Chapter 59

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 59

~*Jiyong’s POV*~

“Hey!” I call out into the dance studio, “Has anyone seen or talked to Dara today?”

The girls and guys exchange looks shrugging or shaking their head. “Nope, none of us have.” CL says curiously.

“Have you tried the recording studio? It seems like unnie has been there a lot.” Minzy says thoughtfully.

“Already did, I was just there.” I say while shaking my head and try to come up with more places she could be.

“Why? Is something wrong with Dara noona?” Daesung asked slightly hesitant. I notice every one else is beginning to pick up my nervousness so I quickly shake it off.

“No, it’s nothing. I just wanted to talk to her about something, that’s all. I’ll keep looking, thanks guys!” I quickly make my exit and take another lap around the building.

 

Where is this girl? I think to myself while scanning every nook and cranny. Did something happen? My thoughts go back to the text she replied with last night. It was so short and curt, as if she was upset. I texted her back but she still hasn’t replied. While searching, I try and call her for the nth time this morning but once again, she didn’t answer. I swear under my breath as I’m starting to lose my patience and mind. I run my fingers through my hair as I try to think what could possibly result in her disappearing like this.

 

All the comments and articles online.

 

“…” I hiss, not wanting to believe that might be the cause. Did she not even come today? My feet start picking up speed as I make my way to the ground floor. Various scenarios start running through my mind. Images of her in front of her laptop frowning, or worse, crying was enough to make my heart twist in pain. I think back to the last time harsh words were thrown at her after the ‘Breathe’ MV, how she pushed everything away. Even me.

I curse again as my feet begin skipping steps down the stairs. Is she going to leave me again?

I finally reach the first floor but just as I spot the main entrance of the building, I hear music being played further down the hall near the smaller dance studios.

Oh, of course… I’m a little ticked I didn’t think of this place sooner but head over as quickly as possible. I come to a stop right in front of the dance studio that Dara and I have shared both good and bad memories in and listened to the music being played while slowly opening the door.

Relief crashes over me when I see her small petite figure sitting in the middle of the room with her notebook opened in front of her. Her head is bobbing to the music as she twirls a pencil in her hand. But I can’t bring myself to be too relieved yet. It takes her a moment but I watch as she feels my presence and looks up at my reflection in the mirror.

“Oh! Jiyong!” She says cheerfully before standing up to turn off the music. “What are you doing here?”

I make my way towards the middle of the room, my eyes locked on her until she finally turns around and smiles at me. That’s when I notice how puffy and red her eyes were.

“Jiyon—“ Before she could finish, I reach for her face and cupped it with both of my hands. Our faces just inches apart, I take a closer look at her eyes and they were without a doubt the eyes of someone who had cried herself to sleep.

“Jiyong… what are you doing?” She asks with a smile on her face. I don’t understand it. The smile she has on right now is so different from the condition her eyes were in. How could she be smiling like this?

Without saying anything, I pull her towards me, enveloping her in a hug. She felt so small and fragile in my arms, making me want to protect her even more. For a while, her arms stay hanging by her side, but eventually make their way around my back and I can feel her snuggling closer to me.

 

“You saw everything?” I say more as a statement since I couldn’t think of anything else that would cause this.

I feel her nod against my chest, “Last night…” She says before sighing.

My heart constricts at the thought that this whole time she was dealing with it alone.

“Was this before or after you texted me back last night?” Even though I ask, I’m pretty sure I know her answer.

“Before.” I feel her grip the back of my shirt as if knowing what I was going to do next.

I pulled back slowly, keeping both hands on her shoulders to make her look at me. I get a good look at her eyes again and can’t help but frown. Anger was rising inside of me, as I think about all of those comments written about Dara. And now she had seen them, making me want to wipe out every person who wrote such things.

“Why didn’t you tell me? Didn’t I say to call me whenever you needed to talk?” I try to mask my frustration.

She stares at me longingly and then to my surprise, breaks out into a soft smile, “There was nothing that needed to be discussed.” She places a hand on mine and squeezes it, as if to reassure me.

“I’m fine now, Jiyong. I’m not going to lie, what I saw last night… hurt a lot.” She smiled bitterly at the memory. “I kept thinking, ‘what did I do to deserve such hateful words’?”

 

I clench my jaw as I remember wondering the same thing when I saw those comments about her. And there was only one answer in my mind: it’s my fault.

