Chapter 20

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 20

~*Dara’s POV*~

The music was blasting so loud in the small dance studio that I felt like I was drowning in it, but I didn’t care. I had to wash away my anger and get that stupid dragon out of my head. I ended up retreating to the smaller dance studios to work on the choreography, but I was still so angry that I couldn’t even listen to his voice. Now I’m just dancing however I want, just doing what I do best.

I watched my body in the mirror, the way it moved to the music, my shirt now clearly soaked with sweat. I was lost in the moment, so lost that I didn’t notice Youngbae coming in.

When the music stopped, I was confused and disoriented until I saw Youngbae.

“Aish, are you trying to go deaf? Why was it so loud? And I thought you were practicing the choreography.” He motioned me to come over and took out the boxed food from the plastic bag.

There were several good reasons on why I shouldn’t and didn’t want to tell him what happened with G-Dragon, so I went with my gut.

“Ah yeah, I was but then I got stuck with one of them and thought I’d wait until you came back to help me.” I say trying not to blush.

“O-oh, really? I mean, yeah sure. I’ll help you.” Youngbae fumbles with the chopsticks before handing them to me, “Sorry, I took so long to come back, I thought you would be in the main dance studio…”

I shook my head saying that it wasn’t a problem and began eating. For some reason, things became really awkward and silent… Neither of us looked at the other but we just continued to eat thinking of something to say.

 

“So… I’m pretty sure Jae Wook is going to partner up everyone soon.”

With a mouth full of food I look towards Youngbae and tilt my head signaling him to explain.

“Well, in the past we’d be partnered up with each other, that way when there is choreography that includes partners, we’ll immediately know who to find. It makes things simple I guess.”

I nod beginning to understand as I finish up my food. Then it hits me, “Wait, but now there’s five girls including me… so does that mean someone will automatically be paired with G-Dragon?”

He thinks about my question and eventually nods, “I guess so. I mean that’s the only way it’d work out?”

I’m starting to feel a little nervous.

“So… how does this partnering process work?” I ask to see what my chances were.

“Well, in the past we had the time to see who fit who visually. See which two dancing styles were similar and also see which two looked good together…” He pauses, thinking some more, “But I guess now since we don’t have the time to do that, I’m assuming the pairing will be the same as before: Seungri with CL, Daesung with Minzy, TOP with Bom.”

“And what about you?”

He blushes a bit at my question but answers, “I don’t have one, since the one that was let go was my partner… So I guess Sohee or you get to either be partners with either me or Jiyong.”

I gulp at the thought of having to partner with G-Dragon.

 

“Youngbae-ah,” I start, noticing the urgency in my voice. “Is it possible for me to be your partner?”

He nearly chokes on his food and begins coughing. When he finally recovers, I can’t tell if he was red because he’s blushing or from the lack of air.

“Well, I… uh… I’m fine with it,” He mumbles, wiping his mouth with a napkin, “but, uh, it might be up to Jae Wook what happens…” He trails off.

I can’t help but be slightly disappointed, “Oh, alright.” But at least I still have a chance that Jae Wook won’t match me with G-Dragon…

Suddenly, I feel Youngbae’s hand against my back. I turn to look at his warm smile, “We’ll see, no need to worry about it right now. I’m sure things will work out how it should.”

I smile back at him. I really hope he’s right.


“Park Sandara.”

Oh, hell no.

G-Dragon repeats again and points at me as if picking out a toy, “I choose Park Sandara-ssi.”

He can’t be serious.

I look over to Youngbae, who is just as shocked as I am, and plead for help but he doesn’t seem to know what to do either… After all, Jae Wook gave G-Dragon the chance to choose his partner.

 

Maybe Jae Wook will protest… I think to myself still holding onto a string of hope.

“Great! Good choice Jiyong.” Jae Wook said happily and patted him on his back.

Never mind.

Jae Wook looks at me expectantly, “You are fine with that right, Dara?”

My eyes jump from the evil dragon prince to Youngbae then to Jae Wook, “Umm…”

“It would really be a great opportunity to LEARN and gain some EXPERIENCE.” Jae Wook enunciates the words ‘learn’ and ‘experience’. I guess he’s relating to me being a secret trainee.

 

Why does it have to be HIM?!

I put a fake smile on my face, “Of course, I’m honored but I just started today! I don’t know if I can match up.”

Jae Wook laughs, “Dara! Of course you are! Don’t sell yourself short. Now let’s be done with this and get back to work! Dara is now partners with Jiyong and Sohee with Youngbae.”

I look over to Youngbae who is already returning my glance. I pout a little and shrug at him and he returns a small reassuring smile. But just as I was about to turn away from Youngbae, Sohee’s face comes into view and I see her, glaring at me.

