Wake up, Taeyeon

Lost in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV:

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tippany."

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany opened her eyes. Slowly, she lifted her head from her crossed arms in front of her face where she previously rested her head on, then she rubbed her eyes. Tiffany looked around the room. It's almost dark, only a lamp on the nightstand they have. Taeyeon still sleeping peacefully on the bed in front of her. It's so quiet, only beep sound heard from the monitor that showed the petite girl's heartbeat rate. Tiffany looked at the clock on the wall and saw it's already 10pm.

 

 

"I thought I heard your voice..."

 

 

Tiffany Taeyeon's hand and looked at her face.

 

 

 

 

It's been a week. Taeyeon didn't show any progress. Her friends visit her one by one everyday (for the first time Tiffany saw Happy Three Friends looks pale), even some teachers came too. Sooyoung and the others came everyday as well but they went home before dinner, so only Tiffany left in the night. Taeyeon's parents are there too and they always told the eye-smile girl to get some rest but she's too stubborn to obey.

 

Tiffany went to a table across the bed to drink some water, then suddenly the room's door is opened. Taeyeon's parents appeared on the door.

 

"Oh, you've woke up, Fany." The mom said. "We went to minimarket to buy some snacks."

"It's already late. You have to go home, Fany. Your mom is on her way to fetch you." The dad informed.

"Can I stay here?" Tiffany asked hopefully.

"You have to go to school tomorrow, and I guess you haven't did your homework yet? You should've not abandoned school." The mom smiled. "Don't worry, she'll be fine."

"Okay..."

 

 

 

Some minutes later, Tiffany's mom came and fetched her daughter. Taeyeon's parents sat beside the bed and sighed.

 

"Tiffany, that kid, she really loves Taeyeon." The mom said. "But with her condition now... We should be more careful."

"Her mom was really scared. Aigoo, it's so heartbreaking."

"Of course, don't you remember what happened to Michael?"

"How can I forget it."

 

 

Taeyeon's mom sat beside the bed and sighed heavily. She her daughter's head softly.

 

"Taeyeon, please wake up."

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany and her mom just arrived at their house. The mom aprroached her daughter on the couch, brought a medicine and a glass of water. She gave it to the eye-smile girl smilingly.

 

"Here, your medicine."

Tiffany heaved. "Again? I'm not even sick, mom."

"You didn't take care of your health recently. How can you take care of Taeyeon if you fall sick?"

"But I'm totally okay now. You know I don't take medicine if it's not needed."

"I know you didn't sleep and eat well, so just in case."

"Mom..." Tiffany pouted.

"Please."

 

 

 

Here it is. Tiffany can't refuse whenever her mom said that word. Somehow the eye-smile girl felt sad and happy at the same time. She's happy because her mom cares about her, but she's sad because she makes her mom worried as well. Tiffany took the medicine with bitter expression then emptied the glass immediately. Her mom is smiling at her and her head lovingly.

 

"Get some sleep."

"Mmm."

 

 

 

She still didn't get it. Tiffany didn't know why should she takes those medicines everyday and makes everyone near her worried about her. Not everyone, actually. It's her mom, Taeyeon's parents, Sooyoung, Jessica, Hyoyeon, and Yuri. ...Well, that's everyone. She often caught them staring at her worriedly and treated her like a fragile glass that could be broken anytime. She knew they're hiding something.

 

 

 

Some days later, Tiffany went to the hospital right after the school ended. She brought many comic books Taeyeon left on her house the other days so she won't feel lonely in the room. Taeyeon's parents are taking a rest on their daughter's apartment every noon because they always stay at the hospital all night long. Tiffany greeted the nurses on the corridor and entered Taeyeon's room once she got there. She put the books on a table and sat beside the bed as usual, staring at the sleeping girl in silence. Taeyeon's wounds are almost gone. Her skin is as smooth and as soft as heaven again. The wound on her head is not as bad as before, but they still covered it with bandage. Tiffany smiled at her and kissed her forehead once before sat straightly again on her seat.

 

 

This is so difficult for her. Tiffany is really depressed, actually. She's not okay at all. She had nightmares almost every night, she cries a lot in her room secretly and read Taeyeon's love letter again and again because she missed the petite girl so much but can do nothing. She wanted to hear Taeyeon's voice again, wanted to get teased by Taeyeon again, wanted to feel Taeyeon's gentle squeeze on her hand again, wanted to feel the warmth from Taeyeon's embrace again, wanted to see Taeyeon's smile and her cute dimple again. She missed everything about Taeyeon. She would give whatever it takes to make Taeyeon wake up.

 

 

 

"TaeTae. Our friends ask about you everyday. They really miss you. I... Miss you too." Tiffany sighed. "Today's test is a hell. I can't answer 2 questions but fortunately Yuri helped me. She can be smart all of a sudden at unexpected times. Speaking of Yul, I think Jessie and her are dating. Hahaha, can you imagine that? They didn't admit it, but Yuri treats her like a lover and Jessie didn't reject her. Are they real? What do you think?"

 

 

Tiffany smiled sadly seeing no response from Taeyeon. Of course there'll be no response, but she still hoped for a miracle.

 

 

 

"Can you listen to me?"

 

 

 

Tiffany bent down and rested her forehead on Taeyeon's arm. She closed her eyes tightly to prevent the tears. She stayed silent for minutes. And suddenly...

 

 

 

 

"Tippany."

 

 

 

 

Tiffany got up immediately and looked at Taeyeon, her heart skipped a beat.

 

 

"Tae?"

 

 

 

Taeyeon still sleeping and makes no move at all. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows and slowly sat back confusedly. But then she felt someone is moving behind her. She turned around and gasped when she saw Taeyeon from the small window on the room's door. Taeyeon is walking outside the room with a smile on her face. Tiffany ran to the door and opened it with all her strength.

 

 

"Waaa!!!"

 

 

Jessica jumped back when Tiffany almost bump into her in front of the door. The older girl looked at Tiffany with shocked face and palmed her chest.

 

"What's wrong??"

"Ng..." Tiffany panicly looked around the corridor to find someone. "I-I saw..."

"Saw who?" Jessica looked around as well, curious.

"Taeyeon."

"Ah?" The ice princess stared blankly at Tiffany for some seconds before took a peek inside the room and saw Taeyeon on the bed. She chuckled. "Taeyeon's there, Tiff."

"B-But I saw her walking on this corridor."

"When?"

"2 seconds before I open the door."

"I was walking on the corridor 2 seconds ago and no Taeyeon here." Jessica said. "Ng, are you okay, Tiff?"

"Of course."

"You must be mistaken someone else as her." Jessica brought Tiffany into the room and makes her sat beside the bed again. "Here, Taeyeon is not going anywhere. See?"

 

 

Tiffany knew that it's impossible, but she's so sure that it was Taeyeon.

 

"I heard her voice twice this week."

Jessica raised her eyebrows. "In dream?"

"I was wide awake. It's not a dream! I heard her voice and I saw her on the corridor and... Oh, you must be think I'm crazy right now??"

"Tiff. Aigoo, why do you raise your voice?" Jessica sighed. "Maybe it's not a dream, but then what? Taeyeon is here and she hasn't wake up yet."

 

 

Tiffany muted. She knew Jessica is right, but she can't accept that. Jessica approached her and hugged her tightly, rested her head on her chest.

 

"Listen to my heartbeat. It's beating for you. Ah that's a song lyric. I mean listen to heartbeat. You're the one who teach me this, right? Whenever you feel like nothing's going right, just listen to it."

Tiffany felt warm all of a sudden at the moment her ear catch the heartbeat sound. She closed her eyes slowly.

"I know you're scared. I know you're sad and you miss her so much, you are desperate and upset and you hold it in all the time making you almost explode. We all feel the same. And we should support each other. But what can we do? Just trust Taeyeon. She will wake up reaaaalllyy soon, and she'll be okay. Trust her." Jessica said, calming her. "Maybe you were halucinating, or maybe not. And you start to believe it. But that's not good, Tiff. I'm afraid you'll do stupid things and hurt yourself. What will Taeyeon say if she knows? She's struggling to live and I'm sure she wants you to wait for her and trust her."

Tiffany bit her lips. Then slowly nodded. "You're right..." The eye-smile girl pulled away from hug and smiled. "I should trust her. She'll wake up soon. Thank you Jessie."

 

 

Jessica smiled back to the teary girl in front of her. Just then the door is opened and Tiffany's mom appeared.

 

"Mom? Aren't you at work?" Tiffany surprised to see her mom there.

"I requested a day-off today." The mom smiled. "Fany, can we talk? Just for a moment."

"Sure."

 

 

 

The eye-smile girl left the room, and Jessica is alone there. She sighed while staring at Taeyeon's sleeping face.

 

"Wake up, byuntae! Aisshh, you make your girlfriend cried like that. How cruel." Jessica touched Taeyeon's arm, then moved up to her shoulder and then her cheek.

"Aigoo, you still look cute even with those bandages on your head." Jessica chuckled. "I want to see your dimple again. Makes me want to bite your chin. Ugh, I sound like Yuri. Ah, that Yuri. She asked me to be her girlfriend the other day, and I... Didn't reject her, but didn't accept as well. I just told her that I'll try to open my heart for her. That's different from being a real couple, right?"

Jessica the soft cheek with her thumb.

"I'm..." Jessica smiled bitterly. "I'm scared too, to be honest. I cried my eyes out that day and... I'm so afraid that you might not make it. I'm so worried. I... Er... I miss you, Taengoo."

 

 

Jessica sighed again and staring at the older girl's face for some minutes.

 

 

"Why do I fall for you? I don't want to fight with Tiffany, but... Please tell me how to forget you? I really envy Tiff. She has you, and you love her. I had to throw away my feeling and my jealousy everytime I think about how much I want to be in Tiff's position. This is different from Yoona. This time I already know and accept the fact that you're taken, but I still fall for you. How am I supposed to do to stop this? Tell me, Taeng."

 

 

Jessica bent down to stare at the older girl's face closer. She looked at every detail on Taeyeon's face. It's still perfect, even though there're still some wounds. Jessica looked at her eyes, her eye-lashes, her small nose, her lips, and then the younger's eyes fell to Taeyeon's cheek. Jessica slowly moved her face closer to Taeyeon's face, and stopped. She hesitated at first, but something pushed her to do it. She knew it's wrong and she may not do this, but still...

 

Her heart beats a little faster, she never saw Taeyeon's face this close, and somehow it makes her nervous. Jessica moved closer again, and touched Taeyeon's cheek with her lips. The cheek is so soft it almost melts the younger girl's lips. Jessica pulled away a little, then moved to Taeyeon's forehead.

 

 

She wanted to stop, she really wanted to. But her greediness of Taeyeon pushed her even further.

 

 

She slowly moved down from the forehead, to the nose, and then to the lips. She closed her eyes and pressed her lips against the soft lips gently. She kissed Taeyeon with all her heart, she poured her every feeling and everything that she wants but she can never get from Taeyeon into that one kiss. Even though Taeyeon didn't kiss her back, but it's enough for her. She broke the kiss, rested her forehead on the other forehead and, still with closed eyes, gritted her teeth, trying hard to stop her tears. Her unstable breath met with Taeyeon's calm breath.

 

 

 

"I love you, Taeyeon."

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica pulled away and straighten her back, and five seconds later the door opened and Yuri came in.

"Hey, Sica."

"Hey."

 

Yuri approached her and stood quietly beside her. She didn't smile at all or teased Jessica like before. It attracted the older girl's attention.

 

"Why so serious?" Jessica asked.

"Ah? I-I'm not." Yuri laughed awkwardly. "Ahahaha..."

"Did you eat expired food?"

"No. Nggg speaking of food, Sica, let's eat something. I just remembered I haven't ate anything today. C'mon."

Yuri pulled the older's wrist but Jessica stopped her. "But Tiffany hasn't come back yet."

"She will do in a minute. Let's gooo."

 

 

 

They left the room and walked together on the corridor towards the elevator. Far behind them is Tiffany, leaning her back on the wall with blank eyes, staring at the floor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TIFFANY'S POV:

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you want to talk about, mom? Is it about Taeyeon's condition?"

 

 

I trailed behind my mom. She didn't answer, didn't even look back to me.

 

"Mom?"

She stopped in front of a room and smiled to me. "Come on."

 

We entered the room and the doctor inside got up from his chair as he saw us coming in.

 

"Have a seat, please."

 

 

We took two chairs in front of the desk. The doctor and my mom gazed at each other meaningfully. I looked at them puzzledly. If they both smiling right now, I would think they have a secret affair.

 

"Doctor?" I called him to break their eye contact. It's annoying, somehow.

"Ah, yes. I need to talk to you, Tiffany-ssi."

"Is it about Taeyeon?"

 

 

Of course not. He is not Taeyeon's doctor.

 

 

"No. It's not about her. It's about... You." My mom said.

"What's wrong with me?"

They gazed at each other again. Then the doctor looked at me. "Do you remember when you lost consciousness a week ago? When Miss Taeyeon got into accident?"

"Yes."

"We did some medical examination and blood test, and we diagnosed something."

"What is it?"

"There's a problem with your heart." The doctor said. "It's congestive heart failure."

 

 

 

 

 

Conges... What?

 

 

 

 

 

 

I looked at the doctor blankly for some seconds before asked. "W-What is it mean?"

"It's a condition in which the heart's function as a pump is inadequate to deliver oxygen-rich blood to the body. You have con heart disease and your heart muscle is weak. Just like your father." He explained. "You didn't realize it all this time so it's a little bit late, but it's still safe."

I furrowed my eyebrows. I noticed my mom is moving uneasily beside me. "C-Con disease? Like my dad? B-But..."

 

 

Well, this is impossible. I don't have any disease.

 

 

"I feel good. I don't feel anything bad and..."

"Tiffany-ssi. Please listen to me carefully. This disease could be dangerous if we don't treat it immediately. We'll continue giving you the medicines. We should've told you this earlier but we know last week is not the right time."

"...How dangerous?"

"If the disease is getting worse, fluid will accumulate in certain body parts and could inhibit the blood flow to the brain, and your heart might get weaker, and if there's a heart attack..."

"I don't think I need it. I'm not sick." I said firmly.

"Fany..." My mom called with shaken voice.

 

 

Why? Why is her voice shaking? I'm alright. Nothing to worry about.

 

 

"You won't feel it for now, but if we don't treat this earlier..."

"I'm not sick."

"Fany..."

"Tiffany-ssi, please listen to us. You need this..."

"I said I don't need it!!!"

 

 

 

I got up immediately and walked out from the room as fast as I can. I ignored my mom's call. I'm not sick. I'm okay. I'm totally okay. The doctor is wrong. I'm not sick!!!

 

 

 

I ran to Taeyeon's room again, but slowed down my step as I felt pain in my chest.

 

 

I know. Recently I felt like my heartbeat is unstable, and there's a weird pain on my chest everytime I got surprised or depressed. It's getting more often this past one week, since the car accident happened. I know it, but I don't want to accept it. I'm not sick. I leaned on the wall to calm my abnormal heart beat. I tried to breathe normally but why is it so hard to do??

 

When finally I can breathe normally again, I stared to the floor blankly and stayed like that for some minutes.

 

 

 

What will Taeyeon say if she knows about this? I don't want to make her worry.

 

 

 

I lifted my face to the ceiling to prevent the tears from falling down. I sighed heavily to calm myself and turned to the corridor where Taeyeon's room is at. I could see Jessica and Yuri walking not too far in front of me, but I don't feel like talking right now so I didn't call them. I walked slowly to the room, and opened the door quietly. Taeyeon is still sleeping. I sat beside her bed and stared at her face. I can't help it, my tears is falling down and I can't hold it.

 

 

"Taeyeon... I..." I held her hand tightly. "They say I have a heart disease. But it's not right, isn't it? When will you wake up? I want to talk to you. I need you now."

 

 

I drown my face to her hand which is placed on her tummy.

 

 

"TaeTae... Wake up. Please."

 

 

 

 

 

Just then I felt a move. Her hand in my hand is moving a bit. I widened my eyes as I got up immediately.

 

"Taeyeon??"

 

She didn't open her eyes, I called her again but she's still sleeping. And suddenly her heart monitor beeping so loud. A long beep sound.

 

 

 

 

What.....

 

 

 

 

I felt like my heart is stop beating.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"No. No way!!!"

 

I grabbed the nurse call bell and pressed it many times. I ran out from the room running to random corridor and calling every doctor or nurse I can find.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's not gonna happen. Never.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV:

 

 

 

 

"She's just shocked. But I'm sure she will accept it eventually. Please make sure she doesn't get depressed and stressed out too often. It will get worse faster if she does."

Tiffany's mom nodded. "I understand, doctor. But... Is it okay if she continues doing the usual activities?"

"Of course, ma'am. But she must not be too tired. She needs more rest and be careful with the foods. Your support, at a time like this, is very important, Mrs.Hwang. She needs you the most."

"I know..."

"I'll give you more medicines. But we really should be car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter