Chapter 8

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 8

[G-Dragon’s Backup Dancer Auditions – Phase 3 Cuts]

Ahn Sohee (D.S. 1)

Park Sandara (D.S 2)

Lee Ji Hye (D.S 3)

*Please go to your assigned dance studio (D.S) located on Level 2. Further instructions will follow*

 

Sohee and I walk towards the dance studios and bid each other goodbye before going into our respective dance studios. This studio is only half the size as the last dance studio we were in for phase one and two. The huge difference in size reminds me of how many girls there used to be here earlier this morning that all had the same dream to become G-Dragon’s backup dancer. It is now past 8 PM, with only three girls left. One of them being me. How did I even get this far?

I take out my phone remembering to update Sulli that I made it past phase two now. I smiled at her reply that was so full of sincerity and excitement. Just as I was typing out my reply, the door of the studio opens and walks in a girl who looks to be around the same age as Sohee. She was dressed in a sleeveless army style jacket, a huge grey t-shirt that came down to her thighs, black leggings and topped with a baseball cap.

“Hi, are you Sandara?” She walked over to me with an expectant smile.

“Hello, yes, but you can just call me Dara.” I bow my head at her politely.

“Dara! That’s really cute! I’m Chaerin but everyone calls me CL.” She smiled even brighter and embraced me in a hug. CL? Where have I heard that name before?

“So, should we get started?” She casually walks over to the stereo system and plugs in a white classic iPod.

“Started?” I ask a bit confused on who she was. She notices the confusion on my face and laughs, “Oh! I’m sorry. I’m on of G-Dragon’s female backup dancers. I’m here to teach you the choreography that you’ll be performing with him later for phase three.”

Now I remember where I’ve heard of her before. When G-Dragon was still starting out, YG Entertainment made it very clear that they only wanted the best backup dancers, and at that time, were only guys. CL was the first female dancer that was so good YG couldn’t ignore her talent and took her in. Then YG Entertainment became more open with female talent and took in two more girls just as talented as CL, Bom and Minzy.

 

I guess my mouth was open in amazement because she laughed even harder, “Don’t look so shocked, I’m not G-Dragon you know.”

“But you were the one that changed the system, female dancers in general were underappreciated before you. You are an amazing dancer!”

“Nah, I’m alright. You should really see Minzy dance, she’s beyond amazing. Too bad you didn’t get her instead. I would’ve loved to see your jaw drop even lower.”

“Instead?” Then it clicks, “You mean…?”

“Yep,” she put the iPod down after finding a song and walked towards me, “Each girl who made it through phase three was assigned one of us to teach the choreography.” She continued and told me the whole process of phase three. “Then, you perform with G-Dragon, judges collaborate then calls are made.”

Butterflies immediately awoken inside of my stomach, at the mere mention of G-Dragon’s name. In just a few moments, I will be dancing with him and I honestly don’t know if I’ll be able to do it.

“Now that you are fully updated,” CL took out a little remote and pressed a button. Music immediately filled the room and soon I hear Beyoncé’s voice singing ‘Crazy in Love’. “Lets warm up, shall we?” She winked at me.

 

~*Jiyong's POV*~

I knock on the door before entering the first dance studio.

“Ah, oppa it’s time already?” Minzy stands up from the floor and walks towards me.

“Yeah, sajangnim told me wanted me to head over first to get warmed up.” I look passed Minzy to see who was it that I was going to be dancing with first but am disappointed when I see it’s not her.

I bow slightly as I walk towards the girl I fairly recognize from the phase two auditions. If I remember correctly, she was in group two and was definitely one of the better ones. No surprise she would make the cut.

“Hello,” she bows politely, “My name is Ahn Sohee. Nice to meet you.” She has a small smile on her petite face.

“Nice to meet you as well. Thank you for working so hard to be here.” I smile my famous ‘baby boy’ smile.

 

That’s strange. No blushing, giggling, squealing, or stuttering… Now, not to be completely full of myself, but that is usually what happens to girls when I smile at them like that. But from Sohee, I get nothing but the same small smile. It’s kind of… refreshing.

“Your tricks won’t work on her, oppa!” Minzy comes over next to Sohee and hooks arms with her. “She’s not into you like that. She’s just here to dance!”

I laugh slightly embarrassed, “Oh really?”

Minzy nods enthusiastically, “Yep! She told me herself. Right Sohee unnie?” I look at Sohee who giggles while looking towards the 15 year old, “Yep, just here to do what I do best!” She doesn’t even take a second glance at me.

Interesting she’s probably one of the few girls here who are actually here to dance. My thoughts drift to Sandara, wondering what her true intentions were. Remembering the way she glances at me and blushes. The way she stiffened and stuttered when we first met at phase one, what she said when asked why she was here. All the signs were pointing to a fan girl, but the way she dances says otherwise. The way she dances shows me that she’s more than what she appears to be, but I just haven’t figured it out yet.

YG, Jae Wook, Youngbae and the rest of the guys enter the dance studio, interrupting my thoughts. “Is everyone warmed up and ready to start?” YG asks.

Both Sohee and I nod while Minzy moves towards the side of the room. We walk to the middle and position ourselves accordingly, her back is against my chest as my arms wrap around her.

 

We wait for YG’s cue to go and he finally speaks.

“Sohee and Jiyong, you may begin.”

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry again for the slow update!

Thank you to all the subscribers and comments. They really bring a smile to my face. I'll be working on Ch 9 today and strive to post it very soon!

Feel free to subscribe and comment. Let me know your thoughts!

Thank you again and love you all <3

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*