I still love you

Lost in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV:

 

 

 

"How's your day?"

"I got an A at today's test. Hehe. Oh, and I just finished my articles. I don't expect it to be this fast, but it's a good thing, I think."

Nichkhun chuckled. "Really? Then we have to celebrate it!"

"How?"

"Let's go somewhere far together. This Sunday. How about it?"

Tiffany smiled. "Good idea. Okay then. See you."

 

 

 

The eye-smile girl hung up the call and put her phone on the table. Then her mom entered her room.

"Fany, let's have dinner."

"Okay mom."

 

 

She joined her mom at the dining table and they eat together.

 

"Mom, Nichkhun ask me to go together this Sunday. Can I go?"

Her mom smiled. "Where will you go?"

"Uhmm, maybe outside this town. We'll decide it later. Can I?"

"Sure. Have fun." Her mom stared at her daughter happily. "I see someone is in love here."

"Hm? What? No, I am not." Tiffany chuckled.

"Not yet."

 

 

The daughter just smiled to her mom.

 

 

 

 

She is feeling way better now. It's been months since the break up, and Tiffany gradually can get over it, with many helps from Nichkhun. Tears didn't fill her eyes anymore everytime she saw Taeyeon, and she's able to smile brightly again, back to her old self. Nichkhun called her almost every night recently, and came to her house if he had free time. They went to many places together and had fun, the guy always accompany her and always be there whenever she needs him. Nichkhun's parents came a month after the break up but they decided to postpone the engagement. They'll wait until Tiffany graduates.

 

 

She's fine now. But there's one thing she wants to do.

 

 

She wants to talk to Taeyeon again.

 

 

She means, she wants to be friend with the petite girl again. However, they were bestfriend before. And she didn't want to have an enemy. She always avoid Taeyeon but the other girl always treat her well at some chances when they met accidentally. So after she could forget the pain, she wants to fix their friendship. And she thought Taeyeon wants the same thing too. And after days of procrastination, she encourage her self to talk to Taeyeon tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

After the dinner, she went back to her room and sat on her bed.

"'Hi, Taeyeon. Long time no talk. How are you?'" Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. "Sounds awkward. Oh, should I ask her to have lunch together? 'TaeTae, let's go to canteen...' Wait, why did I call her 'TaeTae'?? Ugh, c'mon think, Fany, think! Aissh, why am I being so nervous like this??"

 

 

She talked to herself for almost half an hour and get tired, then decided to talk spontaneously tomorrow. Hoping she won't say something stupid.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day...

 

 

Taeyeon is singing her favorite song, Lost in Love, alone in her classroom at lunchtime break, when Tiffany appeared on the classroom's door. She stared at the small girl while listened to her beautiful voice before finally entered the room nervously. She stopped behind Taeyeon and cleared loudly to make the other girl notice her presence. Taeyeon turned around and surprised. She realized there's no one else in the room so Tiffany must be come here to meet her. She got up from her chair immediately.

 

 

"T-Tippany?"

"Uhm, hi." Tiffany smiled to her awkwardly. "Ng, have you had lunch?"

"No..."

"Do you want to go together?"

Taeyeon lost her ability to talk for some seconds but managed to answer at the end. "...Sure."

 

 

 

Tiffany eye-smiled and pulled Taeyeon's hand. Taeyeon is walking really slow, still can't believe what just happened, so Tiffany have to pull her all the way to canteen. People stared at them and whispered noisily.

"Are they getting back together?"

"That can't be!"

"I never saw them talk to each other for months!"

"Then why...?"

 

 

 

Tiffany ignored the loud whisper and walked straight to the canteen. When they already sat face to face on their table, Tiffany looked at the other girl while Taeyeon avoided the gaze.

"How are you?"

Taeyeon glanced Tiffany but then avoid again. "Me? Uhm, fine. I'm fine."

 

 

 

Taeyeon wants to ask her the same question, she was curious to death about Tiffany's condition, to be honest, but she confused how to say it properly so she won't sounds like a heartless killer who stab the victim then ask about their condition.

 

 

"It's been a long time since we talk to each other. I... Miss you." Tiffany smiled nervously. "W-We are bestfriend. So I... Uhm..."

"Yeah... I miss you too." Taeyeon mumbled.

"I'm sorry I avoid you for months..."

"No, no. It's okay. I deserve it."

