Road to Recovery pt1

~Daehyun Oneshots~

A/N: I've decided to write a plotline with multiple parts--I'm thinking 2 or 3. This will be written in first person; when there is a ____, just replace it with your name. Hope you enjoy =)

The stupid jerk. The freaking stupid jerk, I thought as tears ran down my face. I was half-blind and running to where I had parked my car just half an hour earlier. How much had changed in such a short amount of time.

The jerk, Ken, had called me and told me to meet him for dinner. Happily, I'd agreed; after all, we had been dating and in love, or so I had thought. Little had I known, the reason for the meeting was so he could break up with me. The terrible jerk. And stupid, stupid me for thinking he had loved me all this time. He'd found someone else, he said.

I jabbed the keys into the car and drove off, tears welling up and falling freely.

And then everything blurred, and I didn't even know what happened.

A crash, the suffocating airbag, and darkness.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"The patient is awake," I heard a voice say.

My eyes slowly opened and I stared up at a white ceiling. I looked around the room--at least, as much as I could anyway. Any excessive movement of my neck hurt. But based on what I saw--doctors and nurses, the bed I was laying on--I realized I was in a hospital room.

"What happened? Why am I in a hospital?"

The nurse hushed me. "Oh, honey, you've been unconscious for the past three days. You were in a terrible car accident. When police and paramedics found you, you were unconcious and suffering a major head wound. Does anything hurt? Do you remember anything that happened?"

Well, everything hurt. I tried to think back to this accident. Why was I driving a car in the first place? Since when did I ever drive anywhere by myself? Actually...what was my name? "Um...what's my name?" I asked, getting scared. How did I not know what my own name was?

The doctors and nurses traded glances. "____-ah, you really don't remember? The head wound is more serious than we thought..." They went outside to confer with each other.

I started to panic. I made a list of things that I did remember: My parents were in America. I lived here in Korea by myself, in a school dorm with my best friend Yuri. I could drive; I had a car. I was in my last year of high school. I was a shy person. I didn't talk to anyone besides Yuri, so I was doomed to a fate of being forever alone. But what was this feeling I had? It was kind of like a wariness of relationships...strange, especially since I had never been in one.

The doctors came back. "After a thorough analysis, we've determined that the accident has wiped part of your memory, ____. You will have to come back to the hospital twice a week for us to check up on you and to get therapy, but we've determined that you should be okay to go home after another day or so. Meanwhile, a girl named Yuri claiming she is your friend is here to see you. You do know her?"

"Yuri? Of course! Where is she?" I tried to look for her.

At that moment, the door was flung open and Yuri ran in. "_____! Omo, are you okay? As soon as I got the news, I came here but they said you were unconscious. Now that you're awake, they let me in to see you. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. They said I should be able to go home in about a day or two."

We spent some more time chatting, and then my exhaustion took over. I fell asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Two Days Later ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was discharged from the hospital and given the okay to attend school. I was on crutches and had casts, but I was tired of laying in one place doing absolutely nothing. School was a relief--until I saw Ken hand in hand with another girl. I'd always had a crush on him, and I wasn't the jealous type, but...where was this feeling of jealousy and anger coming from? Trying to pursue the thought, my head started pounding and spinning. I saw stars and was about to fall when someone caught me. 

"Are you okay?" a male voice asked, sounding concerned.

I stood up. "Yes, I'm fine, thank you."

I turned to face the mysterious guy who had helped me. He was good-looking, with brown hair and beautiful eyes. He was wearing a mask, but he had pulled it down to talk to me. "By the way, my name is Daehyun."

"Oh, my name is ______. Nice to meet you."

He gave a small smile and pulled his mask back up. "Be careful. If you're not feeling well," he said, eyeing my casts and crutches, "don't push it. Stay home or something until you feel better." He walked off.

I stared after him. Who was this guy?