“It took me a while to figure it out. I came up with a whole bunch of silly reasons like ‘I’m not good enough to be in this industry’, ‘I’m too ugly’, and… ‘I fell in love with the wrong person’.” I flinch at her words but she squeezed my hand again while glancing up at me, signaling she had more to say.

“But in the end, I’ve realized it was none of those reasons. It was because I am striving and working hard to become something some people only dream about becoming. I was given an opportunity to do something that others wish they could do. And… I fell in love and am loved in return by a person who others can only dream about being with.” She smiles brightly at me as I see this newfound confidence bloom within her.

“No matter what I do or what happens. There’s always going to be someone who will be angry, criticize, and hate me. But there will also be people who will support and love me enough that will make everything worth it.” I stare at this girl in awe seeing her strength.

“From now on,” She continued, “that is the life I’m choosing to pursue. No matter what.”

I continued to stare into her eyes, not sure of what I was looking for. But eventually, I pull her in for another hug and nuzzle my head into the crook of her neck.

“I thought… you were going to leave…” I voice honestly, pulling her in closer to me. I hear her giggle as she wraps her arms around me.

“Of course not.” She pauses, “Besides, you still need to make up for what you did to me yesterday.”

 

Despite the serious mood, she somehow was able to make me smile as if nothing was wrong to begin with. I slowly pull myself back and see her annoyed but smirking face.

“That’s right. You’re not getting out of this one, Kwon. Ji. Yong.” She says slowly and dangerously, making me gulp.

But an idea pops into my mind with perfect timing.

“Okay.” I say simply, clearly catching her by surprise by how willing I was.

“O-okay?” She raises her eyebrow at me. I nod with an indifferent expression on my face. She eyes me skeptically, before suddenly grabbing my face between her hands, “Are you sick?” She says as if extremely concerned.

I brush her hands away, “Yah, I’m not sick. Can’t a boyfriend keep his promises to his girl?”

She still watches me carefully, “What’s the catch…?”

“There’s no catch.” I reply simply, but can’t help my smile from slipping through, “But like I said, I will be sure to make it up to you in every way possible.” I emphasize the word ‘every’.

She studies my face skeptically but suddenly, her eyes widen and blush begins to rise on her cheeks. She wraps her arms around the front of her, as if concealing herself, “Yah, y-you , you weren’t t-t-thinking…”

I almost couldn’t stop my jaw from dropping as I watch her look at me as if I grew two heads. “Yah,” I say steadily, “You’re the one who’s being erted. I wasn’t even thinking of anything like that.”

She blinks a few times before finally putting her arms down to her side, “Oh.” She says while looking down.

“Is that disappointment I hear?” I smirk while raising my eyebrow at her. There her face goes, completely red, as she shakes her head vigorously. It took all of my power not to laugh.

“What were you thinking then?” She asked, trying to change the subject while pouting.

“For the next two days, give me all of your time.” I grin while seeing the confusion rise on her face. “During that time, I’ll make it up to you.”

“Eh? Why for these two days? Don’t you have work to worry about?”

My smile falls a little, “I have to go to Japan in two days for promotional work, so I sort of get the next two days off.” I don’t bother telling her the details since it would only do her more harm than good.

I see her face drop at the news but slowly come to accept it, “Oh… I see.” She pouts, “You only have two more days left here? How come you didn’t say so sooner…?” She mumbles, clearly disappointed.

“I’m sorry. I forgot about it until last night.” I give her an apologetic smile and take hold of her hand. Her feelings were so clearly written on her face, it was irresistibly cute.

“When will you be back?” Her eyebrows furrow while looking up at me. I was hoping she wouldn’t ask this question.

“It’ll just be for a bit. I don’t know exactly how long, but I’ll be back before you know it.” I lie while trying to hide the bitterness of my smile. Luckily, she didn’t notice and a smile was placed on her face again, trusting in what I said was true.

“Okay then.” She says shyly while playing with my fingers in her hand. “For the next two days, I’m yours.”

 

 

 

~*Dara’s POV*~

“Wait,” Jiyong suddenly stops me by grabbing onto my hand, “where are you going?”

I look back at the dance studio door before looking at him, “To practice.” I state obviously.

I was expecting him to let go of my arm so I tried walking again but his hand didn’t budge. When I looked back at him questioningly, I saw that a deep frown was set on his face.

“For the next two days you’re mine remember?”

