D-1

Lost in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

SEOHYUN'S POV:

 

I opened my wardrobe and sighed. I'm really nervous now. The event is tomorrow, now the sky is already dark and I haven't found anything to wear for tomorrow.

 

I closed my wardrobe immediately when I heard my mom called me. "Yes, mom. I'm coming."

 

I went outside my room and found my mom and dad in the dining room. They sat on the chair with their arms crossed on the dining table. Why do they looked so happy?

 

My mom smiled and beckoned me to sat beside her. I sat with puzzled face.

 

"Joohyun-ah, mom and dad already decided, you will study abroad next year. We've prepared everything for that. You will live at your uncle's apartment."

 

My jaw dropped. W-What?? Study abroad??

 

"A-Abroad? But where...?"

"USA, of course. Where else your uncle live? Hahaha." My dad laughed.

"But I'm still on my first year here... "

"That's the advantage. If you spend your high school in there, it's easier to enter a good university there. And don't worry about anything, we've found you a good school and you are save with your uncle. He already lived there for 10 years and has many friends which will help you a lot later." My dad smiled. "I believe you can do it, Joohyun-ah."

"But I..."

"With your academic achievements you've achieved, I'm sure they will accept you with opened arms. You are our pride, my daughter."

 

My dad ruffled my hair and laughed proudly. That's a checkmate. I can't say anything anymore everytime they said I'm their pride. I don't want to disappoint and break their heart since I'm their only child.

 

So I just nodded and they told me to go study now.

 

I went back to my room, sat on my bed and sighed. I'm not good in sport and art, so all I can do is study and study and got A for everything. To be honest, I'm tired with all these books. I'm burdened with all their expectations. I want to play too like all my friends do, but my mom will look at me with disappointed face. Even until now I haven't told her I want to go to Firework Party tomorrow. She will say I'm wasting my time on unnecessary things and won't let me home after 6 pm.

But... I really want to go. Yoona Unnie will be disappointed if I don't come. She's my precious friend and I don't want to lose her whatever happened.

I hung my head low. I feel guilty after rejected her. Nobody ever confessed to me like that and I never fell in love before, so I don't know what to do. All I know is I like her as my senior and my friend. I want us to stay like this.

 

Suddenly I heard a knock at my door and I got up to opened it. My mom smiled and peeked into my room behind me.

 

"Are you studying now? I bring you some snacks."

"Thank you, mom."

 

We came in to my room and she put the food tray on my table. I clenched my fist and inhaled deeply.

 

"M-Mom."

"Yes, honey?"

"Tomorrow, my school holds an event, F-Firework Party. It's school's birthday party. Can I come?"

"What time is it?"

"4 pm. B-But maybe it will ended at night."

 

My mom sighed. I bit my lips in hesitate but then continued.

 

"There'll be no school for the next 2 days. And this will be my last chance to celebrate school's birthday. Next year I will study abroad, right? So, uhm... Can I?"

 

My mom thought for awhile before finally nodded. I smiled from ear to ear and hugged her in happiness.

 

"Thank you mom!"

" I do think you need a refreshing. But you should be home before 10 pm, okay? And take care. Don't hang out with bad people."

"Okay mom! I will!"

 

 

And here I am again after my mom left, opened my wardrobe and put out all my clothes with wide smile still plastered on my face.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter