Chapter 43

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 43

~*Dara’s POV*~
 
“So everyone, we have an important announcement.” Jae Wook calls out to the room grabbing everyone’s attention. We all huddle around him as he steps aside, “Jiyong, you should tell everyone.”
 
I watch as Jiyong moves beside Jae Wook and smiles to everyone, his eyes landing on me last.
 
“We’re shooting a MV for ‘Breathe’.”
 
The room bursts with cheers and clapping with everyone looking at each other excitedly. I, on the other hand manage to stay still, wondering why this was such exciting news.
 
“Congrats, Ji!”
 
“What’s the theme?”
 
“Jae, have you come up with choreo for it yet?”
 
“Is there a story behind it?”
 
“Will there be a main lead?”
 
Questions come from the left and right of me as I note the definite excitement in everyone’s voices.
 
“Alright, alright. Everyone, cool it.” Jiyong laughs while trying to ease the crowd.
 
“For the choreo,” Jae Wook jumps in and takes over, “from what I’ve learned about the overall theme of the MV, it’ll be really light and fun. So what I have so far will be pretty simple. Also, Youngbae won’t be joining us for this, so there won’t be partnering.”
 
Whispers go around the room as I hear people asking where he might be and coming up with excuses for him. Even Jiyong looked a bit surprised by Youngbae’s absence. Weird… am I the only one he told?
 
“As for the main lead question, yes there will be a leading lady. The decision of who that will be will be made later on.” Jae Wook explains.
 
Everyone just nods and continues to exclaim how excited they are about the music video, what they will be wearing, where it’s going to be filmed, etc.
 
“Now that you all know what’s going on, we will get started on the choreography and filming will take place this Saturday. Let’s get started.”
 

 

The excitement from learning about the MV doesn’t die down even after practice but after overhearing everyone talking about it, I was a bit excited as well, especially about all the possible costumes, make-up, and story-lines that might go with it. It’s a whole new setting for us backup dancers, something different than on stage and in the practice room.

 
As I pick up my stuff to head out the door, Jae Wook stops me, “Hold on, Dara. YG sajangnim will be here shortly to speak with you.”
 
I look around the room to see that it’s only me and Jae Wook left.
 
“Ah, okay.” I place my bag down on the ground and wait until YG sajangnim walks into the room.
 
“Sorry to keep you waiting, Dara.” I quickly move to my feet and bow at YG.
 
“I didn’t wait long.” I reply honestly.
 
“Good. So, I’m sure you’ve heard about the MV we will be shooting for G-Dragon’s song ‘Breathe’?” I nod as I watch YG hand over a CD to Jae Wook, “And I’m sure you are aware that there is a main lead in the music video?”
 
I pause recalling that bit of information and nod, “Yes…” Realization hits me before he even has to say it.
 
“We, meaning Jae Wook, Jiyong, and myself, all agree that it would make sense for you to be the lead.”
 
“M-Me?” I stutter while looking from Jae Wook to YG sajangnim, “But I have no experience with music videos… and wouldn’t that require me to… act?”
 
YG sajangnim nods, “Yes, and that is exactly why I want you to be the lead. Don’t forget Dara that I want to find every piece of talent that you possess but aren’t aware of yet. Like I said before, I already see that you possibly have a talent in acting, that is why I think this would be a perfect opportunity for YOU to see what it’s like.”
 
I nod slightly but am still at sorts with this whole idea. Me? The main lead? That’s insane!
 
“I’ve already looked over the scenario the director has in mind for the MV. Your role is small and will require more dancing than acting. You won’t have to memorize any lines. It’s just portraying a character through facial expressions.”
 
“I’ve told YG sajangnim that you’ve been working hard with your dance training and choreography.” I look over at Jae Wook surprisingly. I thought he didn’t like the choreography this morning? “You’re already such an experienced and unique dancer. After two or three more weeks of training, there will be nothing else to really work on or fix. That’s why we think you may be ready to move onto working on other aspects of your training here. Plus, this experience is still dance-based but will ease you into acting as well.”
 
All of what they were saying was making sense. But… how can I feel ready to move on to something new when just this morning I felt that I failed as a dancer?
 
“So Dara,” YG sajangnim brings my attention to him, “What do you think?”
 
 
 
 
~*Jiyong's POV*~
 
“Jiyong…?” Dara pushed open the recording studio door slightly while peeking her head in. I turn my head away from the screen towards the door.
 
“Oh, y-yo. What’s up?” I say while remembering the conversation we had earlier before she ran off to practice because she was almost late. I pushed the chair away from the desk and swivel it so that I was facing her.
 
She makes  her way over to the couch behind me and plops herself onto it while letting out a long and deep sigh.
 
"What's with the sigh? What's wrong?" I raise one eyebrow and lean on the back of the chair.
 
"It's about the music video..." She says before letting out another sigh. Excitement builds up inside me at the news I've been waiting to hear.
 
"Oh! So? Are you doing it? Are you going to be my leading lady?" I had a cheeky smile on my face and was completely leaning against the back of the chair waiting for her answer.
 
But as her silence grew, my smile faded and disappointment took over. She didn't take it...
 
"Dara..." I sighs, "Why aren't you doing it? Didn't YG sajangnim tell you what a great opportunity and experience it'll be for you?"
 
"He did..." She answers. I ruffle the top of my head in frustration. Maybe it's because of Sohee?
 
"Then why? Is there something wrong? Are you worried about what the 'others' will think or something? If you are, you shouldn't. This is your future, Dara. You can't let others get in the way of your success." My brows furrowed and I looked at her with a serious face.
 
Silence. No? If it isn't Sohee...then?
 
"This is the perfect chance for you to test your abilities in acting as well. Wouldn't you want to see what you are really capable of? Not only that but if you appear in this music video, it's like putting one foot in the door into this industry! You will be noticed."
 
Silence. Is she scared of failing again?
 
"If you're worried about not doing well, it will be fine. The part is not only simple and short, but it's also mostly dancing and posing. Plus, didn't I say I'll be there for you every step of the way? I am your mentor after all..."
 
"Jiyong..."
 
"I even gave you such an awesome speech earlier about how amazing and capable you are and how much I believe that you will be successful! Not only that, but I really think you would be perfect for this part..." I trail off quietly, cursing myself for letting my thoughts slip out.
 
"Jiyong."
 
"Dara, I really think you should reconsider doing this. It will be such a great experience for you and I think you will grow and learn a lot from it. Like I said before, I promise I'll help you and be there for you. Aish... You really have no idea what exactly you are capable of do you? Stubborn girl..."
 
"Yah! Kwon Jiyong!" She raises her voice catching me by surprise.
 
"W-what?" 
 
"I will do it."
 
"Reconsider?"
 
"No..." I watch her roll her eyes and lean back into the couch, "I already told YG sajangnim that I would do it."
 
Relief washes over me and I rest my head on the top of the chair, "Aigoo..."
 
I look up at her trying to look annoyed, "Then why didn't you say so in the beginning?!"
 
"You were the one who jumped to conclusions... freaking out like that..." She eyes me up and down and gives me a weird look.
 
"I-I wasn't freaking out. You came in here sighing and being down, so I assumed the worst!" I gestures at the door and the couch. "Then how come you came to find me?"
 
She stands up and makes her way to the door, "I just wanted to hear you say it again..."
 
Huh? I look at her with a confused expression. "Say what?"
 
She turns and gives me a shy look just before reaching the door,  "That you'll always be there for me."
 
Now I'm really confused.
 
"Didn't I already tell you that earlier before you had to run off to practice?" I raised my eyebrow at her.
 
"I know. But I just needed you to say it again so I could give you an answer... Since I didn't get a chance to say it earlier..." She says while looking down and playing with her fingers.
 
"Oh..." I say softly, finally understanding what she means as I could feel warmth spreading all over my face, "S-so... what is it?"
 
"From now on," She looks at me before giving me a small smile, "I'm counting on you, Jiyong." Before I could make out whether or not I saw redness in her cheeks, she quickly left the room.
 
I lean back in the chair and stare off into the empty recording studio, feeling my heart racing. She's counting on me... A smile creeps onto my face at the thought. She's depending on me... I replay the last few minutes of our conversation just now, realizing that whole time she just wanted me to say those words again. I bury my face into the palms of my hands and chuckle to myself.
 
"Aish... that silly girl."

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hello everyone!
I am currently using my friend's computer to upload this update!
I'm sorry that it took me so long :(
Unfortunately, my computer is still not fixed
But hopefully things will be sorted out soon.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter
I'm sorry if this chapter isn't very good or exciting :\
But I'm looking forward to sharing with you all Dara's first MV experience :)

I love you all
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Please continue to comment/subscribe!
THANK YOU!

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*