A Day With Dae

~Daehyun Oneshots~

"Umma, you need help with that?" you asked as your mom lugged two heavy suitcases down the stairs. Your parents were going to be flying out of town for a few days, because of some business to take care of.

"No, no, I'm okay. This old lady's still got her strength, you know," she replied, and you laughed. She rolled the suitcases to the door and brushed her hands. "That reminds me, what are you planning to do today?" she asked you.

"Daehyun and I are planning to go play basketball or something. I'm not too sure; he just said to 'hang out,' which could mean a variety of things."

"Could one interpretation be to get together and go on a date?" your mom teased.

"Umma!" you exclaimed. "We're just best friends. That's it."

"Well, you never know. One day you might get lucky. Or no, it's the other way around; any boy who dates my baby would be extremely fortunate. He might get lucky and date you," she said, and winked. Your mom checked her watch. "Well, it's about time to leave."

She shouted at your dad to hurry and come down so they could go and not be late. Before she walked out the door, she went back to you. The two of you hugged, and once she let go, she said, "Have fun today. You never know, today could be your lucky day."

"Umma," you complained warily.

"Alright, alright, I'll give it a rest. Just remember to be safe, and take care of yourself properly, okay?"

"Okay. See you in a few days, umma, appa."

Your dad gave you a one-armed hug, since he was taking care of the luggage situation, but your mom kissed your forehead. You were absolutely certain she'd left a stain from her lipstick, but you tried not to shrink away. After all, they were leaving for a few days, and wouldn't see you.

After they left, you went to your room and got dressed. Today should be casual, and comfy; after all, knowing Daehyun, it would probably be sports and then food. Or food and then sports.

You were still trying to get rid of the remainder of your mom's lipstick when the door opened. "Yah, Jung Daehyun!" you called down. It could only be him; he was the only person who'd have a key to your house besides immediate family. You parents trusted him completely since the two of you had been friends since childhood.

"What? What's taking you so long?" he shouted back and you swear you heard him rummage through the fridge, even though you were upstairs.

"I'm coming down. Why are you so impatient?" you huffed as you headed downstairs and into the kitchen. As expected, he was looking for food. "Dude, stop that. It's early morning. What do you do at your house? Eat there!" you pretended to be cross, but really you didn't mind. It was just another daily routine in your life.

"I'm hungry," he said simply, and sat down, not having been able to find anything worth eating.

"We're out of food at the moment. I should probably go buy groceries."

"When are you parents leaving?" he asked.

"Oh, you just missed them. They left, like, 10 minutes ago."

"Ahhhh," he drawled, eyeing your forehead. "I see evidence of that." You furiously scrubbed at your skin.

"Stop, come here," Daehyun commanded. You listened to him, and he took a piece of wet paper towel to get the lipstick off. You tried to act calm; you'd always been in extremely close contact with him as a kid. Why choose now to start blushing?

He threw the thing into the trash, and stretched. "Let's go."

As you followed him out the door, you asked, "Where are we going?"

"Three guesses," he replied.

"Basketball, restaurant, beach," you replied without missing a beat. "Which one is it?"

"How'd you know?" Daehyun pretended to frowning, failed, and grinned instead. "Well, you'll see."

He led you to the basketball court, where the two of you played an intense game, though you were pretty sure that he was going easy on you. But you didn't mind. An hour later you sat down on the ground, panting and utterly exhausted. Daehyun plopped down next to you, and handed you his water bottle after taking a sip himself. You tried to ignore that it was an indirect kiss, and drank the water gratefully.

"Come on, let's go," Daehyun announced suddenly after a few moments. He grabbed your hand and helped you up.

"Where now?" you asked tiredly.

"I was thinking ice cream, my treat," he answered with a huge smile. He knew you loved ice cream.

You shrieked and Daehyun winced. "I love you, Jung Daehyun, you know that?"

"Of course you do, silly," he drawled, and swung an arm around you. In a friendly way. Just friends. Of course, he didn't know that you actually really did mean what you said. Not in that way.

But you took advantage and put your arm around him, too.

Once you arrived at the ice cream place, you found a table while Daehyun ordered. As you sat down, a loud group of guys walked in and one of them stared right at you. He smirked, then turned to his friends to say something. Within moments they all looked at you, like a pack of dogs. They headed over.

"Hey, what's up?" the one who stared at you first practically shouted at you, and seated himself. His eyes raked you up and down, and you felt yourself growing red with anger.

"I don't know you," you said behind clenched teeth. "And I would really appreciate if you leave me alone. Now."

The group simply laughed, and you stood, about to move to a different table. You turned your back to them when one of them grabbed your shoulder. "Where you going?" he hissed.

"Let go of me. Now," you spat out.

"I don't think so. In fact, I think--"

"Is there a problem here?"

You'd never been so glad to hear his voice in your life. Daehyun was back, with a huge bowl of ice cream, which he handed to you. You took it quietly, thanking him with your eyes. He saw and gave you an imperceptible nod. "Look, I would really like it if you all could get away from my girlfriend. I just wanted to have a peaceful date here."

He put an arm around your shoulder protectively, and you were stunned, even though you knew he was just saying that to get the guys to leave. The group raised their eyebrows and apparently all decided you weren't worth fighting an angry boyfriend for. As they left, you breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks," you said.

Daehyun still had his arm around you, and he removed it to help you into your seat. "You don't need to thank me. We're best friends. And I hate those types of people: arrogant buttholes who think they're all that." He scoffed.

You set the bowl of ice cream onto the table and grinned at him. "Now, let's eat~" you declared, and Daehyun, being Daehyun, turned his attention to the food before him.

Daehyun decided to go to the beach, after all. "To relax," he'd said, "after what happened before."

The two of you walked along the beach, the sun setting along the horizon. You couldn't help thinking how romantic it could be--if you two were a couple, that is. Nevertheless, you enjoyed the time there, including getting a piggyback ride from Daehyun as punishment for a bet you'd made.

Finally worn out, you and Daehyun sat down on the sand, watching the waves. After a moment of silence, Daehyun reached over, grabbed your head, and pushed it onto his shoulder. You let him, but after a minuted, asked, "What was the point of that?"

He cleared his throat, and once you looked up, you saw his entire face was red. "N-nothing," he stammered. "Ju-just--"

"Jung Daehyun? Struggling to speak? What in the world?" you teased, but let it go.

After another moment of rather awkward silence, your head still resting on his shoulder, Daehyun tried again. "I--you--"

You just stayed quiet, letting him figure out what it was he wanted to say. And in the meantime, you just enjoyed how close you were to him.

"I meant what I said back at the ice cream parlor," he finally said.

You tried to remember what it was he'd said, and let it sink in. The part about being his girlfriend? And on a date? No way, you thought, and found yourself blushing. You strugged to form a coherent answer. "I--uh...I meant what I said this morning too. On our way to the ice cream parlor," you admitted.

Daehyun didn't answer, just s his arm around your waist and rested his head on top of yours.

After a few moments, you put both your arms around his waist, too, and together the two of you watched the sun set.

 

A/N: Ugh, the ending was so cheesy ahhhh

I'm so sorry lol

Also, I really have not been updating...I'm sorry, I've been volunteering at places this summer, and...yeah OTL

Actually, I was planning to write some angst, but then, I was like...I'm already been sad enough this week. I don't need more sadness in my life, because writing angst kinda puts me in a sad mood lolol

Anyway, rant over. Hope you liked this ^_^