Road to Recovery pt2

~Daehyun Oneshots~

I did not go home. Instead, I headed to homeroom and sat down at my usual place at the table in the back near the windows. There was an empty seat beside me, because honestly, no one really wanted to sit next to me. I was about to zone out when I heard the teacher call out, "All right, settle down, folks! We have a new student here! Why don't you introduce yourself?"

The student bowed and as he straightened up again I saw it was the boy from before. He spoke through his mask. "Hello, my name's Jung Daehyun! Nice to meet you all, I hope we get along well!"

I could hear the girls chattering amongst themselves as he walked down to the only empty seat in the class: the one next to me. "Aww, lucky girl," I heared the other girls whispering.

He sat down and looked at me. "Hey, aren't you the girl from before? ____, right? You feeling any better?"

I nodded and turned away from him, facing the window. He sighed. "You know, I'm trying to be friendly here."

I grew irritated. What was with him? "Well, you know, I'm not exactly the friendliest person in this school."

"Yeah, I can tell," I heard him mutter under his breath.

I decided to ignore him until the bell rang, and hurried to my next class.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It turns out that I had several classes with the guy, and he decided to sit next to me in each one of them. Of course, he kept trying to talk to me, but it didn't help that almost every girl in every class crowded around him at each chance they got. I ignored him as best as I could, but I couldn't get away from him, especially at lunch.

Finally, as he sat across from me during lunch, I snapped. "Yah, Jung Daehyun, why are you following me around everywhere?"

He seemed taken aback by my outburst. "You're intriguing."

Despite my anger, I felt myself blush slightly. "Well, in case you haven't noticed, I don't really want to talk to you. But there's a bunch of other girls willing to. Why don't you go to them?"

"I don't want to. They sort of freak me out."

I stayed silent after that and focused on eating my food. For some reason I felt wary of trusting this guy, especially when I didn't know him, but it went deeper than that. It was like...I was wary of guys altogether. And I had no idea why.

Walking hand in hand.

The beach at sunset.

The amusement park.

Ken.

"Ahhh," I groaned as I gripped my head. It started hurting again.

"Hey, what's wrong? Hey. Hey, HEY! Are you okay?!" I heard Daehyung ask frantically, but everything was strange. The world was starting to spin around me.

And then, after about a minute, I was fine. My head was still pounding, but the dizziness was gone. Shakily, I said, "I--I'm fine."

He looked at me skeptically.

"No, really, I'm okay. I'm just going to go wash my face now." I headed to the restroom to do just that. The cold water felt good, and I stared at my reflection. What was that? Were those some of the memories I had lost? Had I really dated him? Then what was with him and the other girl?

I decided to forget about it; I had better things to worry about.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

During one of the passing periods I saw Yuri talking to a group of girls. She had her back to me, so she couldn't see me. I wasn't surprised by what I was seeing, but I was saddened. I'd known for a while that, although we called each other best friends, we were slowly growing apart. She'd found other friends, people that I would never dream of even walking up and talking to, and we simply weren't as close anymore. I sighed and headed to my class.

Finally the day ended and I headed to a nearby store to buy some things, and started to go back to the school dorms. After walking for about half an hour, I noticed that there was a group of guys following me. Starting to feel suspicious, I tried to speed up, which wasn't easy considering that I was still relying on crutches to move. Suddenly, I almost ran into someone. I looked up; it was one of those guys.

"Hey there, little girl, you need some help?" He stank of alcohol, and his speech was slurred.

"No thanks, I'm fine," I said, trying to sidestep him.

"Hey, hey, not so fast. My buddies and I think you really need some help." He gave a terrible, crooked grin and backed me up into an alley.

I started to panic. How was I going to get out of here? Obviously, I couldn't run. I couldn't try to talk my way out of it either; these guys were drunk. When I was backed up against a wall and surrounded by all four guys, I felt myself give up. There was no way I could get myself out of this situation. But at least I wasn't going to go down without a fight. I gripped my crutches tighter and was about to swing when I saw a hand grab a guy and he was pulled back.

The mysterious guy punched, kicked, did whatever damage he could to the four drunk guys. Bruised and bleeding, they ran off. Panting, my mysterious savior turned around to face me. I was shocked to see it was the new guy: Jung Daehyun. Without his mask. "You okay?" he asked between breaths.

"I--I--yeah, I'm okay. Are you?" I slowly stood up.

He laughed. "You, who was this close to getting or who knows what else, are asking me if I'm okay?"

"Um, yeah."

"Well, I'm fine, thank you very much. Now, I'm thinking I should walk you home to make sure nothing else happens to you."

"Well, thanks and everything, really, but how do I know you're not planning to do something too?"

He looked offended. "I just saved your back there, dammit. You're asking me if I'm planning something?"

"I'm sorry! Is it so bad I'm paranoid after something like that? And either way, I'm here, thanks. You can go back now."

"Hmph. You don't sound very grateful. But anyway, be careful." He stalked away.

"Hey, Jung Daehyun! It's not that I'm ungrateful; I am. You have no idea how much. It's just...I'd rather not talk about it, and to forget about it I'd like to pretend it never happened." I was honestly still in shock, and had no desire to come off as an ungrateful brat.

He turned back, grinning. "I know." He stuck his tongue out, then turned back around and kept walking.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

That night, I couldn't sleep. I kept replaying the scene over and over in my head. Who knows what would have happened if Daehyun hadn't happened to be there? I shivered. I wanted so badly to trust him; I desparately needed a friend. And yet, there was still that lingering sense of wariness of guys in general.

I finally fell asleep to dreams of disturbing dreams.

 

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating >.< I've been busy