Chapter 41

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 41

~*Dara’s POV*~

“So…” I say while pouring hot tea into a mug, “What exactly happened yesterday?” I turn to Jiyong who was standing behind the kitchen counter. His eyes were on me but he seemed to be in some sort of daze.

I place the mug in front of him and lean on the counter directly across from him and wait.

Finally, he realizes that I’m expecting an answer, “Sorry, what?” He grabs the mug and brings it to his lips.

“I realized I never gave you a chance to explain why you showed up late yesterday…” I look at him expectantly.

“Hmm?” He places the mug down and looks at me confused, “You didn’t get my texts?”

I respond with the same confused face, “No? I didn’t get any texts from you.”

He searches his pockets and finally takes out his phone. I wait while he taps his screen and then turns his phone to show me. There were several texts sent to a contact named ‘Dara’:

 

Hey Dara, It’s Ji. I’ll meet you right after practice at the dance studio we practiced in last time. See you there

--

Hey. So there’s a problem at the shooting. It might take longer than I thought… I probably won’t be there until 6:30. I’m so sorry

--

Sh*t. I just got out. I’m rushing over now. I’ll be there soon.

--

I’m sorry.

--

You aren’t going to hit me are you?

--

I’m sorry.

 

“I didn’t get any of these…” I look up at him. He furrows his brows and looks searched through his phone again before turning it to me.

“This is your number right?” I look at the screen and see my contact info.

 

“Uh Jiyong…” I repeat the number in my head just to make sure. “That’s not my number.”

 

“What?!” He turns the phone back to him and looks at it closely.

“That’s not my number,” I repeat trying to hide my disbelief in how ‘human’ he really is. “It’s 0189… not 0198…”

He repeats the number out loud as I watch him, enjoying how many sides of this man I’ve seen in the past few hours.

“If this isn’t your number… who did I text?!” He bends over the counter and covers his face with his arms. “And why didn’t they at least text me back saying I got the wrong number!”

I try to stifle a laugh at how small and pitiful he looked, “Didn’t you notice I wasn’t responding?”

He raised his head just enough for me to see his eyes while his arm covered the bottom half of his face.

“I thought you were mad… and didn’t want to talk to me.”

“Why would I be mad?” I ask honestly.

“… You know…” He shifts his gaze away while mumbling.

“Know…”

“AISH!” He throws his hands up in the air then uses them to ruffle his hair, “Nevermind! I just thought you were mad and being stubborn as usual and wouldn’t reply to my text! I didn’t think I would get the number wrong!”

“Stubborn as usual?! Is that how you describe the person who had to carry you all the way here and take care of you like a little child?” I glare at him and cross my arms.

He stops, drops his hands to his side and lowers his head, “I’m sorry...”

“Psh…” I try to hide my smile by turning around to fill another mug of tea for myself. He really is just like a child.

 

“Hey… Dara…”

“Hmm?” I turn back around to face him but am surprised by our sudden closeness. He wasn’t on the other side of the counter anymore. We were face to face, just inches apart. His hands were leaning on the counter behind me trapping me in between both of his arms.

“What… is it?” I try to say as calmly as possible now reminded that he wasn’t a child… but in fact a man… a very attractive man.

His face was relaxed but blank as he stared at me. I watched as his eyes roamed my face before finally stopping with mine. He bites his lips before speaking.

 

“Do you—“

DING DONG.

I jump slightly at the sound of my doorbell.

“Ah… I-I should get that…” I look away and slip past Jiyong’s arms. I hear him sigh from behind me but ignore it as I shuffle over to the door. When I open it, I remember that I shouldn’t be surprised to see him.

“Where is that kid?” Youngbae asks looking slightly annoyed… and extremely tired?

“Eh? Oh. I mean, he’s awake… in kitchen.” I say but start to feel the blood rush to my cheeks remembering what we were like just moments before.

Youngbae eyes me suspiciously but calls out, “Yah! Kwon Jiyong.”

“Youngbae?” I feel him emerge beside me, “What are you doing here?”

“Taking your troublesome a** home.” He sighs, “I told you not to overwork yourself… you even caused Dara trouble.”

“It wasn’t any troub—“ I begin but am cut off by the glance that Youngbae gave me. It wasn’t cold or harsh, but just a look that said ‘don’t’. Was he… upset?

“Aish… I know already. Don’t have to tell me twice.” Jiyong says frustrated before turning to me, “I’m sorry again, Dara… and thanks for taking care of me.”

I somehow manage to look up at him and smile a little, “It’s no problem. I’m glad you are better now… don’t let that happen again.”

He smiles a wide boyish grin, “I won’t… I owe you one.” And gives me a quick kiss on the forehead.

“YAH! HURRY UP.” Youngbae raises his voice and throws a baseball cap and a mask at Jiyong’s face.

Jiyong merely laughs while putting the cap and mask on, making his way past me out the door.

“See you later.” I see his smile under his mask as he leaves following a grumpy Youngbae. When I no longer can see them, I finally close the door and lean my back against it. My hand reaches for my forehead where I could still feel the lingering of Jiyong’s lips. They felt different from last night. Even if it was for just a second… it was so warm and gentle.

My heart lunged out of my chest at just the thought. Omo… I place both hands firmly over my chest trying to keep my heart inside. What’s happening to me?!

 

 

~*Jiyong’s POV*~

I’ve never been more thankful for a fever before in my entire life. Although I felt like absolute hell yesterday, I feel reborn, fresh, and a new man! My cheeks were already hurting from smiling so much but I didn’t care. Jiyong, you sly dog you Kissing her on the forehead like that! What were you thinking?! But I just couldn’t help it. Since the moment she woke up and said ‘good morning’ to me, I felt like I was in heaven. The way she walked around her apartment comfortably with me there… giving me my washed shirt back neatly folded… pouring me tea in the morning… It was as if we were… living togeth—

“OUCH!” I cover the back of my head and bend over in pain at the sudden slap, “What the hell!”

“What the hell are you giggling about, you psycho...” Youngbae said while keeping his eyes on the road.

“Nothing! God, keep both hands on the steering wheel, you want to get us both killed?” I rub the pain away and glare at him. I try to take my mind back to make happy imagination but it was as if he slapped it out of me. B*stard… he interrupted my time with Dara in real life AND in my head…

 

“Hey.” He suddenly asks.

“What?”

“Did anything happen last night?”

My mood became even worse knowing exactly what he meant and why he was asking it.

“No.” I state while looking out the window. “I fell asleep on the couch, I woke up. She made me tea. That’s it.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

Silence took over when neither of us knew what else to say. Even though we weren’t saying anything, we knew each other long enough to know what each other were thinking. But we would never speak of it, in fear that if acknowledged, something must be given up.

This way we could stay oblivious to the fact that we were both crazy about the same girl.

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Here we go! Last update for tonight.
I'm super exhausted for some reason and will be going to bed.
I hope you will enjoy this chapter :)

 

As always I'm interested to see what you guys think!
Leave a comment/subscribe please!
I love you all and gnight~

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*