Chapter 5

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 5

“UNNIE! DID YOU SEE? DID YOU SEE MY NAME? I MADE IT!! I KNEW THEY’D LIKE ME!” Sohee kept jumping up and down making me dizzy. She continued going on and on about which move in her piece was what won them over and how the next part will be a piece of cake for her. “This is the best day of my life! Absolutely NOTHING can stop me now! And I have you to thank for that, unnie!” She gave me a tight squeeze and pulled away holding me arms length away.

“I know it must have been embarrassing for you but it’s fine now! Appa and omma said that if I made it to phase two then they would support me all the way!”

I blinked a couple of times not knowing what she meant.

“You can go home now!” Then it registered; did she not know I made it too?

I continued to just stare at her. She continued, “Aish, unnie, you don’t have to worry about me! I’m 17, almost 18 years old! I don’t need to have a baby sitter with me anymore.” Yep, she had no clue.

“Um, Sohee, I made it too.” I said simply.

Her eyes then grew wide and she let go of me, “What?!”

She doesn’t seem too excited.

“Yeah, I was the last name on the list. Didn’t you check to see if Sulli and I made it?”

She stared at me completely dumbfounded then suddenly came back to life, “How did you make it?! I mean, not to be mean unnie, you aren’t that great of a dancer.”

She turned away from me and started pacing back and forth, unsure of what to think or to do.

Confused by her reaction, I just watched her continue to pace until she stopped and walked back towards me, “But you don’t even want to be his backup dancer! Even if you made it to the next phase, you don’t have to stay!”

Hmm… I guess that’s true. My original intention of coming here was just to accompany Sohee. Why else would I want to stay?

Just as I asked myself that question, a flash of G-Dragon’s smiling face appeared in my mind but is quickly replaced by Dong Youngbae’s hateful eyes and words. Anger finds me again immediately.

“No,” this takes Sohee by surprise, “I need to stay. I need to prove something to someone.” I say firmly. Sohee began to protest until I gave her a look that she knows there is no turning back for me. She frowned and pouted, “Fine! Stay, but don’t get in my way during phase two!” Folding her arms in front of her chest, she pivots and makes her way down the hall towards the dance studio where girls are gathering for the next part of the audition.

Normally, I would’ve pinched her for that comment but I was too deep in anger to notice. Dong Youngbae. I don’t care if he’s G-Dragon’s best backup dancer. I’ll prove him wrong.


“Congratulations on making phase two of the auditions. We saw something special in all 20 of you girls and we thank you for taking the time to come today to be a part of our team.” President YG says while standing in the front of the dance studio, back against the mirror. “As you all know, phase two is important because we will be observing how you dance in a group. We will see how fast you can learn choreography and how much you stand out. A person who stands out too much is just as unwanted as a person who doesn’t stand out at all.” As he said those words, I see his eyes shift onto me.

He continues, “First, Lee Jae Wook will teach you the choreography. It is important you pay attention because he has been instructed to only go through it twice in full. Then, you will be separated into five groups of four girls. This is where things are a little different.” My ears perk up at the word ‘different’. He continues, “One group at a time will perform the choreography by just themselves… Then, will perform again but paired with the current male backup dancers of G-Dragon.”

Whispers and murmurs filled the room. I can hear some girls already giving up while others excited. This information filled me up with adrenaline. Originally, I thought Youngbae would just be there to judge again, but this is even better. There’s no way he’ll escape the wrath of Park Sandara!

“Huuhuhu.” I accidentally let out a little evil laugh catching Sohee’s attention from across the room. She gives me an annoyed ook that I return with just a goofy smile.

“I wish you the best of luck and will be back with G-Dragon to judge you on both performances.” President YG starts towards the door while Lee Jae Wook walks towards the middle of the room to introduce himself before starting the choreography.

Upon hearing President YG say G-Dragon’s name earlier, it reminded me that I would have to see him again. Perform in front of him again. And for some reason, instead of nervousness, it brought a small smile to my face.

“Alright. Everyone spread out, make sure you have enough room. I will first perform it for you so you can get the speed and flow. Then I will teach it to you, ONCE.”

The stereo’s around us come alive as the music starts playing. With just listening to the first few beats, I knew immediately that it was G-Dragon’s, ‘Shake it’. My eyes followed Jae Wook as he began moving to the song. Making sure to not miss a single movement and engraving it into my brain, I begin mimicking him in place. If I hadn’t been so concentrated in nailing the choreography, maybe I would’ve noticed that the dance studio door was open by just a crack, enough for a pair of eyes to watch my every move.

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I'm sorry again for another short chapter :( but I hope the next chapter will make up for it!

Thank you all again for reading~
Feel free to *Subscribe & Comment*

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*