Chapter 58

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 58

“Okay, good. Now let’s try this verse again, but go higher at these parts.” Teddy said while pointing to the lyrics. “See if you can get a different feeling.”

“Okay…” I nod and concentrate before opening my mouth to sing. By now, I’ve already memorized the lyrics and the flow so it was easier for me to really get into the meaning of the song. I tried to imagine myself in the situation of the person singing this song and see if I am able to portray those feelings through my words. As Teddy, instructed, I try to sing higher at certain words making sure not to crack.

I nervously glance at Teddy to gauge his reaction but only see him closing his eyes and bobbing his head to the rhythm.

“That’s better, Dara.” He cuts me off by raising his hand, signaling for me to stop singing. “But I think you can probably go even higher. I can tell your trying to control it too much. Just breathe, relax.” He says while taking in a deep breath and making me do the same.

“Let’s try it again. Ready?” He brings up three fingers and counts me in, “Three, two, one… and…”

I begin singing again while remembering what he told me. Higher? Can I really go higher? As the high note closes in, I try to keep myself relaxed and try to reach it, but am stopped by Teddy again at the wave of his hand.

“No, no. I’m starting to see where the problem is.” He inches closer and points at the tip of my chin, “When you’re trying to reach a high note, it’s not about reaching it as if it’s somewhere up in the air. What you’re doing now is tilting your head back as you get higher, that closes up your throat. What you should do is keep your chin leveled and face straight ahead.”

He pushes his chair back away from me, putting us a good distance apart. “Instead of thinking of a high note as somewhere up there,” he points to the ceiling, “think of reaching it in front of you. Pretend as if I’m the high note that you are trying to reach.”

I nod and repeat the phrase including the high note. This time I focus on Teddy in front of me and feel my voice reach ahead, making sure to keep my chin down and my posture straight. To my surprise, I hear my voice reaching a much higher note than before with ease. I continued singing all the way until the end without Teddy stopping me.

 

“Woo!” He starts clapping and raises his hand for a high-five, “There you go! Look at that. Wow.”

“I’m so surprised I could actually make that high of a sound.” I shake my head in disbelief, “Thank you for your help, Teddy oppa.”

“That’s what I’m here for right! I mean I’m just a producer. I’m not a genius in vocals and singing, but I’ve learned a thing or two from being around here.” Teddy shrugs while leaning back in his chair, “To be honest, I was nervous working with you and that voice you got. It’s definitely something YG doesn’t have. So, needless to say I was clueless as hell on how to best showcase your voice.”

“Eh? My voice?” I subconsciously touch my throat.

“Yeah, I mean, haven’t you noticed? Besides Gummy, you’re the only other female artist under YG.”

I nod my head knowingly as this news dawns on me. The only artist within YG Entertainment that I was aware of was G-Dragon and it wasn’t until I joined YG that I learned about Jinusean, 1TYM, Se7en, and Gummy.

“And Gummy’s singing is very different from yours.” Teddy continues explaining, “Her voice has a very powerful and mature feeling to it while your voice is very refreshing and light.” He sighs while leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees, “It’s definitely something I haven’t worked with before… but I promise to produce you the best songs I can if you promise to continue working hard.”

My jaw drops at this and I immediately stand up from my seat and bow to him repeatedly, “Thank you! Thank you, Teddy oppa. I will really try my best so please, take care of me from now on!”

He laughs heartily before standing up as well, “No worries. I have a lot of faith in you so I know you won’t let me down.” He pats me on the shoulder, “Why don’t we take a break for a bit. I’m going to head over to the cafeteria for some food. You want some?”

Just as I was about to accept his offer, the door of the recording studio swings open revealing an attractive slim woman with a bob cut showing off her strong jawline. It wasn’t until after she took off her sunglasses that I realized it Gummy, in the flesh.

 

“Teddy!” Gummy exclaims while opening her arms for a hug.

“Eh?! Gummy you’re back already?” He asks while hugging her. “When did you arrive?”

“Just this morning, but I’ve missed everyone so much that I had to come by right away to say hi.” She says with a smile.

