Don't Let Go

SHINee's Juliette

 

--

“Yah I think he’s waking up!”

“Shhhh~ hyung~ don’t be too loud”

“Would all of you just shut up?”

Key slowly opened his eyes, blinking a bit to adjust his vision to the blinding light in the ceiling of the dance room. He slowly looked at his side to find his other members bickering in whispers. Onew stopped and looked at him, smiling a bit to see him awake.

“Oh Key, you’re finally awake. How’s your feeling?” Onew asked.

“What happened?” he asked.

“You fainted when we were practicing”

“Oh”

“So, what do you feel?”

The rapper slowly sat up as he clutched on his head, feeling a slight headache.

“I’m fine…I guess?” he slowly answered,

“Thank God!  I thought something bad happened to you!” Jonghyun said, sitting beside him.

Key smiled a bit, flashbacks running inside his head.

I love you Kim Kibum… more than an umma or an oppa… more than anything else…

“I love you too Yunhee…more than a daughter or a dongsaeng…more than anything…and I was too late to tell you those words…”

 

“Key?”
 

“Hmmm?”
 

“Key??”
 

“Yeah?”
 

“YAH! KIM KEY!”
 

Key jolted from his seat as his head immediately shifted to his right to see Jonghyun with a worried expression.

“Are you sure you’re really alright?” the older asked.

Key looked at his other members before looking back at Jonghyun.

“Yeah, something just suddenly entered my mind. Don’t worry” he reassured.

“Is it Yunhee noona again?—” Taemin asked, immediately regretting asking when the other 3 sent him stern looks before looking at Key for any possible reaction.

‘So it was not a dream huh?’he bitterly thought as he sent s a faint smile before standing up and exiting the room.

“Yah, I told you to keep your mouth shut!” he heard Jonghyun hissed at Taemin.

 

Key leaned on the wall beside the door of the dance room. He let out a shaky breath as he slide down, tears falling out from his eyes, hugging his knees close to his chest while he sob silently.

‘Yunhee-ah, it’s just been three days yet it feels like three years…I’m dying without you.’

--

 

Flashes of camera were everywhere. Kyuhyun walked up the stage and sat in front of a table, holding a microphone, reporters in front of him.

‘I guess, this is the only way to end it all huh?’

“Annyeong haseyo, Super Junior’s Cho Kyuhyun imnida. I actually requested to hold up this press conference to clear up the scandal that erupted between me and SHINee’s former member Park Yunhee” he spoke into the mic.

“Are you two really in a relationship?”

“Is it true that the reason of her leaving is because of this scandal?”

Kyuhyun put his hand out to signal the reporters to stop asking first.

“No, Yunhee and I aren’t in a relationship, we’re just friends. I actually treat her as my younger sister and that’s the truth. For the second question, No, she didn’t leave to get away from this scandal. She left because she needs to arrange some things regarding personal family stuffs” he answered, no trace of lie can be found.

“Then why did two fans caught you kissing at an alley beside a club?”

 “I went alone at the club that time and had some shots. I was tipsy and wanted to go home so I tried to call my hyungs to pick me up but I dialed Yunhee’s number instead. Being a good dongsaeng she is, she picked me up and the unexpected happened”

Reporters started to whisper at each other.

“Isn’t that illegal for Yunhee to enter a club since she’s an underage?”

“The guy in the entrance didn’t let her so she texted me that she’s already waiting for me in the entrance. Go figure.”

The reporters finally bought his explanations as they jotted down on their notebooks.

“Well then, do you have any idea where she is right now?” one of the reporters asked.

“To tell you honestly, no. I don’t have any idea where she is, the last time I saw her was three days ago before she magically disappear from SHINee’s dorm and from Seoul” he answered. Super Junior’s manager then came up the stage and whispered to him that he is going to be late for his next schedule.

Kyuhyun nodded and held his mic to his mouth again.

“I guess, the press conference is over since I have my next schedule to attend to. Thank you for coming”

He stood up and bowed before going down the stage.

--

 

A month had passed, the scandal about Kyuhyun and Yunhee gradually died down completely and everything went back to normal. Well, slowly going back to normal for SHINee.

The 5 were eating dinner silently. The once lively table was a bit off ever since Yunhee left. Key was still depressed about it but he’s trying…trying to be happy at least. When he misses Yunhee, he sometimes sleeps on her old room, since he still smell her scent on her bed and her presence still lingers a bit in her room.

“Are you guys ready for our flight tomorrow in Singapore?” Onew asked, breaking the silence.

“We are~” Taemin beamed lightly, sipping on his banana milk.

Then another silence.

The doorbell on the front door rang and Onew immediately stood up, saying that he will be the one to open the door and walked clumsily, resulting for the others to look at him with a weird look. But on their minds, they knew who’s on the door that’s why Onew became like that again.

 

“Hello~~” Haneul appeared by the door, waving at the SHINee who waved back and smiled at her. Onew soon followed, carrying a large box.

“Noona~! You’re here!!” Taemin beamed, hugging her.

“Aww this cute dongsaeng” she cooed, patting his head which was kinda awkward since he’s taller than her.