“But I still have to practice and train.” I say slightly amused and shocked that he meant literally every hour. “I’m still just a trainee with a lot to learn! Just because you’re on a break doesn’t mean I’m not.”

He stays silent for a minute, knowing very well that I had a point but quickly makes a decision. “Fine. Go in first.” He lets go of my wrist and smirks, “Then let Jae know I’ll be joining. Let me just go get a change of clothes.”

“Eh?” This time it was my turn to grab his wrist, stopping him from taking another step, “What do you mean you’re joining? No,” I shake my head, “you can’t join in on my training.”

“Why not?” He is back to a frown as I try and think of a good excuse.

“B-Because…” He watches me carefully as my mind was working a mile per minute but eventually give up in being creative, “because you’re going to just distract me!” In various ways. “If you’re there, I won’t be able to train and improve properly!”

That egotistical smirk was on his face again as he takes a slow step closer to me, “Distract you…?” He says slowly, “How would I distract you?”

I feel fire in my checks and quickly push him away, “Y-Y-Yah! Just don’t come! Go and find something else to do while I’m busy!”

Despite my complaints, he still had that smirk on his face and was closing in on me again knowing fully well his affect on me. But before he could try to win me over with his touch and gaze, a light bulb went off in my head.

 

“Soy sauce crab paste!” I quickly squeak making him stop in his tracks.

I take a look at his face and see there was a frown again that slowly turned into an annoyed pout, almost like a little kid. Without another word, his shoulders slumped and he sulked while dragging himself away and down the hall.

A bit surprised it actually worked, a slow smile creeps onto my face and I can’t help but giggle, “Thank you!”

He grumbles something I couldn’t quite catch but speaks up near the end, “Call me when you’re done!”

As I watch him turn the corner, I finally head into the dance studio seeing Jae Wook already setting up his iPod at the stereo system at the back. I give him a quick bow and place my things in the corner.

“You sure look happy,” Jae says with a smile, “Did something good happen?”

“Ohh nothing~” I say in a singsong voice while shaking my head. He shrugs and instructs me to start stretching before we begin. All the while I’m still smiling with triumph thinking back to earlier in the smaller dance studio. Looks like this will come in handy after all.

 

~*Flashback*~

“Okay then. For the next two days, I’m yours.” I can feel the blush on my cheeks and the suddenness of vulnerability making me play with his fingers.

“Really?!” A wide grin forms on Jiyong’s face as I see the excitement in his eyes. I smile back but then lift up one finger that he curiously glances at.

“On one condition.” I process the words in my head before speaking, “Just to make sure what happened yesterday never happens again, whenever I ask you to do something you HAVE to do it.”

“Eh?!” His exclaimed with a ‘you’re kidding’ look on his face. “But I’m already going to make it up to you for the next two days!”

“This is addition to that.” I cross my arms over my chest and stand my ground. “You thought I would let you get off the hook that easily? Now, accept your punishment!”

“No way,” He shakes his head vigorously, “that’s too risky. Who knows what you’re going to do to me.” He shuddered at the thought.

“Well, you should’ve thought of that before you decided to abandon me.” I turned away from him and stuck my nose in the air with a ‘hmph’. “Then I’ll just fill up my schedule for the next two days with something else.”

He sighs deeply and I can hear him ruffling his hair in frustration, “Aish! Fine, fine fine. But I’m only agreeing if I get a reward for completing whatever it is you’ll make me do.”

I look over my shoulder at him with a raised eyebrow, “Reward? What kind of reward?”

He takes a moment to think before I see his eyes light up and a wicked smile appears, “A kiss.”

My face immediately flushes and I whip my body around to face him, “What!”

“When you ask me to do something, and I do it, you have to reward me with a kiss.” He explains while his eyes are twinkling and raising his eyebrows up and down, “Deal?”

When did he get control over this situation?! This is supposed to be HIS punishment. I glare at him while carefully considering this arrangement. A kiss is no big deal. I can make him do whatever I want and in the end just give him a peck. It’s no big deal! I’ll make it work!

“F-Fine!” I agree slightly flustered, “BUT, because you are getting rewarded, it will only count towards specific requests. I won’t reward you every time.”

“Then how will I know when I’ll be rewarded?” He asks with the look of satisfaction clearly on his face.

“Um… when…” I rack my brain for ideas, “Ah! You will only be rewarded when I say ‘soy sauce crab paste’!”

[[A/N: The actual phrase real life Jiyong uses is ‘ganjang gejang’ which means soy sauce crab as in the Korean dish. However, because we Applers are more familiar with the phrase ‘soy sauce crab paste’, I will use this phrase instead :)]]

“Soy sauce crab paste?” He asks curiously, “Why?”

“Because…” I begin slightly embarrassed, “I’ve been craving it all day… and was going to ask if we can eat some for dinner tonight. It can be like the stamp of our agreement, eating soy sauce crab!”

He stares at me with a dumbfounded look before bursting out laughing making me feel even more foolish.

“Yah! Stop laughing! Do you agree or not?!” I hit his shoulders as if it would make him stop.

“Arraso arraso!” He manages to say between laughs. He focuses on me and wipes tears from his eyes, “And we’ll eat it tonight as a reward for your creativity.”

I growl and hit him again before he burst into his second round of laughter.

~*End of Flashback*~


 

“Thank you for today! Good night Jae!” I bow and wave before rushing out the door after practice. I let my feet guide me along the hall as my hand rummages through my bag for my phone.

I wonder where he is… but am soon distracted by the fact that I still couldn’t find my phone. I stop and carefully look through my bag this time but it really wasn’t there. My brain tried to rewind to the last place I saw it and takes me back to last night when I tossed it aside after replying to Jiyong’s text. Ah… I probably left it at home. Feeling a little better knowing that I didn’t lose it, I begin my search for Jiyong again.

I finally find him sitting in one of the lounges playing on his phone, clearly in a sulky mood. However, before I could make it all the way too him, he notices me right away, stands up and covers the remaining distance between us with long strides.

“Hey, sorry were you waiting lon—“ I am cut off as he stops in front of me abruptly and points to his mouth.

“Eh?” I am taken aback but he points at it again, this time leaning slightly lower and closing one eye while keeping the other on me.

Finally, I realize he’s waiting for his reward. “Jiyong! We’re at YG, what if someone sees us?” But he doesn’t budge as if telling me he’s not going to do or say anything until he’s rewarded.

With a frustrated sigh, I look around quickly to see if the coast is clear before giving him the fastest peck on the lips. Even though it was literally a millisecond, I didn’t fail to feel the warmth and tingly sensation shoot through my body.

When I pull back, I am welcomed by his killer gummy smile as he brings himself upright.

“Much better.” He says with complete satisfaction. I only manage to blush.

 

“Before we go anywhere,” I change the subject quickly, “I realized I left my phone at home.”

“So that’s why you didn’t pick up any of my calls today.” He sighs before flicking me lighting in the middle of my forehead. “Do you need it?”

“Yeah… I’ll feel more comfortable if I have it with me.” I say apologetically as I watch him frown. “Plus, I need to take a shower and change.”

“Aish… this girl…” He sighs and runs his hand through his hair, “Fine, fine. I guess this works out better anyways. When you’re done, meet me at my place. I’ll have dinner set up there too.”

“Eh? You’re place?” I begin to feel anxious for several reasons, “Wouldn’t that be too dangerous with all the reporters?”

“It’ll be fine. Most of it should die down by tonight.” He thinks thoughtfully, “Plus, not a lot of people know exactly where I live so it shouldn’t be a problem. Just be careful and cover yourself up well.”

My nerves go down slightly but I just nod in the end, “Alright…” We walk our way towards the main entrance of the YG building.

“I’ll head out first. Let me know when you’re on your way to my place.” He says while putting on his sunglasses. I nod in response and wait as I watch him make his way out the door. But before he is completely outside, he turns and smiles to me.

“By the way, bring whatever you need for tonight.” I tilt my head, confused on what he meant, “We’re making up for all the time we lost today, so you’re sleeping at my place tonight.”

And with that the doors closed behind him, leaving me standing there in complete shock and my jaw half way down to the floor.

“WHAT?!”


 

The whole elevator ride up, I couldn’t help but keep checking my reflection in the mirrored walls. My hair was down and still slightly wet from showering earlier but was covered with the beanie Jiyong had given me. I was wearing a simple black t-shirt with washed out ripped jeans and converse shoes. Unfortunately, despite taking almost an hour to decide what to wear, this was what I came up with in the end.

It doesn’t matter! It’s not like there’s anything I should be dressing up for! I try and convince myself while subconsciously glancing at the bag slung on my shoulder carrying my (nicer) pajamas and a change of clothes for tomorrow.