"I really want to talk to you."

"Me too. Well, I thought you hate me so I don't want to disturb you." Taeyeon looked down. "I'm sorry, Ppany. For everything I did to you. I... You should've hate me forever because I treat you like a..."

"I don't hate you. I can't, actually." Tiffany cleared and fixed her sit position. "Okay, let's make it clear. Just forget it. Okay? I've told you, we're bestfriend. I don't want to lose my bestfriend. Let's just forget our... Our past."

Taeyeon nodded in silence.

Tiffany smiled in relief and changed the topic. "How's your lesson? Do you get bad score again? Hehe."

"I did well. It's easy, actually." Taeyeon chuckled. "I... Er, I saw last month magazine. It's really good. Especially your article."

"Really? I wrote it day and night."

 

 

 

They continued talk, but eventually Taeyeon can't hold it anymore. Tiffany talked to her again, and that means one thing. She can't deny that and it tortured her inside.

 

 

Taeyeon got up all of a sudden and bid goodbye to Tiffany. "I have to go now."

"Where do you want to go?"

"Uhm, t-teacher's room. See you."

"Oh. Okay. See you."

 

 

 

Tiffany looks relieved and disappointed at the same time. Taeyeon left the canteen and get back to her empty classroom, hit the wall with all her strength and make her fist bleeding again. Jessica came just in time and stopped her, hugged her and bring her to her chair. She sat beside her.

 

"The previous wound is still not healed yet and you're already hurt it again! Why should you hurt yourself once a week?? What happened this time, Taeyeon??"

"Tiffany talked to me."

"Really?? That's mean..."

"She doesn't hate me anymore. And she... doesn't love me anymore."

"Or she loves you again."

"Impossible."

"Why not??"

"I..." Taeyeon pushed away Jessica's hand slowly. "Please leave me alone."

"And let you break your fist? No way."

 

 

Taeyeon got up and left the room. She went to the rooftop and sat there alone, covered her bleeding fist with a cloth.

 

"Control yourself, Kim Taeyeon. Control yourself!!" She exclaimed to herself. "This is what you want. She's fine now and you should be happy for that! Accept it, she already moved on!"

 

 

Taeyeon drown her face on her arms. She felt guilty, she felt sad because Tiffany doesn't love her anymore, she felt happy because Tiffany is fine now, she felt upset because she is not the reason of the younger girl's happiness, and she really want to drown herself right now.

"...it hurts, eh, Kim Taeyeon? She was hurted even more. Now let her be happy."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany comes to her classroom everyday and insist to have lunch with her. Taeyeon felt a little bit awkward with that but at the other side, she wants to meet Tiffany too, ignoring her own feeling. She chose to ignore her heartache so she can talk to her again and saw her smile. They never talk about the past, and even though they accidentally talk about it, they both would act as normal as they can.

 

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon teased the petite girl all the time and sometimes it gave hopes in Taeyeon's heart but she threw that away. She's getting used with Tiffany and their relationship now is fine, almost as fine as before they dating. The small girl is able to control her feeling and take Tiffany as a friend again.

 

 

 

One day, the two ex-lovebirds are having lunch together again at the canteen, just the two of them. Usually SooSicHyo joined them but now they can't be found anywhere.

"I buy your favorite food." Taeyeon came with a tray of food and gave a box of fried eel to the other girl.

"Omo! Thank you, Tae!" Tiffany received it happily and eat it right away.

"Hahaha." Taeyeon chuckled seeing Tiffany's act. "Ppany-ah."

"Yes?"

"Your lips..." Taeyeon stretched her hand and wiped a little piece of fried eel near the latter's lips. "You really can't hold yourself when it comes to fried eel, eh? Hahaha."

Tiffany froze for awhile and then get her self-control back. "O-Oh, yeah.. Haha.."

 

 

 

Tiffany felt weird and fluttered a bit. A phone call came when she still drown in her confusion and she flinched a bit, surprised.

"Oh." The eye-smile girl looked at the caller ID on the screen.

"Who is it?"

"Uhm, N-Nichkhun."

 

 

Taeyeon stopped eating all of a sudden. She put down her spoon and looked at other direction while rubbing the back of her neck.

 

"Hello?" Tiffany answered the call.

"Tiff. Do you want to go to cinema today? The new movie is out today! I'll fetch you after your school ends. Okay?"

"C-Cinema? After school? Uhm, y-yeah, okay. See you."

She hung up the call and put back the phone in her bag. Taeyeon looked at her slightly. "A date with Nikon?"

"No, not a date. We're just... Refreshing together."

"Oh."

 

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon who still rubbing her neck and looked at other direction. She felt something, something familiar from Taeyeon's voice and gesture and her "Oh".

 

She had felt it before.

 

She felt it everytime Taeyeon is... Jealous.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany shook her head.

 

"Why should she feels jealous? She doesn't have any special feeling towards me." Tiffany said mentally.

 

 

"So. You're his fiancee now, aren't you?" Taeyeon asked with cold tone, snapped the girl in front of her back from her thought.

"They postpone the engagement."

"But you're dating him now?"

"No."

"You really will marry him?"

"I don't know."

Taeyeon scoffed. "He's a good guy. You'll be happy with him."

"I know it."

 

 

Taeyeon gritted her teeth. She took her spoon again and continued eating with bad mood.

 

 

 

 

 

The school has ended. Taeyeon went to the school's gate immediately and hid somewhere behind the tree. She took a peek at Tiffany and Nichkhun. The guy got out from the car and smiled to Tiffany, who walked happily to him. Nichkhun put his hand on the younger girl's shoulder and opened the car's door for her, then got in the car as well, and they left. Some students around them amazed and mesmerized by Nichkhun and some maybe already became his fans. And they looks so jealous with Tiffany.

 

 

"Why should you touch her shoulder?? Ugh!" Taeyeon took out her phone and called Jessica. "Hello, Sica? Do you want to go to cinema now?"

"Huh? I have to..."

"Okay, I'll wait you at the school's gate now."

"Yah, I can't go...! Hello? Taeng??"

 

 

 

Jessica looked at her phone in disbelief. Taeyeon hung up the call before she could answer. She got up and left her classroom, went straight to the said place. She saw Taeyeon there, standing alone with frowned face.

 

"Yah, Kim Taengoo! I can't go with you to cinema!"

"Tippany is going to watch movie with Nikon. We have to follow them." Taeyeon said firmly.

"What? But..."

"Let's go."

 

 

 

Taeyeon pulled Jessica and they arrived at the place in no time. They looked around confusedly, looking for that two persons. Taeyeon went to the ticket box and asked.

 

"Excuse me, do you see a girl and a guy? Uhm, the girl is not too tall but she's incredibly gorgeous and beautiful. Her voice is like an angel and her pink lips attracts you to kiss... Ouch!"

 

 

Taeyeon rubbed her ear which just got pinched by Jessica.

 

 

"What are you doing, Taeng." The younger girl shook her head and took charge. "We're looking for a girl and a guy. The guy is Thai and the girl is Korean, they look like artist couple."

"They don't." Taeyeon mumbled.

"...the guy's hair is slightly brown and the girl's is long and black. Do you see them?" Jessica continued, ignored the girl beside her.

"Sorry, I don't see them."

"Oh, okay then. Thank you very much."

 

 

 

Taeyeon looked at the movies poster and saw a romantic drama movie.

"Sica, I'm sure they watch this one. It's Tippany's favorite genre."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

 

 

 

So they bought the tickets and went in the studio. Taeyeon sat uneasily at her seat, tilting her head every 5 second and staring at everyone in there. But until the movie started, she didn't see the said persons. Even after the movie played halfway.

 

"Taeng, be quiet!" Jessica hissed.

"But they're not here."

"Maybe they watch another movie. Just enjoy this movie. It's good, though."

"How can I...!"

 

"Ssshhhh!!" 

 

 

People around them glared at Taeyeon, made the petite girl stopped her noisy activity and sat quietly. Jessica held her hand all of a sudden, causing the older girl looked at her confusedly.

 

"What?"

"He's so cruel..." Jessica's eyes filled with tears.

"Huh??"

"Why does he have to dump her like that?"

Taeyeon looked at the movie and got what the ice princess meant. She pouted. "Drama always makes me sleepy."

"You're not romantic."

"I am."

"Oohhh, this drama is so sad." Jessica pulled the latter's hand and used it to wipe her nose.

"Y-Yah!!!"

 

"SSSHHHH!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two girls went out from the studio with frown on the face. It's only Taeyeon, actually. Jessica is so happy and said she will watch this drama again and again.

 

"Stop it, Sica."

"Okay."

"Now where are they? We lost them."

"What will you do when we find them?"

"Follow them."

"Ruin their date?"

"Good idea."

"I mean, ruin Tiffany's happiness? Again?"

 

 

Taeyeon looked at the younger girl. Taken aback. Jessica put her hands on her waist.

 

 

"You're so confusing, Taeng. You love her but you don't want to get her back, but you don't want her to be happy with another person as well. What do you really want?"

Taeyeon looked down. She didn't answer.

"Do you really love her??"

"Of course I am!"

"Then let her be happy with Nikon! I knew you're still hoping Tiffany would get back to you again, you're regretting your choice, but it is the fruit. Take the consequences! You have to accept it because it's already too late. She has moved on!"

"I'm not regretting! I just don't like it if Nikon touch her or..."

"You asked Nikon to take care of her, and that's what he did. If you don't trust him, don't give your trust to him from the very beginning!"

 

 

Taeyeon gritted her teeth. The fact she's been avoiding for all this time is being presented in front of her right now. Jessica sighed.

 

"Sorry, Taeng. I have to say this. I've told you many times but you didn't listen to me. And because it had happened now, you have to face it. I'm sorry."

"No. You're right." Taeyeon smiled bitterly. "I'm wrong. I... I was so happy Tippany and I became friend again. I unconsciously consider her as mine again. I'm so stupid."

"Yeah you are."

"Yah."

"Hahaha let's eat. I'm hungry." Jessica pulled the older girl's shirt.

"Your treat."

"No way. Why should I?"

"Because you made me got scolded by people in the studio and because I don't bring my wallet."

"...."

"I bought my food and ticket earlier with the money I found in my pocket."

"........."

"Hehehe."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TIFFANY'S POV:

 

 

 

 

 

"Watch action movie sometimes could be really refreshing, doesn't it?" I stretched my body and got up from my seat. "Let's go, Khun."

 

 

He got up too and smiled, then I felt his hand is wrapping my hand in his. I surprised a bit and looked at him.

 

"Okay with this?" He smiled again.

 

 

I just smiled back and nodded.

 

 

We went out from the studio and went to a restaurant to have dinner. We sat face to face and ordered our food, then he rest his chin on his fist, elbow on the table. He smiled again. He really likes to smile, eh?

 

 

"I feel like an ahjussi who go out with high-school girl."

I chuckled. "You're still young, silly. Just because you don't wear uniform."

"But you're really pretty in uniform. Aren't there any boys pursue you at your school?"

"Hahaha now you sounds like a father. No, of course. I always hide myself in my club room."

"Good. I won't let anyone pursue you."

"And why is that, father?" I smiled teasingly at him.

"Because I like you."

 

 

I was taken aback.

 

Well, this is the first time he says it bluntly. 

 

 

 

"Why?"

He looked at me while smiled again. "You're pretty, kind, caring, clever, cute. Kinda stubborn. And many more. Hahaha."

"You exaggerate it." I blushed a little.

"No. Seriously."

 

 

 

The waiter who bring our foods came and saved me from whatever he will say after this. The foods are served on the table and my gaze fell to a plate contained with fried eel. Yes. I love my life.

 

 

"I ordered it for you." He said.

"Thank you!" I smiled widely at him.

 

 

 

We started eat and suddenly, really suddenly, I don't how and I don't why, but I remembered Taeyeon and what she did when I ate fried eel this afternoon. Just by remembering it, my heart skipped a beat unreasonably.

 

 

"It's good, isn't it?"

"Hm." I nodded. We continued eat in silence. I hesitated at first, but then I decided to tell Nichkhun about this. "Khun."

"Hm?"

"I talk to Taeyeon again. We are friend now."

Nichkhun almost spilled his drink. "O-Oh. That's good. How is she?"

"She's fine. Uhm... We had lunch together this afternoon. We always had lunch together recently. But this afternoon..."

"What happened?"

"I ate fried eel. And she... wiped my lips with her finger." I took a deep breath. Aigoo, I just talk about it but I'm so nervous. "I... Uhm... I don't know why, but I suddenly felt... weird."

Nichkhun looked at me with serious face but he didn't talk.

"I think we become awkward because we didn't talk for a long time. Hehe."

"Yeah, you're right. You just feel awkward toward her."

 

 

I curled my lips in and nodded in agreement.

 

 

 

 

We finished our dinner and went home. After Nichkhun left, I entered my room and changed cloth, then my gaze fell to a box at the corner of my room. Taeyeon's Box.

 

I stared at the box for some minutes, then snapped back when my phone rang.

 

 

"Hello, Khun?"

"Tiff. The new mall will be opened next week. Your mom really wants to go there, right?"

"Really? I'll tell her, then."

"Let's go together. I'll fetch you two at your house."

"Okay. By the way, do you want to accompany me to bookstore tomorrow? I need some new books. Hehehe."

"Sure. After school. At your school's gate. Okay?"

"Noted."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S POV:

 

 

 

 

"I saw Tiffany with a handsome guy yesterday. Is he her boyfriend??"

"It can be. They look good together!"

"Aah, she's so lucky. First, Taeyeon, and now that hot guy."

 

 

 

Taeyeon glared at some people who's gossiping not too far behind her, but Jessica clasped her head and turned it to face the food again.

 

"Eat. Don't listen to them."

"They talk too much."

"Eat." Jessica said again calmly.

"I'm full, Sica." Taeyeon pouted. "We ate so much at lunchtime break, and now you ask me to eat again after school."

"No wonder Sooyoung is way taller than you."

"You are short too, shorty!"

"I'm not!"

"You eat a lot but can't grow up more."

"I don't eat a lot!"

"No wonder Sooyoung is way taller than you."

 

 

They pinched each other's arm playfully and laughed together. After finishing their meals, Taeyeon and Jessica went back the school building to play with Sooyoung and Hyoyeon who still at their classroom, playing cards with some other friends. When they passed a corridor, they saw Tiffany and Nichkhun is walking together. Looks like the younger girl is showing the school to Nichkhun. They laughed and smiled to each other happily.

 

Taeyeon froze at her place. She could feel her blood's boiled. Tiffany and Nichkhun is walking closer, and eventually they saw Taeyeon and Jessica. Taeyeon didn't know and really didn't want to know how her expression is now.

 

 

"Hi Taeyeon!" Nichkhun greeted smilingly.

"Hi." Taeyeon smiled back. "What are you two doing?"

"Tiffany just take me around the school. I want to see her school."

"Oh."

"We're going to bookstore after this. She asked me to accompany her."

"Are you two dating?" Jessica asked, causing Taeyeon to look at her with widened eyes.

"W-What? We..." Tiffany immediately answered but interrupted by Nichkhun, who held her hand all of a sudden and smiled to her.

"We are."

 

 

 

Taeyeon's world is ruined. It's the end. 

 

She knew it will happen, but she didn't know it will be this hurt.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany dropped her jaw and looked at the guy beside her but didn't say anything.

 

 

"Wow. I'm... I'm happy for you two." Taeyeon forced to talk even though it tasted so bitter on her tongue.

"Thank you, Taeyeon." Nichkhun smiled. He turned to Jessica and looked at her. "Hi. Have we met before?" 

"Mm, no." Jessica answered.

"I think I've seen you somewhere."

"Really? I never see you before."

 

 

Nichkhun furrowed his eyebrows and tried to remember. He didn't notice that they have met before when Taeyeon ask him to meet up at a cafe before the break up.

 

"Wrong person. Sorry." He gave up and smiled sheepishly. "Tiff. We'll go now?"

"Y-Yes."

"Yeah, we have to go too." Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's hand. "See ya."

"Oh, are you two..." Nichkhun raised his eyebrows, gazing at the two girl's intertwined hand.

"Huh?" Taeyeon asked.

"Dating?"

All of them didn't talk for awhile, then Taeyeon immediately laughed. "Ahahaha well..." She scratched the back of her neck. "Yeah, we are."

 

 

Both Jessica and Tiffany dropped their jaw.

 

Nichkhun nodded and grinned to the small girl. "I see. Okay then. See ya."

 

 

Nichkhun and Tiffany left.

 

 

Jessica looked at Taeyeon in disbelief. "What are you doing?"

"I unconsciously said that." Taeyeon knocked her head with her fist.

The younger girl literally palmed her face. "Why do you put me into a difficult position? How should I face Tiffany after this? I'm a betrayer now."

"What betrayer? We're legal." 

Jessica sighed. "We don't have any other option, then."

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter