He is sorry

SHINee's Juliette

 

Onew heard a soft yawn behind him. He looked at his back to see Yunhee fully awake and now rubbing her eye. She also looked at him and gave him a small smile,

“Good Morning oppa, I see that you’re the one who put me in here” she said in a rasped voice.

“Uh, yeah, I feel like transferring you there because …uh you’re sleeping in an uncomfortable position” he replied, biting his lip.

“Oh, is that so….well thanks” she smiled before going off her bed.

“Yunhee” he called,

“Ne—oof!” Yunhee was cut off when she was brought back to her bed once more with Onew on top of her, his hands on her sides, and their faces a few inches away.

“O-Onew oppa—“

“I want to try something” he said in a shaky voice before his face went near to hers,

But before Onew’s lips could reach Yunhee’s, the latter turned her face to the side and closed her eyes as her hands found their way to his chest, stopping his from doing so.

“P-please…d-don’t” she squeaked in a small voice.

Onew just then realized what he was going to do and pulled away from her, his eyes wide in shock.

“I..Yunhee I’m so—“

His words were cut off when Yunhee scrambled off her bed and ran out off the room.

Onew you idiot, what’s with you?!

 

---

 

“K-Key oppa I’m going out!!!” Yunhee stammered as she walked towards the front door, hurriedly wore her shoes and went out without waiting for Key to say anything.

 

Okay, Key was still mad at her but something on her voice and her action made him forget about the pancakes and went after her but it’s too late since she already got out of the dorm.

“What’s with her?” he asked himself before turning around to see Onew coming out from the hallway.

“Yah hyung, what’s wrong with Yunhee?” the younger of the two askd.

“I…we…I-I uh—“

“Omo! The pancakes!” Key shrieked, leaving Onew. The latter sighed, thankful that those burnt pancakes helped him to get away from what happened a while ago.

 

---

 

Yunhee sat by the bench at the playground not too far away from the dorm, hugging her knees closer to her chest, her chin resting on them. She sighed for like the 5th time that day, a little cloud of smoke rolling off her lips.

Flashbacks of what happened just a while ago flooded her mind, making her eyes shut tight and shake her head furiously.

She’s scared.

Of course, it would be her first kiss and she wants to give it to someone whom she truly loves, not some kind of a friend who is only andpurely infatuated with her. She wants her first kiss to be memorable, to be sweet and passionate, not the kind to make her scared…

And the cold weather was not helping too.

 

“Yunhee-ah?”

A deep voice called out. She looked up to her right to see Minho, slightly panting in his jogging outfit.

 

“Minho oppa…?”

 

“What are you doing here early in the morning? Have you eaten breakfast?” He asked, sitting down beside her.

“I was here to stay away from the dorm and no, I haven’t eaten breakfast yet” she mumbled.

“Stay away from the dorm? But why? Did something happen between you and Key hyung again?”

Yunhee shook her head.

“I want to stay away from Onew oppa for a while”

“Huh? Why do you want to stay away from Onew hyung?” Minho furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at her with curiosity.

“…he tried to kiss me oppa…”

“...mwo?”

“Say Minho oppa, do you know about Onew oppa liking me?” she asked, averting her eyes to him.

Minho paled. Of course he knew. He and Taemin was actually the one who pushed Onew to confess…

 

-*-

 

“Yah Taemin-ah” Minho whispered, making the maknae look up from the book he’s reading and raise an eyebrow.

“Neh?”

Minho’s finger pointed out at Onew who was staring into the thin space of air, not blinking.

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows and gave him a look of confusion,

“What’s with that?” the younger asked, looking at Onew.

“He’s daydreaming about Yunhee” Minho whispered, snickering.

“And?”

“Ow geez Taemin. Aren’t we going to help him or something?”

“Well, banana milk as payment?” Taemin grinned.

“Huh?”

“Well, I do not do something that concerns about love with no payment”

Minho gawked at him in disbelief. Who would have thought that Taemin could be sneaky and bad sometimes?

“okay fine…” Minho sighed.

“And also, let’s make a deal. Since you’re the one who initiated this, IF Yunhee noona accepts Onew hyung’s confession, I’ll do anything you want and IF noona rejects him you’ll going to introduce Minji-ssi to me. ” Taemin grinned slyly.

“Huh? First banana milk as payment and now if you win the deal I’ll have to introduce Minji MY COUSIN to you? Are you kidding me?”

Taemin looked at him with a bored expression on.

“Well?”

“Okay..Okay…fine...deal…I just want to help Onew hyung with Yunhee that’s all” Minho sighed; he didn’t know that his kindness to help his hyung would turn into such a game.

Taemin put his book down and reached out his hand to Minho. A sly smile playing on his lips.

“Deal~?”

“…deal”  Minho took out his hand and shook it with Taemin’s.

 

-*-

 

“Oppa?” Yunhee called out, snapping Minho from his thoughts.

“N-neh?”

“Are you okay? You looked pale” she said, reaching out a hand to his forehead.

“Oh..I..I’m just hungry..yeah..just hungry that’s all” he reassured her.

“Oh, is that so? W-well…let’s go back…shall we?” she asked, but Minho shook his head and smiled at her.

“It’s okay….anyway, how come you ended up here? It’s not like you’ve seen this playground before” he asked, looking at their surroundings.

“Well, I always go to playgrounds when I’m troubled. I go here to relax and set my mind free for a while. And I just happened to stumble here in this playground.”

Minho slightly nodded listening to her.

“I see. But what’s you’re trouble then? Aren’t you happy that Onew hyung likes you?”

“I..I’m scared” she whispered.

“What?”

“I’m scared Minho oppa. I got scared of Onew oppa, he seemed to force himself onto me a while ago. I’m scared of that” she said.

Minho felt guilty. He didn’t know that it’ll turn out to be like this.

He didn’t know that Yunhee wouldn’t love Onew back.

He didn’t know that she would be scared of him.

 

He didn’t know…

..and he felt sorry for her.

 

“I..I’m sorry” he mumbled but she heard it.

“I’m sorry? For what oppa?” she looked at him with curiosity.

Minho just looked at her and smiled before ruffling her hair.

“Nothing..I'm just sorry..”