From the time I reached home till now, I had kept trying to text Jiyong that I wasn’t going to stay over but ever time I was about to send it, I would delete it out of embarrassment. What’s so bad with sleeping over at your boyfriend’s place? We’ve slept together even before we were official and nothing happened! Nothing will happen!

The ping of the elevator woke me up just in time for the doors to open revealing the entrance to Jiyong’s apartment. The moment I stepped out, his front door opened abruptly making me jump.

“Yah, what took you so long? Even the food got here before you.” Jiyong complained. I gulped ignoring his question, as I felt instantly hotter when I saw that he was wearing a sleeveless black top, showing the muscles on his arms, with black skinny jeans.

“S-Sorry…” I mutter, diverting my eyes from his body and hastily took my shoes off.

He moved to the side to let me pass as I quickly scurry into the apartment.

“Did you run into any trouble at the front?” He asked while closing the door.

With the change of topic, I was able to settle my nerves. “Nope, it was actually completely empty down there. I still covered my face up though just in case.”

As I turned to face him, my blood pressure rose again when I realized he was standing right in front of me with a sly grin. I could feel the heat emanating off of his body, making my hair stand on end.

“You still wear my beanie.” That’s when I realized his eyes were at the top of my head. Slowly, his hands move to where he was looking at and began to adjust my beanie for me so that the brand was facing towards the side. I was so sensitive to the warmth of his fingers and could feel them through my hair.

Satisfied, he pulls back and gives me a once look over before smiling, “I think it looks better on you than it did on me.”

“O-O-Of course!” I blush and gaze straight ahead at his chest, which was an even worse idea since I could see the way his neck merged with his collarbones and suddenly had the urge to lic— OHMYGAHD. GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, PARK SANDARA.

 

I hear a smirk and slowly look up at his face that screamed ‘I know what you’re thinking’. “Is there… something you want?” He said with a playful tone.

The temperature of my body just keeps rising as my short-circuited brain tries to think of something witty to say back. But eventually, I just find myself nodding. I see his face flicker with surprise but then quickly replaced with that same cocky grin, “What is it?”

I notice the dryness of my lips before speaking, “Food.” I say quickly and immediately turn towards the direction of the dining room, escaping successfully. I breathe a sigh of relief but don’t dare to turn around to look at him as I hear him stifle a laugh.


 

“Omo!” I gasp and place both hands over my mouth as I stare in awe at the TV screen. My eyes are glued to the little boy wearing a puffy white jacket and a cap slightly tilted on his head. “You are so young here!!”

After dinner and cleaning up, we were now sitting on the floor of the living room going through the random DVD collections Jiyong had stashed away. Good thing I had sharp eyes to spot them or else I wouldn’t have been able to see such gold! Right now, it was a music video of a tiny G-Dragon rapping “My Age is 13” and I couldn’t help but be amazed by how young he had started out.

“You wrote this yourself?!” I asked while listening carefully to the lyrics.

“Yeah.” He says almost nervously, “Pretty bad, huh?”

I shake my head, “No! It’s really good! For someone so young, you were able to come up with something like this! It’s amazing!” I look at him with complete enthusiasm. For a second, I think I can see his cheeks flush but he turns his attention back to the screen and awkwardly coughs before I can confirm it.

“It’s alright,” He smiles softly as I see the reflection of the screen move in his eyes, “I can write much better stuff now.” The expression on his face was soft and seemed almost relaxed.

After getting to know him for a while and being able to watch when he worked, I can now see the slight changes that happen when his mind is only on music. The way his eyes seem to glaze over, his whole body releases tension, his lips usually curved into a small content smile, and I feel like I can almost see music flowing through his ears. Being able to notice and see these small behaviors of his makes me remarkably happy.

 

My thoughts are interrupted when I realize that he’s staring back at me now and the video had ended. Quickly, I divert my attention back to the rows of CDs where we pulled the last video from. My eyes catch on one that has ‘Ggo Ma Roora’ written on it.

“What about this one?” I pick it up and show it to him. I watch him read the writing and then wince.

“Oh that…” He says with a sigh, “I think I was six years old? We had to dance and sing to that song ‘The Angel Who Lost Wings’ by Roo’ra.”

“Six?!” I exclaim with excitement, “We HAVE to watch this one. Can we?” I look at him with pleading eyes, which he just sighs and nods in response.

I squeal happily while replacing the previous CD with the one I was holding into the DVD player. I sit back and hug my knees to my chest as I wait for the video to load. Finally, the screen shows a small set as four small children run to the center of it.