“Ahh, we’ve missed you too! How’d everything go in the end? I heard your promotions in Japan were successful.”

I watched as the two chatted away as if in their own little world, clearly happy to see each other. Gummy was definitely beautiful but she also seemed like a loving and kind woman. It made me smile just thinking about how YG Entertainment was not only a company, but also like a real family, caring about each other, looking out for one another. I suddenly felt so lucky to be able to have a chance and be a part of something so beautiful.

 

“Oh!” Teddy suddenly interrupts my thoughts and turns to me, “Sorry for being so rude. Gummy, this is Park Sandara. She’s YG’s newest trainee. Dara, this is Park Jiyeon otherwise known as Gummy, your sunbae.”

I quickly bow at 90-degrees and put a smile on my face while coming up, “Anneyeonghaseyo. It’s a pleasure to meet you…” I trail off and feel my smile slowly slip upon seeing her face.

She was no longer smiling as brightly as she was towards Teddy. Her face, her eyes, everything about her body language was cold. I almost felt as if she was glaring at me.

“Oh… so this is the girl who has been stirring up trouble around here…” She says quietly but just loud enough for me to hear. My stomach drops, remember that my name is indeed attached to all of the recent articles and scandals recently. I immediately bow my head in shame, unable to say anything else.

“Gummy!” Teddy interjects, “You don’t know the whole story. It’s been… complicated around here.”

“Regardless of what the story is, I bet it’s not what the public sees right now. The company and Jiyong are suffering right now. Am I wrong?” She hisses back at him but keeps her eyes on me. “I came back as soon as possible when I saw the articles!”

“Gummy-ah. Stop this. Let’s go get some food at the cafeteria. I’m sure you’re hungry as well.” Teddy says while trying the usher her out of the door. Once she was outside, he turned to me and gave me an apologetic look, “Sorry Dara… I’ll take care of this.” And with that he left, leaving me alone and feeling absolutely horrible.

 

I sink into the chair and think back to how she looked at me and what she said. ‘it’s not what the public sees right now… I came back as soon as possible when I saw the articles!’ My head shoots up and towards the computer set up at the back. I haven’t seen the articles since the one Sohee was quoted in… everyone including Jiyong forbade me from looking anything up… they even made me promise. But I’m sure the company’s response has already been published… I bite my bottom lip as if trying to fight off the urge.

I understood why they didn’t want me to see those articles or comments… after the last time YG sajangnim showed me those harsh comments on YouTube, I understood that no matter who they come from, words and criticism hurts… especially from people who don’t even know you, surprisingly. And god knows what people might be saying now that I might be in a relationship with THE G-Dragon.

But the longer I continued to stare at the computer, the louder Gummy’s words were ringing in my ear. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore and hurried over to the computer and clicked to open the web browser. As I waited for the screen to load, I could feel my heart beating at an incredible speed. I slowly watched my shaky fingers typing my name one character at a time on the keyboard.

My finger hovers over the ‘enter’ button as my mind produces a series of questions, making me doubt.

What am I going to find? Even with the company denying it… will people believe us? What are they saying about me? About Jiyong? About the company? How much damage has been done? Will I be able to take the harsh comments thrown my way?

 

“Are you about to break your promise?”

“ACK!” I yelp as I back away from the computer and turn my head towards the door where Jiyong was leaning on. I didn’t even notice he had come in.

Even though he had a slight smile on his face, I could still see worry in his eyes. When I didn’t answer him, he sighed and made his way over to me to look at the screen. And there it was, my name still typed into the search bar waiting to be entered.

I’m surprised again when I feel my chair moving on its own but then realize Jiyong is pushing me away from the computer and to the other side of the desk.

“It hasn’t even been 24 hours since we officially started dating and you are already breaking a promise?” He says with disappointment before sitting down at the chair next to me. “I’m going to be mad at you.”

“Sorry…” I frown and play with my hands in my lap, “I just…” I stopped myself, as I got lost again in my interaction with Gummy earlier.

“I heard Gummy noona gave you a hard time.” Jiyong said. I looked up at him in shock and see him waving his phone at me, “Teddy told me. I knew you’d be tempted to look up the articles so I rushed right over.”