“Haneul-ah, what’s that?” Key asked, pointing to the silver wrapped large box which Onew put down.

“Oh this?” Haneul looked at the box and back to Key.

“Someone sent this to me yesterday but I don’t know from whom it came from” she shrugged before picking down the letter on top of it.

“There was a letter for me though…” she trailed off as she unfolded the paper and starting reading.

“Dear Agasshi, I’m sorry if I send this to you instead to the one I really intended to. Can you do me a big favor? Can you please give this to Kim Kibum-ssi of SHINee and tell him to open this box on his birthday? It was actually given to me and was given the same instructions except that I should send it to you. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

Everyone looked at each other before shrugging.

“Who do you think send this?” Jonghyun stood up from his seat, carrying the box before shaking it slightly.

“It doesn’t look like it’s a bomb though” he added, putting it down.

“Yah! Don’t shake it, the thing might break inside or something” Key nagged as he stood up and hugged the box protectively.

“Well, it might be a gift for his birthday” Minho said before his eyes widened the second after. As if the other members got what’s on Minho’s mind, Onew rushed beside Haneul.

“Does the letter have any address or something?” he asked eagerly, glancing at Key who was looking at them with a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

“Yeah…” Haneul turned the paper to the back “It’s just from….Incheon, why?” she asked, looking up at Onew.

“N-nothing..” he replied, seeing Key’s expression saddened after. The rapper stood up before carrying his large gift to their shared room.

“I’ll be sleeping now. Taeminnie, please help Jonghyun hyung wash the dishes” he lifelessly said before entering the room.

--

 

The SHINee World Concert in Singapore went well, the fans were very delighted to see SHINee perform in front of them and of course, SHINee was happy also. The fans even sang Key an early birthday song as his other members goof around with him. He smiled and laughed along with them whole-heartedly,  something he now finally did after Yunhee left.

 

It was the day before Key’s birthday, and they had some schedules until it was 8pm where they all head to Seoul Apgujeong SM Building where he had a surprise birthday party together with the fans. Of course, SHINee had fun and the other members gave him gifts. The surprise party ended at 11 pm since they still have a flight to Europe the next day and they needed to rest.

 

When they reached the dorm, Key immediately went to his, Onew, and Taemin’s shared room and took out the big box from the corner and carefully opened it.

“Key? What are you doing?” Onew appeared by the door, looking curiously at his dongsaeng.

“The sender said that I should open this gift on my birthday. And since that it’s 5 minutes before my birthday, I think I already have the permission of time to open my gift” he slyly said before tearing the wrapper and opening the box, only to freeze on his spot.

“Hey, what’s the matter Key?” Onew asked worriedly, walking over beside Key to take a look on the box. He abruptly stopped after seeing what’s inside. It was a big stuff toy, a doll to be exact. Key carefully lift the doll, seeing what it looks like:


(except that the doll's hair color is black)


“Isn’t that how Yunhee looked liked the last time she sang ‘My First Kiss’ with you?” the older male asked, looking at the doll.

Key silently nod, a sad smile forming on his lips.

…because he knew who sent the doll he is holding right now.

“…It’s from Yunhee, hyung” he said hugging the doll, Yunhee’s scent filling his nose.

Yeah, definitely her.

“From Yunhee?” Onew looked at him, surprised. Key nodded.

“But…how’d you know that it’s from her?”

 

“…I just know…” he smiled a little.

 

Key looked down and saw an envelope inside the box. He bent down to get the envelope and opened it to find a keychain and a letter.

“I think I’m gonna leave you for a while” Onew patted his dongsaeng’s shoulder before leaving the room.

Key placed down the doll on his bed so gently like it would break if he didn’t before unfolding the letter.

‘Dear Kibum oppa,

            Saengil Chukahae! ^^

                        I hope you’re doing well for this past month. To tell you honestly, I really miss you guys…especially you. Sometimes, I wonder if you guys are really fine without me…I hope so.

            Anyway, do like my gift for you? I made this just incase you miss your ‘daughter’, you can hug this doll –which is me— so you won’t miss me that much anymore. You can share this with the other members if you want. Though, I don’t think you’ll do that…’

Hell yeah! You really do know me well. Like hell would I share YOU with them. He selfishly thought to himself.

‘I guess, this will be my very last letter to you since I will be going somewhere far away. I hope that someday, we’ll get to see each other again. Please be strong oppa, I know you can do everything since you are not called ‘The Almighty Key’ for nothing right?

            So yeah, I guess…I’ll see you after 5 years? Heh. I don’t know. Thank you for everything oppa.

Saranghae <3

Truly Yours,
Park Yunhee’

 

Key folded the letter as he sat on the cold floor; tears started rolling down from his eyes. But this time, they were tears of unexplainable feelings for he finally knows what his final decision was.

 

And that was to continue loving Yunhee…

 

…because no matter how long it takes, he will hold onto his love for Yunhee even though that someday, she might not love him back.

Stupid as it seems but he wouldn’t care less…

Because he loves her so much to let her go.

