Unpredictable

~Daehyun Oneshots~

"Please, if there is any entity out there, please let him be a decent person," you prayed silently, studying yourself in the mirror.

"Honey, it's time." Your mother walked into the room and simply looked at you, tears in her eyes. "Oh, sweetie, you're beautiful."

"Mom..."

Your dad entered, scowl on his face. "What on Earth are you doing?" he barked. "Do you know what time it is? Your husband is waiting out there!"

"Alright, I'm ready," you replied, trying not to sigh. "Let's go."

Your dad offered his arm, stiffly, and you awkwardly placed your hand on it. "Let's go," he said, looking away and suspiciously blinking a lot.

You tried to smile as you walked down the aisle. The dress was a bit tight, meant to show off your almost nonexistent curves, but that wasn't the main problem. The main problem was that you were getting married to a man you had never before seen or met: Jung Daehyun, the son and heir of the major Jung department store.

As you reached the end of the aisle, you finally saw him. He wasn't an eyesore, that was for sure. Tall, with dark hair, sparkling eyes, and a killer smile, you thought to yourself, I could live with this.

But then, people weren't always what they seemed like; good looks could easily mean a nasty temper and personality. Whatever the case, though, it was too late, and you had no choice in the matter. You doubted he did, either.

You were so busy staring at him, you didn't realize that it was your turn to speak. "I do," he mumbled quietly, almost glaring at you.

"Ah! Yes, I do," you said, feeling your face redden.

"Then I pronounce you man and wife!" The applause was thunderous and you heard people chanting, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

Daehyun stepped closer to you and lifted the veil. "Shall we?" he asked, smile so lopsided it was a smirk.

"I don't believe we have a choice," you replied, suddenly boiling with anger knowing that he was looking down on you.

He leaned down, and touched his lips to yours for a split second before pulling away again. The applause was even louder, and then it was time to move on to greeting and thanking the guests.

The wedding and the reception flew by before you knew it. To be perfectly honest, it was a blur; you couldn't remember much besides a lot of forced smiling, handshakes, toasts, and thanking people for coming. In fact, you were so tired that you almost climbed into the car with your parents to go home. "What do you think you're doing?" your father demanded, seeing you in the back seat.

"Aren't we going home?" you asked, half asleep.

"Have you forgotten who you are? You're the bride! You--"

"You're supposed to go home with your husband, honey," your mother intervened. "It's the car behind us. Here, I can walk you over there, seeing how exhausted you are."

Your mother got out of the car and opened the door for you. You also got out, leaning on her for support. "I know you're tired and I know you're scared," she said once the car door was closed. "I'm worried about you too. But let's be optimistic and hope he's a good man, shall we? And I know that you're strong; no matter what, you'll be able to survive. And if not, I'm here. And despite how he acts, your father loves you and cares for you very much. So whatever happens, don't be scared and know that you'll always have your parents here. Okay?" You arrived at the car where your husband was, probably waiting. "I love you, honey. And seeing you today, I'm so proud of you. You're all grown up now. Now go on home--your new home." Your mother hugged you, and then left.

You took a breath and entered the car, where indeed, Jung Daehyun sat waiting. The moment the door closed and the car began to move out of the parking lot, he drawled, "So the bride doesn't even want to go home with the groom, huh?"

"Can you blame me?" you glared at him. "You and I are perfect strangers. The first time we met was when we exchanged wedding vows. What makes you think I would be in a hurry to go home with you?"

Daehyun laughed. "True enough. Oh, look. We're here."

'Here' was a large two-story house with a brick exterior and front yard green with grass. It was a fairly modest house, something that you were grateful for. You would never be able to live comfortably with this guy in, say, a mansion. The likes of which he was probably used to.

"It's rather small, wouldn't you say?" he asked, a small frown on his face.

"I think it's perfect, actually. After all, it's only the two of us."

He turned to look at you as if you had just said the strangest thing. "For how long?"

You turned to get out of the car, and he followed suit. "I think you're getting ahead of yourself." But despite that, your face felt warm, so you hurried to the front door.

