No

Lost in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

 

Sorry for the late update. I'm really... you know, 24 is just not enough. I need 40 hours a day. And it's tiring.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV:

 

 

 

Taeyeon climbed down the ladder carefully and stepped on the ground with a relieved breath. She took the toolbox in her arms, grinningly entered Tiffany's house.

 

"Done! Hehehe."

"Thank you very much, Taeyeon." The mom smiled at her. "You're really a big help. I'm afraid of heights and you know how clumsy Fany is."

"Aah, repairing a leaky roof is not a big problem."

"Still, thank you. I prepare some snacks inside, c'mon."

Taeyeon went to the livingroom together with the mom, tilted her head to left and right when she didn't find someone. "Where's Ppany?"

"She is doing her article in her room."

"Doing article?? In this beautiful Sunday morning??"

"Such a hard-working kid. She knows no rest." The mom shook her head. "Maybe you could take her somewhere? So she won't stay in her room all day long."

"I just thought about that, hehe."

 

 

So Taeyeon skipped her way to the other girl's room after she ate the snacks the mom prepared, and found Tiffany's back facing her. She's so engrossed to her laptop and didn't notice Taeyeon's presence. The petite girl sat behind her and hugged her waist, slipped in her hands to Tiffany's shirt at abs area, made the latter yelped.

 

"T-TaeTae!!"

"Mmmh, smooth skin." Taeyeon whispered at Tiffany's ear and brushed her lips there. She the abs again. "I want it."

The eye-smile girl's cheek burned. "Tae..."

"I want to eat you." The petite girl moved her hand down to the hem of Tiffany's short and slipped in her fingers there, while her other hand moved upper.

"T-Tae, I have to... Do my article... Nggh..."

"You can do it later." Taeyeon kept whispering seductively and moved her hands to the latter's 'dangerous' body part. When Taeyeon saw the other girl almost gave up, she laughed and pulled away, sat next to Tiffany. "You're so cute."

"Aisshhh." Tiffany hissed and turned her gaze back to her laptop.

"Let's take a walk outside. It's a beautiful day!"

"I have to do this." Tiffany said. "Before I can't do this anymore at school."

"Oh, when will Uee becomes president?"

"The next three days."

"But you need rest. C'mon, just for an hour." Taeyeon pulled her and Tiffany can't stop her at all.

 

 

They walked to the park, the sun shine brightly and it was so nice there. Taeyeon bought two cotton candies and eat them all by herself, because Tiffany only attracted to her fried eel with sweet spicy sauce.

"Here, water. Sweet and fried food is not good for your throat." Taeyeon offered her a bottle of water.

"Said someone who just ate two big cotton candies." Tiffany chuckled. She drank the water then gave it to Taeyeon. "You should drink too."

"Mmm."

"TaeTae, could you compose a song in 5 minute?"

Taeyeon smiled. "Why? Do you want me to make one for you?"

"Hehe, yes." Tiffany said. "Now."

"Now? Well... I have to search for some inspirations."

"Just look at me." The eye-smile girl fixed her bang and straighten her back, smiled widely to Taeyeon.

The petite girl stared at her for 3 seconds then blushed hard, turned away her gaze. "Aaah, I'm shy."

"Yah..." Tiffany pouted.

"Mmm, h-how about I'll write it on my love letter for tomorrow? I can't think clearly if you stare at me like that."

"It's not 5 minutes, then."

"Okay, okay. I'll write it here, now. But don't look at me."

 

They sat on a bench and Tiffany looked around the park so she won't bother the other girl. Taeyeon wrote down the lyric and sang it for the other girl, ended with Tiffany's clap.

 

"Amazing! Aah you're awesome, TaeTae! It was a really good song."

"Really? Hehehe."

"You're good in music. Why don't you take it as your major at university?"

"Uhm, I've thought about it too." Taeyeon added hastily when she saw her fiancee's expression. "But I don't want to be a singer."

"Why??" Tiffany pouted.

"So we can have privacy. I can be a songwriter."

"That's cool!" Tiffany smiled. "So we are songwriter-journalist couple? We need a lot of papers in our house, I guess."

"Yup. And speaking of paper..." Taeyeon pointed at the paper she wrote the lyric on that is blown away by the wind from Tiffany's lap.

"Omo. Let me pick it." Tiffany got up hastily and ran to the paper on the ground, but the paper is blown again to the park's fountain. "Aissh, I got you now."