I sigh and look back down at my lap, unsure of what to say.

 

“Hey.” He said bringing my face to look at him, “Don’t think too much about what Gummy noona said. Here at YG… we’re practically like family. She’s been in YG for a long time now and loves this company like no other. She’s just worried about everyone, especially not knowing the details since she’s been away for three months.”

I smile at his explanation and nod, “Yeah… that’s what I assumed. When I saw her talking to Teddy oppa, I could tell she’s a very kind and caring person and that she loves this company very much…”

“Then what’s wrong?” He looked at me with furrowed brows and a frown. As I looked at him I noticed how tired and stressed he looked.

‘the company and Jiyong are suffering right now!’

“You look tired…” I blurt out while studying his features. He shakes his head and gives me a smile.

“I’m fine. It’s just the usual with work that’s all. But you didn’t answer my question. What’s been going through your mind lately?” He pressed on.

I sigh and shake my head. He’s already dealing with so much by himself. “Nothing much, I’ve been pretty busy with training now. Since YG sajangnim told me it’d probably be best that I didn’t appear as a backup dancer, I wanted to fill up my time with more training.” I explain.

I wasn’t lying, but I just didn’t feel like I should burden him with my worries.

 

I see his face lighten up with interest, “Ohh. So, you’ve started training with Teddy already? How’s it going? Is he being too hard on you? If he is, let me know. Your boyfriend will talk with him.” He says with a cheeky smile.

“Aigoo, Teddy oppa is being really nice to me. Don’t pester him! Today he helped me reach the higher notes in this song. It was so difficult at first, but I think I’m starting to get it.” I hand him the lyrics to the song Teddy had me practice with.

I watched Jiyong’s profile as his eyes scan the words and nod his head as if he could hear the music in his head. He smiled and gave the sheet back to me, “Sing for me.”

“Eh?! No way!” I protest immediately and make a big ‘X’ with my arms in front of my face. “Definitely not.”

“Why not? I’m your boyfriend!” He argued.

“No, I’m not ready to sing in front of you yet. And stop saying… that word so loudly…” I mumble while looking around.

“What word?” He says with an even cheekier grin showing he knows exactly what I’m talking about. “Ohh… you mean me being your boyfr—“

I cover my hand over his mouth to stop him from talking, “Yes! That word!”

But suddenly I feel him move his mouth and move my hand away just in time before he tried to bite my fingers. “Yah! What are you doing?!”

He chuckles and bites his lower lip while smiling at me, “Why? You don’t like it when I use that word? But I like saying that I’m your” I give him a warning look which he just sighs at, “you know… It makes it seem more real to me.”

“It’s not that I don’t like it… I like hearing you say it…” I say honestly while pouting, “But… we shouldn’t be saying it too loudly… someone might hear and find out about us—“ Sudden realization hits me. “Wait a minute… Does Teddy oppa know about us?”

“Yeah.” He says rather matter-of-fact and without any hesitation.

“What! Jiyong!” I exclaim in shock and hit him in the arm, “So that’s why he texted you about me!”

“Of course I told him! He’s one of my closest friends. I share almost everything with him.” He explains while rubbing where I hit him, “He’s not going to tell YG about us!”

“That’s not what I’m worried about.” I groan and run my fingers through my hair, “I just…” I glance at Jiyong who is giving me an expectant look. “He’s helping me despite the fact that he’s not the vocal trainer within YG… I just… want to make sure that I’m not getting any special treatment…” I sigh while thinking back to what Teddy said earlier about making the best songs for me in the future.

“Are you believing what Sohee said in that article now? Aish… this girl.” He shakes his head and chuckles, “Dara, I’ve known Teddy hyung for a while now, so believe me when I say this. He would never do something for anyone unless he thinks they are worth his time. He’s a nice guy and a great friend, but if you aren’t worth his time, he won’t waste any of it.”

I listen carefully to what Jiyong is saying and begin to feel more at ease.