“Oh god…” I hear Jiyong mutter with dread. I glance to Jiyong who I notice is already covering his face with his hands before returning my attention back to the screen.

The music starts without zooming in on the kids’ faces but the voice already sounds a little too familiar. The camera zooms in closer and I can see that there are two boys and two girls jumping and dancing with all their energy. A wide smile was already spread onto my face as a close up on one of the boys appeared. He was wearing a baggy grey-ish black suit jacket with a matching baggy pants and a striped beanie. Once I saw that baby face of his, I couldn’t help it.

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAH!” I squealed almost to the point of laughing as I pointed at the little Jiyong. “That’s you!!” Now I was definitely laughing but tried hard to keep my eyes open and on the little dragon at all times. He is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!

 

Just when I thought I had control of my giddiness, I let out another squeal when little Jiyong began to sing along with his little hand gestures and his mini ‘swag’.

“You haven’t changed at all!!” I tap repeatedly on Jiyong’s arm while still keeping my eyes on the screen.

“I should’ve never let you watch this… YAH, you’re hurting my ears!” He tries to brush away my excessive tapping while I squeal every time little Jiyong had a close up.

“Do you still remember this song and dance?” My cheeks were getting sore from all the smiling but the more I watched the video, the harder it was to NOT smile.

“Sort of. I mean watching it now makes me remember most of it.” He says with a bored tone.

My eyes pull away from the screen towards him with an idea. If it were possible, I believe my smile grew even bigger just thinking about what I was about to ask him.

“Jiyong…”

 

“What?” He looks back at me. At first, he’s completely oblivious but soon realization hits him as he shakes his head. “No. Absolutely not.”

“Pleeeassseeee!” I whine and turn to face him, “I want to see it live!”

“No. There is no way I’m doing it.” He crosses his arms in a huge ‘X’, “Forget about it.”

I pout and try my best attempt of puppy-dog eyes but it has no affect on him. He’s against doing it that much?!

“Well,” I say before crossing my arms and giving him a knowing smile, “Then I guess I’ll just have to…”

His eyes grow wide, “Don’t you dare, Dar—“

“Soy sauce crab paste!” I state firmly and watch his jaw drop. For a second, I smile triumphantly knowing there was no way he could den—

“N-No!” He repeats, “I’m still not doing it.”

Now it was my turn to gawk at him.

“Are you refusing my soy sauce crab paste request?!” My voice rises throughout the sentence.

“Yes! Doing that will be pure torture!” He retorts back firmly. I gasp in horror as if he had said something absolutely appalling. We stare at each other so intently, as if laser beams were projecting out of them, neither one of us standing down.

 

“Fine. Don’t do it then.” I say before turning my body completely around so that my back was facing him and putting on my best possible poker face.

“Hey…” He mumbles as I feel him inch closer to me. “Dara-ah…” He places a hand on my shoulder but I brush it off immediately. “I just can’t do it… it will completely strip the man out of me.”

I remain silent and cross my arms in front of my chest. “Babe…” He gets even closer spreading out both of his legs on either side of me and about to wrap his arms around me. “Don’t be mad.”

Quickly, I get to my feet and take a step away from him. “Since you broke our agreement, I guess that just means I don’t have to keep up my end of the deal. I’m going home.” Of course I wasn’t going to leave just yet. I waited a few more minutes to get some kind of reaction from him.

“What?!” He exclaims while rushing to his feet as well. It was hard to push down my triumphant smile. Bingo.

“You’re really going to go home? Just because I won’t do this one thing for you?” His voice was a mix of disbelief and maybe a hint of exasperation. I didn’t dare to look at him though, afraid it might break my act.

“We made a deal and we even ate soy sauce crab tonight commencing this agreement.” I say with a serious tone despite the silliness of the context. “Since it seems this agreement has been broken, I don’t see why I need to stay here any longer.”

Things were silent for a while as I can feel my plan working. But just as I think he was going to crack, he speaks, “Fine.” And just like that I watch him walk past me, out of the living room and down the hall towards his bedroom, slamming the door shut.

“What?” I mutter to myself with disbelief, “He’s really just going to let me go? Just like that?!” The longer I thought about it the more angry I got. How could he give up so easily?! “And worse of all he broke the soy sauce crab agreement!” I stomp my feet and glared towards the hallway.

I angrily stomp over to the dining room where I left my things, “Fine, if that’s the way he wants to be. I’m really leaving…” But just as I reached my bags and was about to pull them onto my shoulder, I hear a familiar song spreading throughout the apartment. I glance over at the TV in the living room and see that it was still paused. I focus more on where the music is coming from and notice that it’s coming from down the hall.

Placing my bags back down, I move towards the hall to get a better view and see speakers that were placed on the floor at the very end next to Jiyong’s room. Oh my god… he’s really…?

Before I could break into a smile, Jiyong suddenly slides out of his room now wearing a puffy black jacket and a baseball cap tilted to the side, just like when he was younger. I covered my gaping mouth with my hands as I watched this 21 year-old man dance like when he was six years old.

[[A/N: Open this in a NEW WINDOW. If you haven’t watched this yet, you are about to witness an explosion of cuteness that will, without fail, smack a smile on your face. Video On. Enjoy ^^.]]

 

He kept his eyes towards the ground the whole time as he danced and sung to the song, his matured voice mixing with the voice of his younger self. I could feel a squeal trying to crawl out of my throat but tried to suppress it as best as I could, afraid I might miss something from this rare sight.

My eyes couldn’t help but roam all over his body as he danced, moving his hips side to side. It was absolutely ridiculous… but surprisingly hot. When six year-old Jiyong danced, it was adorable but now watching the older version of him dance he was still able to make such simple moves so cool.

As he started rapping, his voice cracked a little as he tried to rap along with the higher pitched voices. Our eyes met as he continued but he quickly used his free hand to cover his face making me laugh. Soon, I found myself completely entranced by his performance that I was clapping to the music and smiling goofily at him.

Finally, the song came to an end and he hit the last beat by punching his fist into the air before sinking into a squat and hiding his face in his hands. I quickly rushed to his side and bent down to his level, still with my goofy and completely satisfied smile.

“Jiyonnggg!” I chuckle happily while placing my hand on his arm. He tries to nudge it away and waddles away from me, his hands still covering his face. Ahhhh, he’s so cute!! “Jiyong, look at me. Come on.” I say while rubbing his back.

I watch as he slightly peaks one eye from behind his fingers to look at me. “That’s it, come on. Show me your face.” I grin at him. He slowly turns back around to me. Taking this chance, I grab his hands and pull it away from his face and am welcomed by the reddest face I’ve ever seen Jiyong have.

I bite my bottom lip to suppress my laugh as I see him frown at me, “Happy now?” He asks obviously annoyed with a hurt pride. I giggle while nodding my head one too many times. “Extremely happy.”

As promised, I lean in and press my lips to his but keep it there a little longer than last time. When I pull back, his eyes were wide and I think he might have gone a darker shade of red. “Your reward.” I explain not bothering to hide my own redness in my cheeks.

The dazed look on his face fades away as the corner of his lip slightly curves up. “You drive me crazy.”


 

I think HE is the one that is making me crazy. I think to myself as I stand nervously at the edge of his bed. Finally, it was the moment I’ve been dreading since I got here.

“What are you doing just standing there?” He says with a knowing smirk while lying on one side of the bed. He was changed into a white shirt and pajama pants and his blonde hair almost dry now. “Get in bed.”

My heart jumps at the word ‘bed’ as uneasiness flows through my blood. I shake my head, “A-A-Actually, I think I’ll just sleep on the couch.” I say while taking a step back. But before I could fully turn around and retreat, I feel his hand around my wrist as he tugs me off my center and I fall onto the bed.

When my brain finally catches up to what just happened, I realize that I was on my side and fully pressed up against him and his arm was resting over my body. The heat from his arm burning against my own bare skin made me suddenly aware of how little the pajamas I was wearing covered my body. Usually, my pajama is a shirt and shorts but for some (dumb) reason, I decided to bring my nicer pajamas: matching baby pink spaghetti strap top and frilly bottoms.

“Comfy?” I feel his breath tickle my ear making me jolt and push him away.

“Y-Yah!” I manage to sit up and cover my still tingling ear with my hand, “Don’t do that!”

“Don’t do what?” He leans on his elbow, elevating his upper body while looking at me.

“You know…” I am cut off as I watch his eyes begin to run over my body, as if taking in every little bit of me. It was so intense that I could feel the heat from his stare. I quickly grab the blankets and wrap myself up into a ball, not caring if I was using the whole thing. “Don’t do that either! If you keep this up, I’m really sleeping on the couch and taking this blanket with me!”

He chuckles as he tries to pull the blanket away from me, “Okay, okay. I’ll stop.” The more he tugged the more I resisted, “Come on, I’m getting cold.”

Hearing that, I pout and ease my grip on the blankets allowing him to take just enough to cover himself with. “Now lie down.” He pats the space next to him invitingly. “I promise I won’t do anything.”

I hesitate for just a moment but eventually give in to the craving of wanting to be beside him. I kept my eyes on him to make sure he wasn’t planning anything sneaky as I lowered myself down onto my side so that I could see him clearly.

He also turned to his side to face me while wearing a smile. “Good rabbit. Now stay.”

My brows furrow and I was about to say that I wasn’t a pet but he had already edged in closer to me, closing the gap that was between us. My words and breath caught in my throat as I felt how close he was, but I couldn’t move. His eyes slowly closed and his face began to relax.

“Don’t move away,” he says quietly making my heart skip a beat, “I can’t sleep without you near me.”

I blush and weakly nod even though he couldn’t see me since his eyes were still shut. But I see him smile meaning that he probably felt it. As we laid there in silence facing each other, I couldn’t help but gaze at his face, trying to memorize every curve and line.

It surprised me how flawless and smooth his skin was but I guess it’s required to have such good skin being an idol in the public eye. I let my eyes wander from his forehead down to his eyes, noticing his short but thick set of eyelashes, making it appear as if he was wearing eyeliner. I also never noticed before the small crows feet at the corner of his eyes, it made me smile knowing that it’s forms whenever he smiles. But, along with those signs of happiness there were also the bags and dark circles under his eyes. Before I could stop myself, my fingers were already light tracing the space underneath his eyes. I stopped abruptly, worried that he might be awake but he doesn’t budge to my touch. I watched his chest move up and down in even movements before deeming it safe to say he was asleep.

I pull my hand back as I continue my adventure down his face. My eyes land at the space between his nose and lips where I see one or two little stubbles of hair. “Omo…” I whisper to myself and smile. I lean back to take in the whole view of his face and try to imagine him with a mustache and beard but an image can’t come to mind. Regardless, he was still undeniably handsome making me sigh with wonder. Finally, my eyes come down to his lips and observe how pink and soft they looked.

Unconsciously, I my lips as I continued to stare and can’t help but think back to all those moments of those lips on mine. Just as they looked, they were incredibly soft and warm as if it could spread that same warmth through the entirety of my body. As a result the sudden craving hit me, making me want to feel that warmth again.

I glance up at his eyes, double-checking to see that they are closed, before inching myself closer and closer to him. I stop when I feel our body heat merging with one another and gaze up at his lips again. The closer they were, the more inviting it was.

Slowly and cautiously, I strain my neck and pucker my lips to reach his. I check his eyes again before bridging that last little bit of space and am finally welcomed by his warmth. I felt my heart and body completely melt into a little puddle of goo just at the feeling. I couldn’t seem to get enough of it. Since all good things have to come to an end, I pull myself away and see that he was still fast asleep. A small giggle escapes my lips at the thought of being able to steal a kiss from him.

Geez he is really aslee—

In a flash, my heart leaps in surprise as I find myself on my back staring up at the “used-to-be” sleeping figure that was now hovering dangerously close above me, trapping me between his arms and legs. His eyes now open and giving me that intense and hungry stare from before.

“Sneaky rabbit.” He says with a y smirk, “Taking advantage of me while I’m trying to sleep.” He leans in closer making me feel his hot breath brush my skin, “What do you have to say for yourself?”

I don’t know if it was from the kiss, the position we are currently in, or the iness of his voice but an immense feeling of warmth was bubbling up from the pit of my stomach, pushing out the word from my throat in a whisper, “Oops.”

“’Oops’ is right.” He says before crashing his lips onto mine blowing all of my senses and the ability to think away into the night.

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Updated! Sorry it took me a while!
I hope you all enjoy the daragon moments
I tried my best not to make them too cheesy ^^;;

I hope you guys are still enjoying this fic though
I got a little worried not seeing as many comments as before
And haven't seen a few readers in a while :(
I hope I haven't disappointed
Please let me know what you all think
It really gives me the motivation to keep going!

Thank you!!

Also, I'm curious, please fill out this poll and let me know :) But the results may or may not actual happen:

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*