 

Tiffany almost grabbed the paper but failed and it fell towards the water. The eye-smile girl jumped forward to catch it, ended up plunged into the water and soaking wet from head to toe. Taeyeon immediately ran towards her and some people helped her got out from the water as well.

 

"I'm okay, I'm okay. Hehehehe."

"Ppany!" Taeyeon reached her place and put off her jacket to cover the younger girl with it. "Why are you so clumsy."

"It's wet." Tiffany pouted, looking at the wet paper on her hand.

"It's not important now. Let's go home before you catch a cold again!"

 

 

But Taeyeon is the first who sneeze on the way home due to the cold wind. But she insist the younger girl to keep wearing her jacket. Tiffany made 2 cups of hot chocolate and they sat closely side by side on the couch, covered their body together with a blanket.

"Your chocolate is the best, always." Taeyeon smiled to the smells-good chocolate.

"It's made with love." Tiffany wiggled her eyebrows proudly.

"You should say it to the others as well when we introduce our kid to them one day." Taeyeon chuckled.

"Eyyy."

"How do you feel? Good?"

"Yup."

 

 

 

Taeyeon's condition is getting worse the next day. She felt cold and sneeze all the time. But she still insist to go to school. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were so surprised because they thought only clever people could catch a cold. Taeyeon wore 2 sweater under her blazer and a scarf. Sooyoung, looked at the cloth around Taeyeon's neck like a hungry lion looking at its prey, stole chances to pull off the scarf at many unpredictable times, but the petite girl always manage to avoid her.

 

"What do you really want, Choi Sooyoung??" Taeyeon groaned.

"Suspicious. You must be hide something under the scarf." Sooyoung narrowed her eyes.

"Ugh, there's nothing. I'm really cold!" Taeyeon put off her scarf impatiently and turned 360 degree on her place to show her her neck.

"Omo. She's right." Hyoyeon mumbled.

"Hmmm." Sooyoung pouted.

"Just accept the fact that I'm included in clever people group because I catch a cold too."

"Guys!" Jessica appeared on the classroom's door and ran to their place. "I found the ice cream shop my friend told me the other day. Let's go there after school!"

"Taeyeon's sick." Hyoyeon said.

"What? Really? You didn't pretend to?" Jessica pulled her scarf too. "This is Tiff's scarf, isn't it?"

"Really." Taeyeon sighed, this time just let her scarf unwrapped her neck. "And this is mine, actually. We usually use each other's stuff, sometimes I don't remember which is mine which is hers."

"Are you okay? Why did you come to school, then?" Jessica palmed her forehead and observed her face carefully.

"I'm okay."

"You should rest more. Where will you go after school?"

"Home. Ppany has another meeting and she forced me to not wait for her."

"I'll accompany you, then. Do you want to eat something? I'll cook it for you."

"Eyy, don't need to do that."

"The best medicine for flu is sleep and food."

"Okay, okay, unnie. Hahaha."

 

 

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon stole glance at each other listening to their conversation, but then just shrugged it off.

 

But Jessica has to be disappointed because Tiffany cancelled her club meeting and went home together with them ("I was soaking wet from head to toe but you're the one who catch a cold. Weird, eh, TaeTae?" Tiffany chuckled. "We're connected." Taeyeon replied). Taeyeon rested on her apartment while the other 2 girls went shopping to the nearest supermarket. When they picking up some vegetables, Jessica noticed the ring Taeyeon bought for Tiffany on the eye-smile girl's ring finger.

 

"Pretty ring. From Taeyeon?" Jessica smiled, pretend that she didn't know.

"Oh. Yeah, she gave it to me the other day." Tiffany smiled back shyly.

"How did she do it? Since she's not a romantic person. Hahaha."

"We had a dinner date at a rooftop restaurant, then when we danced to a romantic song, she knelt down all of a sudden and..." Tiffany's cheek became pinkish as her eyes form an eye-smile. "...and she proposed to me."

 

Jessica dropped everything she had on her hands, causing Tiffany to yelp in shock.

 

"Omo. A-Are you okay, Jessie?"

"I'm... Okay..."

 

Both girls knelt down to pick their groceries on the floor. Then both got up with stuffs in their arms. Tiffany looked at Jessica worriedly, while the older just looked down.

 

"Ng, what's wrong?" Tiffany asked slowly.