“When are you going to realize that the reason why all of us, YG, Teddy, Jae, the dancers, and I, are trying so hard to help you is not only because of your personality but also your potential in this industry.” He takes my hand and squeezes it, letting me feel his warmth.

“We can see how much you enjoy being here. Whether it is singing, dancing, and even acting. You brighten up and never seem to get tired. And each day you’re here, you keep getting better and better.” He smiles to himself as if remembering something. “We all believe in you. Forget about everything that anyone has ever told you or said to bring you down. You’re here for a reason and it’s not going to be easy. But you can do it.” He places his other hand on my cheek and caresses it with his thumb. “Arraso?”

I stared back at him and relaxed into the warmth he was giving to me, spreading all over my body, “Yes.” I smile widely at him.

 

We stared at each other for a few minutes, savoring the fact that we can be together at moments like this. But suddenly, as if something clicked, tension filled the air. As soon as I felt it, I noticed Jiyong beginning to lean in towards me. I felt my breath caught in my throat and can’t help but look around the empty studio. Ah… I guess… we can… just really quick! I tell myself as I refocus on him and see his eyes slowly closing. After one last scan of the room, I finally let my eyes close as well and await the feeling I’ve been craving for all day.

 

*Click*

My eyes shoot open and are met with Jiyong’s wide open as well. Instinctively and as quickly as possible, I shove Jiyong away from me and quickly turn towards the table where the music sheet was laying.

“Sorry it—Oh, Jiyong you actually came.” Teddy says while closing the door behind him.

“A-Ah, uhm, yeah just came to check on D-D-Dara.” I hear Jiyong say a little too flustered to not go unnoticed.

Teddy makes his way around the chairs and takes a seat next to me, “Did you not take a break this whole time?” He asked looking at me curiously.

I gulped before speaking, determined to not sound as obvious as Jiyong did. “Oh, no I did for a bit. But then I was too excited and was just looking over the lyrics for the chorus.” Yes! That’s how you do it, Kwon Jiyong.

“Ohh,” Teddy nodded approvingly, “So hardworking, I’m really proud. But, uh, Dara, the sheet is upside down.”

My eyes widen as I focus on the upside down characters in front of me and immediately feel my face flush on a whole new scale of red.

Kill me now.

 

I hear a thud and see that Jiyong had dropped his forehead to the table as he covered his face with his arms, “Oh my god, Dara…”

Teddy bursts into uncontrollable laughter as he held his stomach and rolled around on his chair. I grimace and shoot a glare at Jiyong who was giving me one back while covering his blushing cheeks with his hand.

“See, look what you did! I’m never going to hear the end of this! You and your horrible acting!” Jiyong groaned while kicking Teddy to make him stop.

“Me?!” I gasp and point at him, “You’re the one who is horrible acting! S-S-Stuttering and all!” I imitate him.

“But at least I could pretend I was doing something instead of READING SOMETHING UPSIDE DOWN!”

Embarrassment washes over me again as I clench my fists, “If it wasn’t for your ERTEDNESS and wanting to KISS ME, it wouldn’t BE LIKE THIS!”

Teddy was able to calm down only to start his second round of laughter but this time even worse, where he almost fell to the floor.

 

“AHHH! I’m not standing around for this!” Jiyong stands up quickly, clearly flustered and heads to the door, “This is your fault, Dara!”

“Yah!” I call out angrily and stand up too, “Don’t you dare leave me here by myself!”

“You’re the one who broke Teddy! You fix him!” He calls out without turning back and exits the room. Leaving me alone with a dying Teddy rolling on the floor.

“YAH! KWON JIYONG, YOU ARE SO DEAD!”

 

 

 

~*Jiyong’s POV*~

After my escape, I couldn’t hold it in any longer as I slowed down while passing the lounge and collapse on the coach, laughter erupting from inside me. I continued seeing flashes of the look on Dara’s face when she discovered the lyrics were upside down and how red her face was.

“Too… funny!” I could barely make out a complete sentence without rolling with laughter upon remembering. My eyes began to water and my stomach was pinching in pain, but I couldn’t stop. I’m probably dead if I see her again… but the look on her face when I left her was absolutely priceless! I laugh again while slapping my knee. Despite my impending doom, it was just too funny NOT to mess with Dara. She must be really freaking out right now.