--

 

“Soo Man-ssi, Yunhee sent another letter for you” Soo Man’s secretary said as she placed a neat cream colored envelope on his desk. Lee Soo Man turned around and thanked her before opening the envelope and reading her letter.

‘Dear uncle,

            I’m just making this a short one since I have things to run off too. I’m sorry ><”

I guess, this will be the last letter I’m sending you since I’ll be going somewhere. You know, to face my own, real future? The future that was already written on my prophecy ever since my parents died or even before I was born.

So yes, I’ll be very busy once I finally sign the papers. Finally going to be a serious lady I guess? ^^

Thank you for everything uncle Soo Man. Saranghae!

Love,
Yunhee’

Soo Man let out a chuckle before folding the letter and putting it on his drawer.

‘This kid never failed to amuse me….just like her mom’he thought as he turn around to his big window which had the great view of Seoul.

“Yunhee, fighting..” he whispered, looking up at the plane in the sky.

 

--

2 years later…

October 2013. Madison Garden Square; New York City, United States.

 

‘Oh! I’m curious yeah~ sajin sok nega
sungan georeonawa~ wae!

Oh I'm so curious yeah, I'm so curious yeah’

 

SHINee’s fame is rising. They have all grown up and became more mature than before. They have also improved their skills as a dancer and a singer.
 

‘Tonight SHINee's in the house wo ho’
So give it up give it up give it up for SHINee
Give it up give it up give it up for SHINee~!!’

 

…but even though they had some changes, they never forgot Yunhee.


“Okay! That was great!” the stage director praised as they all went down the stage.

“Kamsahamnida” they all bowed and smiled before being informed that they are given an hour and a half break so they can go out and enjoy or have some fun in New York before tomorrow; The SHINee World Concert in New York.

 

“Hyung~ I wanna go there!” Taemin beamed as he pointed out in a certain mall.

“Alright, let’s just be careful so that the fans won’t notice us that much arasseo?” Onew reminded, adjusting his beanie a bit before they all walk their way to the mall.

 

Key felt his phone vibrate inside his pocket. Pulling it out, he abruptly stopped as an unknown number flashed on the screen.

‘Who might this be?’he thought to himself, before pressing the green button.

“Yeoboseyo?”

No answer…

“Uhm…hello?” he said in English this time.

 

Oi…Kim Kibum…” a very familiar voice of a certain someone from the land of the rising sun was heard from the other line.

“Y-Yuya hyung?”

--


“Did you guys see Key?” Jonghyun asked, looking at the 3 who shrugged.

“Maybe he went shopping alone” Minho said, nonchalantly.

“Don’t worry hyung, I’m sure he knows how to go back to the hotel” Taemin reassured as the started walking around the mall once again.

--


“How’d you get my number?” Key asked, surprised.

Well duh, you gave it to me a long time ago” Yuya said in a matter of fact tone.

“Oh”

Silence.

YAH! Don’t you know how much pain you’ve caused my bestfriend?!” Yuya suddenly rant on the phone.

“Whaa--?”

You idiot, I’ve given you my trust on taking care of Yunhee but what did you do? You just let her suffer during her scandal two years ago!”

“B-But that was two years hyung! Why would you still bring up th—“

“Who cares?! I know you do love her, you should’ve done something…”he paused

“…she still loves you Key” it came almost in a mumble.

Key felt himself smile, his heart feeling light after hearing those words.

 

“SO YOU’VE GOT TO FIND HER!!!” Yuya shrieked on the phone desperately, making Key pull his ear away from his phone.

“But how am I suppose to find her?! I should be asking you where can I find her since you’re her bestfriend and you may have the idea where to!” he said, groaning.

“Well she didn’t tell me! And even thou—“

 

“Mommy! Look at the big TV! There will be a ballerina show on Saturday, can we come?” Key heard a little girl spoke beside him who was pointing at the big billboard screen TV in one of the buildings.

 

Curious, he looked up to see the preview of the upcoming performance and as if on cue, Yunhee appeared on the screen, dancing ballet. His eyes widened as his heart started thumping wildly on his chest; a gush of happiness filling his whole body, forgetting the person whom he was talking to the phone to.

 

YAH! Key, are you still ther—“

 

“Hyung..”

 

Oh?” Yuya answered in a slightly irritated voice.

 

 

 

 

 

“…I think I found her…”



 

Because I love you all that's why I fast forwarded the time span. XD

Annyeong~ this will be the second to the last chapter of SHINee's Juliette huh? *cries a river*
But anyway, I'm starting to make the side story right now....in my mind... so that I'm gonna post it here once this is done.\

THANKS FOR MY NEW SUBSCRIBERS~ *throws hearts*

Oh, and the next chapter will be long since it'll be THE END? Yeah. :3

And and, my next update will be on May 3...and it's not a failed promise just like the last other times because May 3...

 

is SHINee's Juliette's One Year Anniversary. So yeah, all of the updates' date were planned with my unnie.. >:3

I guess, see you in the last chapter? ;~;

Annyeong T.T

PLEASE COMMENT DOWN BELOW ~ :3