Odd Day

~Daehyun Oneshots~

"5 minutes, 5 minutes, I can do this," you chanted to yourself as you ran, or tried to run, through the crowded hallways of high school to get to your locker. You had 5 minutes until class started, your locker was on the third floor, your next class was on the first floor on the oppposite side of the school, and you were drenched by the rain--you'd made the grave mistake of not bringing an umbrella with you when you were walking to school.

You got to your locker, whirled your combination into your lock, and got your books in record time. You ran into the nearest bathroom to see how bad you looked. You winced when you saw your reflection. Your hair was as wet as when you just got out of the shower; your uniform wasn't much better. You sighed. At least it was thin-ish clothing--it was spring.

"Crap!" you cried as you checked your watch. You had two minutes to get to class, and the traffic in the hallways was extreme. Cursing, you decided to use the set of stairs that was much less crowded but decidedly more shady. It was dark, with barely any lighting, and who knew what students did in there. But you weren't going to get to class late, especially when your teacher already hated you.

Rushing up the stairs, staring at your footing, trying not to trip, you ran headfirst into something. A rather noisy, cursing, something. "What the hell?" the person cried. You looked up, and your heart fell. Great. As if your day just had to prove that it could, indeed, get worse than it already did, you had to slam headfirst--dripping wet headfirst--into one of the most popular guys in school: Jung Daehyun.

Futilely wiping at his shirt in disgust, trying to get it to dry, he glared at you. "Watch it! And what, did you just shower in the bathroom or something? Aish," he left, shaking his head.

Running even faster due to embarrassment, you made it to class at the exact moment the bell rang. Your teacher shot you a death glare and started class. You suffered through all your classes, busily taking notes, when in math class you heard someone pull out a chair at the desk behind you. Well, that was odd. Usually no one sat near you at the front in math class; you were definitely not one of "them"--the popular folk.

"Well, if it isn't the wet-haired girl who likes to ram into people in dark staircases."

You whirled back to look straight at a smirking Jung Daehyun.

Feeling annoyed, embarrassed, and slightly annoyed yourself, you glared at him. "What do you want? Why don't you go sit with them  over there? You know, the way you normally do." You nodded your head at the bunch of guys (and flirting girls) at the back of the room.

"Ooh, feisty, eh? You know, if I'd run into somebody, knocking the breath out of them, and leaving a terrible and inexplicable stain on their shirt, I don't think I would talk to them like that. Instead, I think I'd aplogize."

You just humph-ed and turned to face the front again. Not that you were a rude person or anything; you just didn't want to seem more like a fool than you already did.

"Honestly, I'm trying to be friendly here! Ms. Feisty is so feisty though, so cold. Oh, my heart--it hurts!" he sighed dramatically.

Whirling around again, you glared at him some more. "Why don't you go bother someone else? Before today you've never even talked to me, never even glanced my way, why are you suddenly here? I hardly think that running into you--as you so kindly put, leaving a terrible and inexplicable stain on your shirt--would leave a good impression. Go talk to Hyemi over there--everyone knows she's head over heels for you. And everyone seems to agree that you two look good together." 

Daehyun simply looked at you with a mixture of awe and amusement. He waved a hand. "Hyemi's just a friend, no matter what anyone says. And to answer your question, or, questions, oh, I noticed you. You just never noticed me."

Despite your anger, you blushed, and turned around to study your notes to hide that. And you pretended to ignore Daehyun as he sighed theatrically and got out his books as the teacher walked in. At the end of class, Daehyun zoomed out of the room, but you noticed he dropped a note on your desk. "Meet me at your locker afterschool. I wanna talk. ;)"

You humph-ed again and crumpled the note. What a stalker! How did he know where your locker was? What the heck?

Either way, at the end of the day, you were forced to stop by your locker to switch out books and carry only the necessary ones home. You found him waiting in front of your locker. You glared at him. "You're blocking my locker, you stalker."

He raised an eyebrow, not moving an inch. "Oh? Am I? Oh, gee, I didn't know that, sorry."

You sighed, losing patience quickly; you'd already had a really crappy day. You didn't need any more drama packed in there. "I don't have time for this, move it!"

He held up his hands and moved. You opened your locker and switched out books, slamming it closed after you finished. "Someone's angry," Daehyun commented dryly as he followed you out of school.

That was the final straw; you snapped. "Look, Jung Daehyun, you freaking stalker, whatever, I've had a really long day, and I don't have time for this crap. If you wanted an apology for this morning, then I'm sorry. But I don't see a point in you following me around all day just for that. That seems kind of extreme, don't you think? Some people might get the wrong idea."

He showed no reaction, just raised an eyebrow, amused. "Oh?" He leaned in closer so that there was only a few inched between you. "What kind of wrong ideas?"

You shoved him back, tired of this. "You are so frustrating! What do you want?!"

"You," he said, perfectly calmly. "I've watched you from afar, in classes that I've had with you. I like you, and I thought today was a perfect opportunity to tell you."

A slow grin spread on your face. "Okay," you told him, and skipped away, giving him a wave back.