Chapter 21

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 21

Yah. Be a gentleman and walk her home. I’ll know if you don’t.

I stare down at my phone in disbelief. That idiot Youngbae… You don’t have to tell me what to do… I know already!

I grumpily stuff my phone into my pocket before grabbing my bag.

“Well, good job today. I’ll be going now.” Dara calls out and waves goodbye to me while walking out the door.

I panic at how quick she was to leave and catch up to her.

“Ah-wait!” I call out.

She turns and looks at me questioningly, “What is it?”

For some reason, I was unable to form words again. “Uh… I…”

I quickly take out my phone and show her Youngbae’s text, “I have to take you home, or else Youngbae will murder me.”

She reads the text and smiles sweetly at the phone. I had a sudden wish that it was me she was smiling at.

 

“You guys are so silly. Well don’t worry about it. I’m fine going back by myself!” She laughs pushing my phone back to me. She brings her index finger to her lips, “I won’t tell him.” She bows her head and waves at me goodbye before walking down the hall.

I stand there as I watch her get farther and farther away from me. Her smile, her laugh, her voice… I wanted to hear more of it.

 

~*Dara’s POV*~

Stupid Youngyang… if he’s so worried about me getting home, why doesn’t he just walk with me himself. I pout but smile at the thought. I knew that would be a ridiculous and selfish request but just knowing he was worried makes me feel so warm inside.

As I step out of the YG building, I look around and start to notice how dark and empty the streets were. I gulped and looked down at my watch. Omo! It’s already so late?! We were practicing for 4 hours straight! I look up at the street again. Stupid Youngyang, his text is making me so paranoid. I shake my paranoid thoughts out of my head as I stand up straight and grip the handle of my bag tight. Don’t worry, Dara. Everything will be fine! It’s safe! Nothing is going to happen.

I start walking out through the parking lot and onto the sidewalk. See? Everything is fi— What was that?!

My ears perk up at the sound of footsteps. I stop to get a better listen but it’s quiet. I begin walking quicker this time and hear it again, matching my pace. Am I being followed?! My heart starts to race faster and faster. Calm down Sandara. You aren’t being followed. Just take a look for yourself! I nod to my inner thoughts before slowly turning my head to look over my shoulder. That’s when I see him, a man in a big oversized jacket, a mask covering more than half his face, wearing sunglasses (AT NIGHT?!), and a baseball cap.

Nevermind! You were right! You are being followed!

I quicken my pace until I’m practically running. My heart is beating out of my chest and questioning myself what exactly did I do in my life for this to happen.

 

I am jolted back when I feel someone grab a hold of my bag. “Wait, you—“

“KYYAAAHH!” I scream as I turn around, pull my bag away from the stalker and start hitting him with it repeatedly.

“GO AWAY! PLEASE, I’M STILL PURE! I HAVE A LONG LIFE AHEAD OF ME. JUST TAKE MY MONEY AND LEAVE!” I hit him after each word.

“Stop, you idiot!”

“DON’T CALL ME AN IDIOT!” I hit him twice as hard. He falls to the ground, covering his head.

“YAH! PARK SANDARA!” Eek! The stalker knows my name!

“HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NA—“ I am about to give him another blow with my bag until I realized his voice sounded awfully familiar. Oh no…

 

I throw my bag to the side and kneel down beside the curled up dragon on the ground. “Omo, what did I do?” I watch as he rubs the back of his head with his hand.

“Aish… it hurts…” He grumbles to himself. I reach out to pull down his mask and see that it really is him.

“Omo! Jiyong, what are you doing?!” I exclaim as guilt rushes over me. I help him stand to his feet and dust off his jacket.

“I should be asking you that! Why’d you start hitting me for?!” He raises his voice rubbing all the parts of his body that I hit. “And what the hell is in your bag?! It feels like bricks!”

“Well, you shouldn’t have been following me in the first place! I thought you were a stalker! And it’s your fault for wearing such a suspicious looking outfit!” I say defensively. I try to hold in my laughter but I can’t take it anymore, this whole scene was running through my mind and the thought that I just pummeled THE G-Dragon on the street with a gym bag was too hilarious.

“I wasn’t following you! I was going to take you home but you started running. And I have to wear this because I am… YAH! Stop laughing!” He stomps his feet on the ground like a kid. It just made me laugh more.

“I’m… sorry! HAHA” I can’t seem to make complete sentences anymore and tears are starting to form at the corner of my eyes.

“YAH!” He growls.

 

“Miss, is everything alright?” An elderly man comes around the corner, “I heard a scream.” He looks at both of us but his eyes linger more on Jiyong. “Is this man bothering you?”

“Eh?” Jiyong replies, shocked by the accusation. The man begins walking towards him. Uh oh. Thinking quickly, I grab Jiyong’s hand and intertwine our fingers.

“Oh no, ahjussi, it’s fine. See?” I hold up our hands and point out our connection. “This is my boyfriend. I just screamed because he dressed up like this and scared me.” I laugh awkwardly and bow towards the man. “I’m very sorry if we startled and worried you.”

The man looks at us again and then lets out a sigh of relief. “You kids… Almost gave me a heart attack. Please be more considerate next time.”

I bow again, this time pulling Jiyong’s arm so he’d bow as well, “We are very sorry, ahjussi.” I say sincerely.

“Arraso, it’s fine. I’m happy nothing is wrong.” He smiles at me before turning to Jiyong, “You.”

“Y-Yes, ahjussi!” Jiyong squeaks, almost making me want to laugh again at how stiff he was.

“Treat this young lady well. She’s a beautiful and well-mannered woman. Someone might snatch her away from you!” The elderly man scolds Jiyong.

“A-ah! Yes, ahjussi!” he bows at a 90-degree angle. The man nods at both of us and walks away.

 

As soon as he turns the corner, I relax, “Phew, that was close.” I wipe away imaginary sweat from my forehead and smile triumphantly that my plan worked. Then I realized that we were still holding hands, fingers laced.

Red. That was the color of my face in an instant but luckily it was too dark to see. I slowly turn my gaze up to Jiyong and tried to pull my hand away but he wouldn’t let go.

“Uh, Jiyong, you can let go now…” He just stared straight at the direction the old man left us.

“Jiyong…?” I ask observing his serious face that seemed to be deep in thought. Finally, he wakes up from his trance, and looks to me, smiling.

“Let’s go.” He turns around and pulls me back towards the direction of the YG building, still holding hands.

“Eh? Go? Where?” I ask trailing behind him, my eyes on the sight of our laced fingers.

“I’m taking you home. My car is back at the building.” He spoke while still looking forward.

“It’s fine! You don’t have to do that. I can walk home, really!” I try to protest but he simply ignores it.

 

Finally, we are back at the YG building and stop in front of Jiyong’s car. He opens the passenger seat door and helps me in before taking the driver’s seat. I turn to him and try to protest again even though it’s probably too late since I am already in his car.

“Jiyong, you really don’t have to go out of your way to take me home! It’s fine.” I say as convincingly as possible.

As he starts the car, he turns to smile at me. “It’s not fine,” He says, “and it’s not out of my way. I can’t let anyone else snatch you away.”

“Eh?” I ask thoroughly confused on what he means.

 

“After all, you are my girlfriend.” He winks at me.

 

EHHH?!

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Finally! An update for tonight. Again, I'm sorry that I haven't updated that much lately :(
I actually forgot how much HW I have due tomorrow so I had to take care of all of that first.
Unfortunately, this will also be the last update for tonight...
I'm sorry to leave you all hanging like this!

Hopefully I'll find time tomorrow to update again! I'll try my best!

Thank you all for the comments and new subscribers!! Please continue to be patient for me!
Continue to let me know what you guys think!! :D
Love you all and good night!!

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*