Byul Life pt3

~Daehyun Oneshots~

It was a miracle; a week of school had gone by and I'd survived it. Nothing too explosive like another run-in with Jung Daeson, no teachers or students hated me. Daehyun was my friend, as well as Hakyeon and Joohyun. Things were pretty good.

That is, until I mysteriously received an invitation to a party "to catch up with good old friends, and meet new people too." Honestly, I wondered why I even got one; it was from Bang Yongguk--one of Daeson's friends--for one thing, and I didn't hang out with any "popular" folk. But I consulted Hakyeon and Joohyun, who both agreed that I should "not waste this chance and just go and hang out with some potential boyfriends," as Joohyun so kindly put.

So here I was, at a huge mansion, owned by a guy I'd never even talked to, in a decent black dress that I'd found lying in my closet. I stood by myself at the refreshments table and wondered again for the thousandth time what I was thinking, letting them talk me into going to this party. I didn't know anyone, and frankly I was sticking out like a sore thumb. As I sighed and shifted on the couch I'd settled onto, a guy plopped himself down next to me. "What're you doing here?"

That voice could only belong to Daehyun. "Nice to see you too," I commented dryly. "Actually, what are you doing here?"

"Daeson dragged me along," Daehyun replied, running a hand through his hair. "And I figured, might enjoy the drinks they have here. And then I ran into you. So, again, what are you doing here?"

I shrugged. "Honestly? I don't know. I got an invitation, so here I am."

Daehyun snorted, and made himself comfortable on the couch, spreading his limbs everywhere. I slapped his arm lightly. "Yah, you do realize I'm sitting on the couch too, right? What are you doing?"

"I'm tired." He closed his eyes. "I wanna rest."

It was my turn to snort. "Great. Well, hang on, let me just get something to drink. My throat is killing me."

I plucked a glass of soda from the table. "Hey, wait--" Daehyun started, but I'd already downed the thing. One thing you do not mess with me about: I can chug pretty much anything.

But something wasn't right. Crap, I realized too late. That wasn't soda I'd just chugged. It was alcohol. A storm of curses made its way out of my mouth. "Daehyun," I growled, heads massaging my head, "why didn't you tell me that wasn't soda?"

He was indignant. "I tried to! But you just...drank the whole thing before I could even form the sentence!"

I grabbed my pounding head and groaned. I wasn't about to pass out or anything yet, but I definitely didn't feel pleasant. "I'm gonna head to the bathroom."

Daehyun just looked at me, concerned.

"I'm fine. I'll be right back."

Once in the bathroom, I rinsed my face with cold water and slurped up some of it, too. I was feeling better and started to head out when a girl with an extreme walking problem made her way into the restroom. She was shaking her so much as she walked, I was surprised she didn't lose balance. I mentally scoffed and continued on my way when she grabbed my arm and stopped me. "Park ______," she sneered, breath smelling like too many drinks. "I need to talk to you."

I shook her hand off and crossed my arms, glaring at her. "Then go ahead," I retorted before I realized that probably wasn't my brightest move. Getting on the bad side of a queenka really wasn't a smart thing to be doing at the start of the school year. I sighed inside.

She flipped her hair. Could this girl get any more on my nerves? "You. Stay away from Jung Daehyun. That boy is mine. Mine," she drawled the word out. The answer was, yes, apparently it was possible to hate her more than I already did just from first impressions.

"Sure, go ahead. You can have him. I don't even like him like that." My goal at the moment was to get away from this...beach before she did anything to tick me off even further. And made me do stupid things.

She audibly scoffed at me. "Alright. I'll be seeing you around, scholarship girl," she sneered once again as she did her penguin wobbling of a walk outside. Once her back was turned, I gave her the finger.

I stomped out of the restroom to find a rather drunk looking Hakyeon. Surprised, I asked, "Hakyeon! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, ___!" he slurred. "I was invited, just like you! I was just going to head to a quiet place so I could talk to Joohyun! See you!"

I grabbed his arm. "Wait, why? Is Joohyun here?"

"Nope," he slurred, "I wish she was. But I thought, now's the right time to tell her anyways. So, I'll call her and tell her." He waved his arms about. "See ya!"

I watched as he stumbled his way through the crowd and decided I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed his arm and yanked him out into the yard. The cool air must have done him some good, because he looked surprised. "What?"

"Look, I know how you feel about Joohyun. Honestly? I support you two. But I'm not letting you go see her and confess like this."

Hakyeon pouted. Actually pouted.

"You're drunk! I'm worried about letting you out of my sight because you might pass out at any moment! How do you expect me to let you talk to Joohyun like this?"

He sighed. "Alright. I'll stay out here a bit. The air's nice." He plopped down onto the grass and immediately crashed, snoring loudly.

What am I going to do with you? I thought and groaned, rubbing my temples. Daehyun. I should get Daehyun so he can help me get Hakyeon home or somewhere.

When I turned around to walk back inside the house, Daehyun was leaning against the door, staring at me. "What?" I snapped. "Help me get Hakyeon inside, would you?"

He let out a sigh and walked down the steps to me. "He's fine the way he is," Daehyun said. I could make out a faint slur in his words and smelled alcohol on him. Goodness. I had two drunk guys to take care of now.

I opened my mouth to respond but before I could say anything, Daehyun put his hand over my mouth and pushed me against the wall. "I'm not drunk," he said softly. "It's just been a few drinks. I'm fine."

"Then what the hell are you doing? Get your hands off me and help me get Hakyeon inside!"

He removed his hand, but leaned closer. "Ahhh...Park ____-ssi, you are really dense, aren't you?" He chuckled. "Don't you understand?"

I swallowed. "Um, I'm not quite sure I'm supposed to understand here."

He sighed. "Fine." And then his lips were on mine. And they were gone just as quickly. "Does that help?"

I simply stared at him.

Daehyun sighed again. "Alright. I like you, okay? And that guy over there," he motioned toward Hakyeon, "I'm not sure what to make of him."

"Oh, him? He was trying to contact Joohyun to confess to her, while he was drunk. So I stopped him. Because he was drunk," I repeated myself, sounding like an idiot.

Daehyun laughed and ruffled my hair. "Alright then, let's get him inside."

 

Epilogue: Daehyun and you become a happy couple.

Hakyeon successfully confessed to Joohyun and they also became a couple.

 

A/N: That was so terrible....I'm so sorry T-T

And I'm sorry I just vanished for a long time. I promise once finals are over, I will become more active on AFF *sighs*

Just this week left, I can do this. Fighting!