Oh… great. She’s going to kill me. I give her an apologetic look and mouth the word ‘sorry’. She stares at me blankly and looks away, giving me the cold shoulder. Ugh, it’s not like I wanted it to be like this! I would gladly trade places with her.

“Dara.” I hear the voice of evil call my name. I look at him and see him motioning me to come over so we can start learning the choreography Jae Wook is about to teach. He dares to call me so informally. I shoot him a glare before walking over next to him keeping as much space between us as possible.

This is going to be a long practice.

 

 

~*Jiyong’s POV*~

“Hey…” I whisper to her, “Come closer, we can’t do it right if you are so far away…”

She glances at me and rolls her eyes before taking just half an inch closer… still not close enough to be effective. This girl is so stubborn.

I never would’ve thought I’d have a problem with a girl who couldn’t stand to be near me… Frustrated, I grab her wrist and pull her over to me causing her to bump into my side. I smile to myself and look down at her who is now glaring at me. That’s better.

Suddenly, I feel extreme pain in my right foot and look down to see that Dara, purposely, slammed her foot on it. I try to muffle my pain but it turns into a low groan as I look at her. She shows a very fake shocked expression and covers , “Oops. Sorry.” Not sounding apologetic at all.

“Alright, I guess that’s it for now. Everyone good? Then go home and rest and see you all tomorrow morning.” We all bow at Jae Wook and yell out a ‘good work’ to everyone in the room. While I am starting to feel again in my foot, I watch as Dara rushes to her bag, packs it up, then rushes over to meet with Youngbae.

Geez, so eager to get away from me? I think sourly in my head, still annoyed that she stomped on my foot. I limp over to my own things and begin to get ready to leave.

 

“Oh, Jiyong. Dara. I want you two to stay behind and practice some more.” Jae Wook calls out.

“What?!” We both asked in sync before glaring at each other from across the room.

“Don’t ‘what’ me. Don’t think I didn’t notice you two fooling around the whole time.” Jae Wook scolded us.

“Yes…” Again, we both said in sync but didn’t dare to look at each other, in fear that Jae Wook would bite our heads off.

“Now get to it. Don’t leave until you have it done. Jiyong, you are the one who is going to be front and center, so you and Dara really have to get it together. Understood?” Jae Wook was really serious now.

“Yes…” I drop my bag and make my way to the center of the studio while passing by everyone leaving.

 

I grumpily watch Dara and Youngbae bid each other goodbye in the mirror and can only catch a bit of their conversation since they are speaking so damn quietly.

“Don’t worry… work hard… text me… you get home.” Youngbae pats her on the head before waving bye. “See you guys. Good luck!”

 

Then we were alone.

 

I see her pout before making her way next to me. Finally, we just stand side by side while looking at each other in the mirror. This allowed me to take the time to really have a good look at her. She’s actually quite small. I never noticed it before because when she dances, she appears bigger and taller. But now looking at her, her petite frame and skinny arms, she seems so fragile. Her long hair was tied up in a high messy bun with her bangs framing her porcelain face. Why have I not noticed before how beautiful she is?

“What…” She asks snapping me out of the trance her beauty put me in. I instantly begin to blush, which she catches. She covers her body, “You aren’t going to do weird things are you…”

“Yah! Who do you think I am? I won’t do anything to you!” I say defensively.

She eyes me suspiciously, while backing away from me slowly. I stare at her in disbelief. This girl… Really? I ruffle my head in frustration before squatting on the ground.

“I’m sorry, okay? About… earlier… Something just came over me and I wasn’t in the right state of mind. I made assumptions without knowing you and I shouldn’t have. I’m sorry.” I say all in one breath while covering my face with my hands.

 

Things are silent for a while and almost made me think she left the room until I feel her presence in front of me. I move my hands away and see her extended hand in my face. Looking up at her, I see that her face is blank but in her eyes, there was forgiveness and warmth.

“Come on, let’s get started. We both need to be here early tomorrow.” Then I finally see her perfect smile. I grab her hand and can’t help but notice the warmth it spreads through my entire body. She pulls me up so that we are now face-to-face, hands still connected.

“Let’s work hard together… Jiyong.” She smiled again.

My heart did flips and spins at hearing her say my name. I couldn’t help but let out a smile as I squeezed her hand in agreement.

 

“Together.”

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Woooo!! So happy to see so many comments this morning and new subscribers! 
Hope you guys enjoyed this update :) and I have a feeling you guys are going to like the next chapter ^-^

Thank you for all the love and praises! I really enjoy writing for all of you awesome people.
Please keep commenting, subscribing, reading! Let me know your thoughts!

Love you all.  <3

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*