"N-Nothing. Hehe." The older girl turned around and walked away to a shelf, looking around to find another ingredient they need that actually she just can't look at Tiffany's eyes. "What else should we buy?" Jessica asked.

"Ng..." Tiffany looked around the shelf as well.

"Peanut butter?" Jessica picked a bottle of the said butter.

"No, she's allergic to it."

"Tuna?"

"She prefers salmon."

"Okay. Hm, chicken? Which part?"

"She likes chicken drumstick."

"Maybe we should add some carrot..."

"She hates carrot." Tiffany chuckled. "She's kinda weird. She doesn't like carrot but she could drink carrot juice. She could eat shrimp only if you fry it. And she likes to eat biscuits with ketchup."

"Ooh..."

"Her favorite food is weird too. Sausage soup. Yup, a roasted sausage with BBQ sauce, in a soup. But she can't reject fried squid ring even though she can't eat it if it's boiled. And she can eat three bowls of rice if you cook it with 3 cups of water for 2 cups of rice. And not just that, she likes..."

"Is this all we need? Let's go to cashier." Jessica interrupted and walked away immediately.

"Okay."

 

 

They walked home with bags of groceries and arrived at the apartment of the smallest girl's and put the bags on the table. Taeyeon came near them quietly, took a peek at the bag's contain.

"Ooh! Cheesecake with green tea mousse! My favorite!" Taeyeon took the said food out from the bag and looks so happy to see it.

"Not only that..." Tiffany took out a cup of hot mint tea. "Bambambambam!"

"Aaa I love you, Tippany!" Taeyeon hugged her fiancee tightly before brought her food and drink to the couch. She the TV and exclaimed happily when saw her favorite cartoon on the TV.

"Tae, don't eat while watching cartoon."

"Don't worry, honey."

 

 

Tiffany chuckled. Jessica just furrowed her eyebrows, didn't understand.

"Why?" The ice princess asked.

"Whenever she watched cartoon, she would left hung open unconsciously. So if she watch it while eating, she will shove a spoon of food into but forget to chew it, just left it stay on her wide-open mouth like that." Tiffany chuckled. "Unfortunately, sometimes the food fell out from ."

"How could she forget to chew??"

"Ah, she has a lot of funnier habits. Like sleeps with many pillows, at least there should be 10 pillows on her bed. Or apologize to a bug she just killed with bug spray. Or..."

"I kill bugs because of you, baby cake." Taeyeon added.

"But the bug came into the room because of you. You left the window open, and you purposely let them in because you feel pity for them flying randomly outside the room." Tiffany narrowed her eyes. "You like to piss me off."

"You're cute when you run to me in scare and hide behind me. Hihi."

"Aissh, this prankster."

"Hehehe."

 

 

Jessica made herself busy with the groceries, didn't want to listen to their conversation she can't join in. So after the cooking session is done, she left immediately, reasoned that she has a date with her beloved little sister. But she didn't go home. She went to a place she could be alone for a long time: a riverside.

 

Jessica sat on the ground, staring at the river blankly, as the sun set slowly, leaving the sky with redish yellow colour. The wind blew her hair softly, but it didn't bother her. The darkness that started to wipe away any other colour at the sky didn't bother her as well. What bothered her is her broken heart. And she knew nothing to get over it.

 

 

 

 

 

Time passed. Jessica didn't know how many hours she has been there. It's almost totally dark because there are not many street lamps near the river. But she wasn't afraid. Until someone poked her shoulder and made her scream.

 

"Woaah, easy, Jessica. Easy."

 

Yuri stepped back with widened eyes. Jessica looked at her with annoyed face and turned away her gaze, back to the river, even though she can't see it anymore.

 

"Why are you alone here? It's dark." Yuri asked.

"I don't feel like talking. Please go away."

"But it's dangerous here." Yuri squatted beside her. "Sit at a brighter place, please."

"Too lazy to move."

"Hmmm." Yuri sat next to her finally. "You look like someone who have a life problem. And I guess you won't tell me."

"How could you read my mind? Especially the last one." Jessica said with a pretend-to-be-surprised tone.

"Okay, I won't force you to tell me. Just let me lighten up your mood. Ice cream?" Yuri grinned. She knew her favorite food.

 

Jessica looked at her with frowning face, but slowly nodded. So the tanned girl brought her to an ice cream cafe and treated her 3 scoops of different flavor ice cream. She stole glances at the cold girl who ate her ice cream in silence, still with troubled face. Yuri is about to throw a joke when Jessica started to talk.

 

"Ice cream always lighten up my mood. Thank you, Yuri."

Yuri was taken aback at Jessica's soft yet weak voice and at how she said thank you. The older girl's eyes look so lonely and sad, and overall Jessica looks so fragile in Yuri's eyes. "Jessica..."

"Yes?"

"Human is a weird creature. We could feel like our problems are faded away just by telling it to another person. Sometimes we just need to be listened. So..." Yuri smiled gently at her. "I will be a statue for 5 minute. You can yell at me, scream, hit me, or cry on my shoulder and I won't do anything. I won't talk, I won't laugh, I won't criticize you. I will completely be a statue, you don't need to feel shy to bring out all of your sadness and madness. But it's only if you want to."

 

 

Jessica stared into the other girl's eyes deeply, searching for a hint of joke but can't find one. Yuri is serious. Slowly, Jessica put down her ice cream cup and looked down at the table.

 

"I think I'm cursed. I have a weird power."

Yuri raised her eyebrows. She thought Jessica is telling her about something supernatural but then she remembered her promise to stay silent.

"A power to make people I like to leave me for someone else and broke my heart." Jessica chuckled bitterly. "First, Yoona. And now..." Jessica muted for some seconds before continued. "When will I be happy? I'm really cursed. People always treat me bad because of my cold expression. They judge me from the appearance. I can't stand that kind of people."

 

Jessica still looked down at her about-to-melt ice cream.

 

"The only person who treat me well from the very beginning is Taeyeon and Yoona. But Yoona left for Seohyun, that weak girl. Sometimes, I want to shout at them, saying that I'm weaker than Seohyun. But I can't. And they left."

 

Yuri sat quietly. She didn't make any sound or move. She is really a statue for now.

 

"Then I found a new love. But... She is taken. She asked me to help her set a dinner date with her girlfriend, but she didn't tell me what was that for. Turned out that she proposed to her." Jessica gritted her teeth. "Their love is too strong. I can't get in between them. I don't know anything about her. And I admit that they match each other. I already lose even before I start to fight."

 

Jessica looked up to Yuri.

 

"What a fool, I am. I can't control my feeling. I want to take out my heart and just throw it somewhere else so I won't be hurted again. But I can't. It's so..." Jessica's voice started to crack. "I'm upset. I hate this life. I'm hopeless. Everyone is leaving me. Nobody wants to love me..."

"5 minute. Time's up." Yuri got up while looking at her wristwatch.

 

The tanned girl went to Jessica's side and pulled her up, wrapped her arms around the fragile girl and let Jessica rest her head on her shoulder. Meanwhile, Jessica is too surprised to scold Yuri or push her away.

 

 

"Don't you see me?" Yuri whispered softly. "I might be act annoyingly all the time, but my feeling is true. I don't know much about you, and we only knew each other for weeks. But I want to know more about you. I'll learn. I want to be someone for you. Maybe you don't believe me because I confess too fast, but trust me, I'm honest. I really like you."

 

 

Jessica was taken aback. Yuri's words sounds so sincere in her ears. But she's afraid.

 

And like she could read Jessica's mind, Yuri continued.

 

 

 

"You have experienced it twice. You might be afraid. It's okay. I'll wait for you, and I'll prove how serious I am." Yuri pulled away from the hug and smiled at her warmly.

"Yuri..."

"Can I be your friend? Ah, no. I mean, can I be a home for you? Where you can take a break from this life and do whatever you like."

"....."

"I know you are confused. You don't want to open your heart. But please give me a chance. I won't ask for your heart until you give it to me. But please open it up, so I could fix what's broken there."

 

 

Instead of answering, Jessica's tears burst out all of a sudden. Yuri panicly grabbed a tissue paper and wiped it softly.

 

"I-I'm sorry." Yuri said.

"Why..." Jessica managed to talk between her sobs. "Why are you so kind to me? I'm not a good person."

Yuri laughed. "Aigoo, so you haven't realized it yet? Let me tell you, whatever happen there's always someone who will care for you. And in your case, even though you look cold like an ice, but the warmth inside your heart filled the air around you. And you're not cold, you're just shy. Well, some people choose to ignore it because they are stupid. Stupid people makes wro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter