To be better or worse

Lost in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

 

 

Happy bday Kim Hyoyeon!! 

 

 

Aah our dancing queen... The coolest dancer in the world!! Heheh

 

 

 

 

 

 

By the way sorry for this bad chapter, I'm sooo in a rush -__-""

 

 

and I'm really sorry, Secretives :(

 

 

And thank you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV:

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's Taeyeon."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The mom blinked several times, then she chuckled. "That's funny, Fany. Please tell mom the truth. I just want to know who is he."

"I'm serious, mom. It's Taeyeon." Tiffany looked down, bit her lips, and squeezed Taeyeon's hand so tight until it trembled.

 

 

 

The mom's face is flushed. hung opened, her gaze moved from Tiffany to Taeyeon, then to Tiffany again, tried to find a hint of joke from their face, but can't find one. Both of them can't look at the mom in the eyes. And at that moment, the mom knew they're so dead serious even though she still can't believe it. She lifted her index finger in the air between her and the two girls.

"Tell me that you lied."

 

 

 

Tiffany closed her eyes, and Taeyeon can't say anything. She didn't want to make things worse.

 

 

 

"Tell. Me. That. You. Lied. Fany."

 

 

 

 

Tiffany lifted her head. "I'm not lying, mom. I love Taeyeon. N-Not as a bestfriend, not as a sister." She shook her head slowly. "We are in relationship now. Right, T-Tae?"

The younger girl turned to Taeyeon, who feel even worse to say it directly in a situation like this. But eventually she nodded. "...Yes."

 

 

 

The mom's face is like she just got slap with a big board. For some seconds she just stared at them, then after that she stepped back and left quickly to her room, touching her forehead with her palm. After the door slammed closed, Tiffany fell to the couch. She sat there, drown her face in her both palm, elbows rested on her knee. Taeyeon sat beside her.

 

 

"You should've not told her now. It's not the right time." Taeyeon sighed.

"Then tell me what should I do??" Tiffany exclaimed, turned to her lover hastily. "There's no such a right time for my mom. She will react the same way whenever we tell her about this!"

"Ppany..."

"I don't want to marry him, Tae! I have to tell her the truth now before it's too late. Before they think I want it!"

"They already think you want it. Don't you hear what your mom said?? She saw the progress between you two! Because of those dinners! You gave them hope!"

"That's why I tell her now, Taeyeon! It's not too late!"

"You...!"

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon hold her voice. She has promised to herself to never ever yell at Tiffany again. She just turned around to calm herself down and let her back faced the other girl. Tiffany knew Taeyeon is really upset right now. She stepped closer and pulled the latter's shirt slightly.

"TaeTae..."

"I don't want to lose you, Tippany." The petite girl breathe heavily. "I was shocked and upset to hear about the marriage. I... I didn't mean to blame you."

"I know."

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon turned around and hugged the other girl tightly. "We will go through this together."

Tiffany nodded and tighten the hug.

 

 

 

 

 

 

TAEYEON'S POV:

 

 

 

 

 

It's been some days since we told the mom about us. And I never talk to her again. I came to their house couple times but she always left and lock herself in her room, didn't want to see me. So I decided to not come to their house for now, so Tippany didn't need to feel bad whenever her mom avoids me.

 

I bet their relationship is getting worse. Tippany rarely smile recently, and she always looks unhappy when she had to go home. She spent the most of her time at school, did her homeworks and articles at the club room, and went home at 9pm. I accompanied her everyday so we can go home together at night.

However, I feel guilty. Tippany is really close to her mom and now they're so awkward toward each other. She didn't want to talk about this, but we have to do it.

 

 

One day, I was reading magazines at the club room's couch, waiting for Tippany to finish her article. It's already dark outside and everyone has went home. I glanced at her over my magazine and cleared my throat quietly.

 

"Ppany."

"Hm?"

"Uhm.. How's your mom?"

She stopped writing and turned around on her chair in front of the PC table to face me. "She's fine."

"How are you?"

"...you know I'm fine too."

"You're not."

"...."

"Ppany..."

"Tae, haven't I told you that I don't want to talk about this?"

"We can't pretend like nothing happened, honey." I put down the magazine. "You're obviously not happy, and I don't want to see you being sad."

 

 

 

She turned her back at me again and sighed. I approached her, turned the chair so we're face to face again, and knelt down in front of her, holding her hands. I looked straight to her eyes but she just looked down at our hands on her lap.

"Let's talk to your mom."

"How can we talk to her if she hide everytime she saw you?"

"I'll wait until she come out."

"It will just upset her more, Taeyeon."

"We have to try it."

"I've tried." Tippany sighed. "I've tried to talk about this to her, but she avoid the topic, and when I force her a little bit, she scolded me. And when Nigun came to have dinner, she acted as if nothing happened. They talked about the marriage like they didn't know about us. She... She has changed."

 

 

 

 

Guilt once again hit my heart. I don't mind being treated badly by the mom, but Tippany must be really sad. This is why I didn't want to tell the mom this early. That day is not the right time, not when she just told us about the arranged marriage. But I understand, Tippany is panic that day.

 

"And... What about Nikon? How is his reaction to the marriage?"

"He looked surprise but... Happy. And he didn't refuse at all. My mom thought he didn't know about us."

 

 

 

I bent down and kissed our intertwined hands, closed my eyes. What can be worse. I felt guilty and now I feel so insecure. Nikon could seize Tippany from me. This is exactly what he wants and he has many supports behind him.

 

Tippany pulled one of her hand from mine and touched my cheek, rubbed it with her thumb.

"I'll try again."

"Let me come with you."

"No. I don't think mom want to see you at this time. I'm sorry, Tae."

I nodded. "It's okay. But... Ppany, please don't fight with your mom."

"Don't worry." She smiled and kissed my forehead. "Let's go home."

 

 

 

We walked home together and I left after she entered her house. I walked alone with so many thoughts in my mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TIFFANY'S POV:

 

 

 

 

I entered my house and found my mom is talking with Nigun at the livingroom. They saw me and smiled to me.

"I'm home, mom."

"Hi, Tiffany!" Nigun greeted me.

"Hi."

"Have you had dinner?" My mom asked.

"I have."

 

 

 

I went to my room and stayed there until that guy left. I went out when I'm sure he is not here anymore. I approached my mom at the livingroom. She is tidying up the room, so I helped her. She glanced at me slightly when I stepped in to the room.

"Have you done your homework?"

"I've finished it at school."

"Why don't you do it at home?"

"I find it easier to do it at school."

"So that's why you come home late recently?"

"Mmm, yes."

"It's dangerous to walk alone at night, Fany." My mom sighed.

"I'm not alone. I walk home with Taeyeon."

As expected, her expression changed. Her jaw is stiffen and her eyes narrowed. "No wonder you prefer to do it at school than at home. What did she do to you?" She chuckled sarcastically.

"She didn't do anything bad. In fact, she always accompanies me to keep me safe."

"And what did she ask for the return?"

"Mom! We both know she's not a person like that! You treat her like a criminal."

"Just leave her. You will marry Nichkhun soon."

"No."

"It's up to you. Next month his parents will come and you will be his fiancee."

"I won't be his fiancee. Never."

"Yes, you will."

"Just kill me if I have to marry him."

She glared at me. "Don't say something like that!!"

"I don't want to marry him, mom!!! I love Taeyeon!!"

"Have you lost your mind??? Just because of that one little girl you become like... like THIS!!" She stretched her hands toward me.

"'This' what??? I am me, mom! Taeyeon never force me to love her! What's wrong with loving someone??"

"It's wrong because you both are girls!!!"

"I don't care! I love her and I want to be with her!"

"Nichkhun is way better than her! He's a good man, he can protect you, and he loves you! You will be happy with him!"

"I'm happiest when I'm with Taeyeon."

My mom groaned. "Stop that, Fany! You're blinded. You're still a kid!"

"Whatever but I'm sure that we love each other, and that's all I need to know!"

"Listen to me now, Hwang Miyoung!!" She pointed at me and gave a deathly glare. "You will obey me and break up with her, or you will marry Nichkhun this year!"

 

 

 

I narrowed my eyes at her and shook my head. I can't believe how could my mom being this close-minded. My blood is so boiled that I can't even think clearly. I don't know what I am saying anymore.

 

"Can't you just let me be happy? It's not hard to let me be with Taeyeon. Why can't you understand, you're controlling my feeling like I'm a heartless doll. It hurts, mom, to not be with the one you love. You're supposed to be the one who know it best!" I shook my head again and chuckled. "Or... Is it possible that you don't really love dad?"

"...What did you say?"

"You don't love dad, do you? If you really love him, you should know how does it feel, how hurt it is, and you won't let me feel the same. Ah. Do you even love me??"

"Watch your mouth, Tiffany."

"You don't love me, mom! And you never love dad! You're so selfish!!"

"I said WATCH YOUR MOUTH!!!"

 

 

 

 

I heard a slap sound and my cheek feels like burned. My face is pushed sideways due to the hard slap my mom gave me.

I looked at her fiercely, I can feel my tears almost fell down, so I just said something that I'll regret later to her.

 

 

"I hate you."

 

 

 

I left the house and ran as fast as I can, ignoring my mom who's shouting my name and chased me.

 

I ran, ran, and ran until I can't hear her voice anymore. It's already late, all of the shops and cafes near here are closed, and there's only one place I could think of right now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV:

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon jumped from her seat when she heard a long doorbell's ring. She immediately ran to the door and opened it just to see the red-eyes Tiffany.

 

"Ppany!? W-What's wrong? It's already late."

"Can I stay here tonight?"

"Of course..." She locked the door and took the younger girl to the couch. She clasped her cheek and looked into her eyes deeply. "What happened?"

"I..." Tiffany looked down, her eyes are teary a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter