Chapter 11

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 11

~*Jiyong’s POV*~

I watched as her smile completely disappeared from her face as I finished my sentence. Yeah, I was pissed. I don’t know what it was really, if it was because of what Sohee told me earlier or if it was because I didn’t like “Youngyang” and “Dara” getting too close. Maybe it was both. But at the moment, I didn’t care. It was true that I wanted to get this over with soon so I can just be alone.

I walk over to the side and begin to stretch not even bothering to look at either of them, knowing their eyes were on me the entire time.

 

Silence. Both of them were completely still.

“Well? Aren’t you going to stretch or warm up?” I glanced at her and watched as she flinched at the tone in my voice. She got up from where she was sitting and began to stretch.

After a few minutes, without even looking, I can feel her presence beside me, her warmth.

“Um…” She begins hesitantly, “Is there something wrong?”

“No.”

“Are you feeling unwell?”

“No.”

 

She’s quiet for a moment but continues.

“If you aren’t feeling well or if something is bothering you… or you are tired. We don’t have to start immediately… maybe we shou—“

“Stop?” I shoot her a glare, “Why? Too busy flirting with my friend? Or have you realized you are a talentless hack and are no match to even be on the same stage as me?” The words are out of my mouth before I can stop them. My mouth tastes bitter.

 

“Yah, Kwon Jiyong.” Youngbae’s voice is deep and full of warning. Telling me I went too far. I already know that.

“It’s okay, Youngbae…” She says her head lowered so I can’t see her face. I see her shoulders are shaking and spot a teardrop fall to the ground. My heart wrenched in pain. .

“Dara…” Youngbae notices her state and makes his way closer. But before he could reach her, she lifts her head and looks directly at me.

Her eyes were watery but behind the layer of tears there a look full of anger and determination… but also something else… something that I’m not familiar with…

 

“Fine.” She wipes hers eyes before another tear escaped. “You want to do this? Let’s do it then.” She turns and walks towards the middle of the room, leaving Youngbae and I stunned by her sudden recovery.

She looks over her shoulder and directly into my eyes. There were no more tears and no more pain. It was now clear what it was that I wasn’t familiar with earlier in her eyes. The way she was looking at me now, it was unmistakable.

“I would like to get this over with.”

It was resentment.

 

As if right on cue, YG walks in and immediately senses the tension in the air.

“Is everything alright?” He asked while looking from me to Youngbae and then to Dara.

Unable to answer, I just continued to stare back into Dara’s eyes. What? So she hates me now? But isn’t she obsessed with me? I thought she would just cry and leave. Why is she giving me such a hateful look? And god dammit, why is my chest hurting so ing much?!

She breaks our gaze, turning towards YG. “Yes, everything is fine. Just getting warmed up.”

YG doesn’t say anything while still observing all of us. Finally, I am able to pry my eyes off of Dara and begin stretching as well. Not looking bothering to look at anyone.

“Well, then.” YG takes a seat while the rest of the gang and Jae Wook enter. “Whenever you two are ready.”

 

I nod and glance over at Dara who doesn’t even bother to look me in the eye. We meet at the center of the room and she turns around with her back facing me, waiting for me to take position. I hesitate at first, unsure of what this closeness will do to me, for my heart is already beating crazy fast. Finally, I wrap my arms around her and feel her against my chest. I can’t help but think how perfectly she fits in my arms and how her scent is filling my lungs. Despite everything that just happened, this girl is still making me go insane.

 

A few minutes have passed and neither of us has begun to move. All I could feel was the rhythm of her breathing and her steady heart beat. Everything around us began to disappear from my mind. There was nothing I could focus on or think about but just the fact that she was in my arms. Then finally, she moves. Her arms that were under my embrace push my arms up and away from her, freeing herself as she moves away from me. Instinctively, my left hand grabs her wrist and turns her around making her spin into my open arms. As I try to lock her into me again, I feel her hands against my chest and forcefully push me away. Why is she trying so hard to get away from me?

