could," he said, making a "shoo" motion with his hand.

You then noticed his laptop, which showed Daehyun's girlfriend's face on Skype. "Hey," you said with a smile and waved.

She smiled and waved back, clearly amused by what was going on.

"Now, while I like that you and mah girlfriend," he drawled, "get along, I would reaaaalllly like some alone time."

You snorted. "Alone time. Psh. Sure, talk to a computer all you want. Just try to keep it down." You gave his girlfriend one last wave and walked out of the room, closing the door behind you.

You heard Daehyun shouting after you, "You know, you should think about getting a boyfriend too! It would really make you a more pleasant person. What about that kid, what's his name again? Junhong?"

You snorted to yourself. Daehyun was a great older brother, really. You two barely ever fought. It just so happened that he was determined to play matchmaker between you and your best friend, Junhong. Or, as he liked to be called, Zelo. You still called him Junhong just to annoy him.

You just settled back on your bed when your doorbell rang. Sighing, you went to get the door. Once open, you found Junhong standing there. "Oh hey, Junhong, what's up?" you asked, letting him in.

He sighed dramatically loudly and stepped past you. "'Sup, shorty," he greeted you back.

He immediately went for your fridge and you rolled your eyes. Of course. The kid ate everything he could find, using the excuse that he was still a growing boy. You marched back to your room when you heard Junhong following you. "Yah, if you get any crumbs in my room, I swear I'm going to--"

"Going to what?" He asked, leaning extremely close. Teasing you. Obviously he knew about Daehyun's lifetime goal--to get you two together. It was an ongoing joke between you.

"Psh, get out of my air bubble. And I'm serious, I'm gonna beat the crap outta you if you dirty up my room." You were only half joking; you were somewhat of a neat freak.

He snorted and settled into your chair while you continued to attempt to cram stuff into your head. After a good half hour, you sighed and slammed the textbook shut. "I quit. I can't do this."

Junhong was about to answer when you two heard a voice and looked up. "Oho, look what I found. The two lovebirds!" Daehyun half-sang.

You groaned and Junhong rolled his eyes. "Give it up already," you told Daehyun.

"It's really not working, man," Junhong added.

Daehyun raised his eyebrows and beckoned to Junhong. "Come 'ere, kid. Let's have a talk." Daehyun turned to you. "And you, it's a man-to-man talk. No listening in. I mean it."

You rolled your eyes and your computer while Junhong followed Daehyun. A few minutes later, they both returned. Junhong sat on your bed silently while Daehyun stood, wearing a victorious smirk on his face. When nobody said anything, you whirled around to face both of them. "Will someone tell me what the heck is going on? Junhong silent? Daehyun is smug? What is wrong with the world?" you asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Nothing's wrong with the world," Daehyun answered, still grinning mischievously. "In fact, everything's right~" he sang and walked out of the room. A second later he poked his head in again. "Go for it, kid," he said, and winked.

You sighed, sure that Daehyun was just being delusional again. After a moment of silence, you asked Junhong, "So what was this manly conversation?"

"Uh...nothing," he answered without looking at you.

"Oh please. Don't 'nothing' me. Obviously it was pretty serious, or the Junhong I know would never sit quietly for more than a few seconds."

"Alright then, wanna take a walk and get ice cream?"

You sighed and said, "Sure."

As you and Junhong headed down the stairs, Daehyun called out, "Have fun~"

"Agh, shut up, Daehyun, and keep singing to your girlfriend or something!" you called back.

"I can't, she's busy and had to leave! And I'm not going to intrude on you two lovebirds!"

You muttered under your breath and headed out with Junhong. It was nice out; the sun was shining and it was warm. You turned to Junhong. "So, what's up?"

He scratched the back of his head and avoided looking at you. "I, ah, I'll tell you after we get ice cream."

"Fine," you said, getting frustrated.

After you both got ice cream from the ice cream shop, Junhong decided to take you to the park. You both sat down on an empty bench. "So can you tell me now?" you asked.

He nodded. "I, ah...how long have we known each other?"

Surprised by the turn of conversation, you said, "Since we were, what, six?"

He nodded again. "Yeah, that's a pretty long time."

You rolled your eyes at him. "Don't get all romantic on me and try to change the subject. Just answer my question, what did Daehyun want to talk to you about?"

He flinched a little at your words. "Well..I...he wanted us to get together. As in...ah, go out."

You rolled your eyes again. "Well, that's nothing new. He always is."

"But, the thing is, he's right." Junhong took a deep breath and stared into your eyes. "I like you. I don't know when I realized it, but I do. Daehyun felt it and thought that we'd be 'an adorable couple' so he wanted to make it happen." Junhong seemed to have gotten rid of all the tension and rolled his eyes.

But you were still in shock. You thought about his words. Over the years, somehow you had grown to love his personality, his eyes, his smile, and the way he was so protective of you. And you realized that yes, you liked Junhong too.

His voice broke into your thoughts. "So...you wanna go out with me?"

Shocked, you started blushing. "I...sure." In a quieter voice, you said, "I think I like you too. Zelo."

He started laughing and draped an arm over your shoulder, pulling you into a fake headlock. "Ha! I knew you'd come around one day. So, where do you want to go?"

"I don't know, it's kind of nice here."

"So let's stay here for a while."

You nodded and (rather awkwardly) put an arm around his waist. You two sat like that for a while.

When you got home, Daehyun opened the door as if he'd been standing there waiting for you to come back. He raised his eyebrows again and grinned as if you'd done something bad and he was an accomplice. "So," he 'whispered' to you. "How'd it go?"

You smacked Daehyun and glared, even though you were smiling despite yourself. "Shut up."

He laughed and walked away, leaving you alone with Zelo.

 

A/N: I know, I know, this is supposed to be about you and Daehyun. But I wanted to try something...and technically it still sort of is about you and Daehyun, right? Lol, I'm sorry.

P.S. - I think he'd be a great older brother anyway XD