"Do you even have the keys?" Daehyun asked, reaching into his pocket.

"Of course I do," you snapped back. "It's in here somewhere..." You digged around in your bag.

He sighed. "Move. I'll get the door." He turned the key and opened the door.

Your first impression was that it was indeed nice and cozy. The hardwood floor would be easy enough to keep clean, and the living room and kitchen were a decent size as well. Upstairs held four bedrooms, one much bigger than the others and obviously the master bedroom. "So this is our room?" he asked, as if it wasn't obvious.

You didn't bother replying and walked into the room. You set your bag down onto the bed, and turned to face Daehyun, who was looking determinedly at anything in the room but you. Then he cleared his throat. "So...would you rather I sleep in another room?"

About a million thoughts flashed through your mind at once. "I would, yeah. But I guess it doesn't matter as long as all we do is sleep..." you trailed off, face suddenly burning. "Nevermind, I would rather you sleep in another room."

"Ah, too bad. You already said you were okay with it." He grinned at you, then walked over to check one of the two closets in the room. "Oh, look, they moved our clothes, too. I'm going to shower first." He grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom connected to the room.

You collapsed onto the bed, thankful for the moment of privacy. You didn't know what you thought of Daehyun. He seemed friendly enough, but by his attitude...he seemed like a ladies' man, for sure. Maybe it would be better to avoid him for the time being...

You didn't know when, but you must have fallen asleep, because you opened your eyes to sunlight streaming in through the window. Feeling filthy, you headed to the closet and grabbed some clothes to go shower and change into. After cleaning up, you went downstairs to find Daehyun dressed in a suit, putting on his shoes. "You're going to work?" you asked, surprised; your parents had given you a month to spend on your "honeymoon."

"Yeah." He opened the door.

"Don't you have any days off? We just got married yesterday! Your parents can't actually expect you to--" He walked out and slammed the door shut behind him.

You frowned. What was with the sudden change in attitude? You shrugged, then went to make yourself breakfast.

At about noon, you were seriously starting to feel annoyed and ready to smack Jung Daehyun. Even if he really had to go to work, couldn't he have said so? Couldn't he have been more friendly in the morning? And leaving you home by yourself like this...what kind of newlywed husband did that?

He was back around three. The moment he opened the door, you marched out and confronted him. "I'm h--" he started to say, but you cut him off.

"Do you have bipolar disease? Split personality disorder?"

"What?" he asked, closing the door behind him and taking off his shoes.

"You seemed nice enough yesterday, but you acted as if we were enemies this morning. What's wrong with you?"

"Well, what's wrong with you?" he snapped back. "Didn't you yourself say yesterday that we're perfect strangers? Why should I start acting like your husband now, after you've ignored me all day yesterday?"

You rolled your eyes, frustrated. "Yes, but you could at least try to be courte--"

"Ahah," he said suddenly, leaning down right into your face. "I knew it! No lady can resist my charm!"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" you sputtered. "What charm? Who do you think you're talking to? I'm your wife!"

"I know," he said, smiling. Then he patted your head and walked past you into the kitchen. "I was trying to see if you'd be annoyed if I was a jerk to you like I normally am to girls who try to approach me, after actually managing to be myself with you yesterday. And you were. That's good."

You followed him and reached up to feel his forehead. "Are you okay? Are you sick? Do you always speak nonsense like this?"

He reached up to take your hands in his. "You know what? I like your no-nonsense attitude."

"Yeah?" You stared at his hand holding yours. "Well, you're going to have to live with it for the rest of your life, so you'd better get used to it."

Daehyun laughed. "I'm okay with that, I think."

 

A/N: requested by cece_khjlover

I hope it was okay and wasn't too different from your expectations ahah~ I wasn't sure if you wanted fluff or angst or some combo, so I just added a bunch of push and pull orz. If you wanted something different just tell me and I can write another lol

Anyway I hope you all liked it okay because to be honest I don't know when I'll be able to update again