 

We continue to move around each other with me trying to reach out to her, extending towards her for her to be with me. All I knew was I wanted her in my arms again. But every time I tried to get closer, every move I made, she retracted, dodged, and pushed. It was like she was always a step ahead of me.

She slowly takes a few steps back, as at the same time I took a few steps forward. Both of our eyes are locked onto each other. She was sad… hurt… betrayed… but… in love? Why is she looking at me like that?

My thoughts are interrupted when she begins to run towards me. Without a second to think, I move my body automatically and catch her. Her legs wrap around me just above my hips bones as her arms wrap around my neck. The momentum of the jump makes us spin in this position. While spinning, her arms let go and panic rises in me as I watch her lean backwards, her legs still tight around my waist, the strength in her abs are the only things keeping her from falling. Before I can grab her to pull her back up, her hands find the floor as her legs release me and I watch her do a flip before landing on her feet. What was all that? Why’d she let go of her arms? Why’d she do a flip? It is as if we were…

 

We were dancing. We were in phase three of her audition. It was all the choreography. We were dancing this whole time.

It all began to make sense. This choreography tells a story of two lovers but the man betrays the woman. She wasn’t trying to get away from me. That wasn’t real betrayal and love in her eyes. It was all an act. She was acting and I wasn’t.

 

I watched as I could now see all her actions and movement were part of the choreography. Finally getting a hold of my body, I start again, this time fully aware of the situation. We move together as one, with perfect symmetry and rhythm. The pace we were dancing at was not what I’m used to but it doesn’t matter. Every movement I made, along with hers was just right. There was a connection. Somehow without words or sounds, we were able to move completely in sync.

Before I knew it, we finally come to the ending pose with her head resting on my shoulder, her eyes fixed to the ground, finally “forgiving” me for betraying her. That was the end of her auditions.

 

The whole room filled with applause. Daesung, Seunghyun, and Seungri were giving both of us looks of amazement while whispering excitingly to each other. Jae Wook was cheering and smiling at us, almost brought to tears while YG was looking at us approvingly. Youngbae, however, was the only one not clapping or smiling. Instead, he had a look of awareness. He knew exactly what had happened to me. What Dara did to me.

I feel Dara’s head lift from my shoulder and see her bowing in the corner of my eye. YG walks over to her.

“That was a great performance. You should really be proud of yourself.” He smiled down at her.

“Thank you very much.” She bowed once more before smiling at him. Without even acknowledging me, she moves away and walks towards her water bottle at the side of the room. I suddenly feel cold.

YG’s hand gives me a bit of warmth as he places it on my shoulder, “I’ve never seen you dance that piece like that before.”

Assuming he meant the mistakes I must have made, I make up an excuse, “Ah, yes. I must have been more tired then I thought which caused me to make a few mistakes.”

“Mistakes? There were no mistakes.” YG furrows his brows. “You did everything perfectly from beginning to end. The only difference was that you danced at a different speed and tempo. Also, you had a lot more emotion. The most I’ve ever seen you dance with.” He squeezes my shoulder, “Perhaps you are improving?”

He lets go before I can respond and walks towards the door. I glance around the room, ignoring the pats and praises from my friends. Finally, I see her heading for the door, laughing with Youngbae beside her. Our eyes meet. Her smile fades and her eyes were cold, void of emotion and so different from earlier. Finally, our gaze breaks as she walks through the door and disappears.

 

Everything that just happened was all part of the choreography. She was dancing and without even realizing it, so was I. She made me act. But most importantly, YG was wrong. Just like what she did to Youngbae before, she just did to me. She made me feel, she made me forget.

She made me dance.

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
What you all have been waiting for! I'm sorry it took me so long >< but I hope this chapter makes up for it!
I'm curious on what you guys think about this chapter so please let me know!
I think that will be it for tonight, but I will be sure to update again very soon!

Thank you for all of you who were waiting patiently, subscribing, and commenting!! I look forward to reading what you guys think so far!
Love you all!
Good night!

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*