 

“What are you laughing about?” I hear a familiar voice and tried to calm myself down to see who it was.

“Gummy noona!” I quickly get up and bowed. “Welcome back!”

She smiles and slaps my arm before opening her arms for a hug, “Still so proper. Come here!”

I smiley warmly at her before embracing her in a hug, “Aren’t you tired? I heard you just got back. You should be resting.”

“Wow, looks like you didn’t miss me at all!” She crosses her arms in front of her chest, “And you look like you need more rest then I do! Look at those bags under your eyes.”

I shook my head and waved it off, “No, I’m fine noona, really. Just a little stressed but nothing I can’t handle.”

She gives me a skeptical look up and down before sighing, “It’s because of that Sandara girl, isn’t it?”

I tense when I hear the tone of her voice but simply shake my head again, “Gummy noona, about Dara—“

“I know. I know.” Gummy raises her hand to stop me from explaining, “Teddy already told me the gist of it. I understand a little better now…” She sighs and stares off somewhere while thinking, “I’m planning on apologizing to her for acting so harsh earlier. She probably thinks I’m horrible, huh?”

I laugh as I see worry flash in her eyes, “Not at all, she understands where you’re coming from. She’s probably being more harsh on herself than towards you.” I smile just thinking about her and her tendencies.

 

It takes me a moment to feel Gummy’s gaze on me, “You seem to really like her.”

“E-Eh?” I panic but try not to show it.

“Don’t worry, no one had to tell me for me to see it.” Gummy pats me on the arm to settle my nerves, “An idiot like you would only sacrifice your career for someone you were serious about.” She shakes her head in disbelief before putting a hand on my shoulder.

“I won’t tell YG sajangnim, but just becareful. Don’t make decisions you might regret later. Arraso?”

“Yes, noona…” I sigh and bow slightly at her as she begins to walk away.

“Oh, by the way,” Gummy stops and turns to look at me, “This doesn’t mean I’m going to be easy on her. I want to see what exactly it is that has all of you YG boys going crazy about.”

A chill ran down my spine while watching her walk away, knowing very well what kind of treatment Dara is going to receive from Gummy. It’s the same treatment I got when I was first starting out, but it wasn’t until later that I realized it was only to make me strive and work harder in improving myself. Gummy was harsh but whether she realized it or not, it just shows that she had already accepted you. A warm smile spreads on my face again as I think about Dara. She’ll be able to handle it.

A sudden flash of Dara’s red face with and eyes wide open appears in my mind causing me to burst out laughing again. Oh god… I try to shake the image out of my head but can’t.  I almost forgot. I look at the time and see that it’s been a while since I’ve left her. I wonder how she’s doing.

I take out my phone and type a quick text to her. I know she’s going to scowl when she sees it but I just can’t help it. She just brings me joy and amusement in so many ways. I think evilly. I feel my phone vibrate almost immediately and check it excitedly, expecting it to be Dara but see that it is only YG.

 

Come see my right away. There’s something that needs to be discussed.

 

My eyebrows furrow upon reading this text and the initial feeling I get is fear. Did he… find out about Dara and me? I let my feet lead me to the elevator as I rake my brain for possible ways of him finding out. I don’t think anyone would’ve told him… right? Or did he see something? My mind clicks at the thought of back at the recording studio when I tried to kiss Dara. Sh!t, I forgot he has cameras set all over this damn place… did he… No way. There wouldn’t be any reason for him to check the tapes if nothing is reported… I try to calm my mind but I still can’t help but worry. I am pulled out of my thoughts when the elevator pings and I find myself in front of YG’s office. Well… it’s too late now. I take in a deep breath and knock on the door.

 

 

 

~*Dara’s POV*~

 

So, did you fix Teddy yet?

 

I scowl at the text from Jiyong and throw my phone back into my bag. Stupid Jiyong… Because of him, I had to spend five minutes sitting there as Teddy CONTINUED to laugh. You would think he would run out of air from laughing so much, but of course with my luck, he didn’t. Then after he finally calmed down, he refused to do any more training until I told him IN DETAIL exactly what happened. UGH!! I stop in my tracks and glare at a speck on the ground and stomp on it repeatedly as if pretending it was Jiyong’s face.

“Stupid, stupid, stupid!!” I mutter to myself with every stomp. And he dares texting me after abandoning me! I had to admit, thinking back on it, it was a pretty hilarious situation but nevertheless embarrassing. Just wait Kwon Jiyong, when I see you, you’re DEAD.

I hear someone clearing their throat, waking me up from my plans on how to torture the poor dragon. I gasp and bow immediately upon seeing Gummy standing a few steps away, staring at me with her arms crossed. Oh god, don’t tell me she saw all of that.

“G-Good evening, sunbaenim.” I am able to say. I pull myself up and take in a deep breath, “A-About earlier… I’m—“

“I wanted to apologize.” She cuts me off. Her tone was much softer than before but nevertheless cold. “At that time, I only knew what I had read and heard a bit from YG sajangnim. So, I’m sorry for being so harsh on you earlier.”

I widen my eyes in surprise but shake my head vigorously, “No, please don’t apologize. I… It’s true that I have caused a lot of trouble since being here… So please let me apologize for causing you to worry about people who are clearly very dear to you.” I wanted to pat myself on the shoulder for being able to speak what I’ve been rehearsing in case I ran into her again.

There was a moment of silence as Gummy just observed me, “Are you on your way to the dance studio?”

“Eh?” I am caught off-guard by the sudden change of topic, “Yes, I was planning to practice for a bit. Maybe see if Jae Wook-sshi was there.”

Another moment of silence, leaving me unsure if I should be the first to leave or not but finally see Gummy move. She drops her arms to her side and begins walking towards me.

“Alright then. Please do your best.” She says calmly but still as cold. “But Sandara-sshi, let me be frank.”

I tense up and grip the strap of my bag tightly. She continues, without my reply.

“What you said is right, you have caused a lot of trouble and pain for people who are very close to my heart. This company is filled with people that I consider family to me. A lot of these same people have been sacrificing a lot for you and in the end are receiving negative publicity, selflessly. Jiyong included.” She sighs but looks me straight in the eye, causing me to shudder. “I don’t mean to be rude, unlike them I haven’t been able to see what it is that makes you worth their sacrifice. So, when I say please do your best, I don’t want you to take it as a simple phrase.”

Somehow, I manage to nod and bow my head in reply. She continues to study my face but eventually makes her way past me. “I am expecting a lot from you, Park Sandara-ssi.”

My feet are firmly planted on the ground, not allowing me to move as I hear the clacking of her heels fade away down the hall. When I no longer could hear her presence, my knees began to shake making me lean on the wall for support. After that confrontation, I felt as if a great deal of weight had been strapped onto my shoulders.

Dara… Park Sandara… get your act together. I kept repeating to myself as I took even breaths to calm my aching heart. But the pain was slowly reaching to my eyes. What do you think you’re doing?! Do NOT cry.

I push myself up straight and take in a long and deep breath and close my eyes to block the tears. Once I felt in control again, I opened them and continued walking towards the dance studio. Please be there… Please be there…

 

As I open the door, I feel relief when I see Jae Wook and Minzy chatting by the stereo. I put on my best smile and greet the two happily.

“Unnie!” Minzy says cheerfully oblivious to how I was really feeling inside, “What are you doing here?”

“I was hoping to get some practice in for a change. I’ve been working on singing for too long! I just need to let go.” I say convincingly, even almost tricking myself.

Jae Wook laughs and turns to his iPod, “I was about to teach Minzy a choreo I came up with for fun. Why don’t you join us?”

“Yeah, unnie! I’ve seen a bit of it and it looks really awesome. I think it’ll suit you really well.” Minzy urges me as I place my bag on the ground.

“Sounds good. I’m looking forward to it!” I manage to laugh while switching my shoes to my dance ones. Music begins to play through the speakers and immediately feel my feelings being pushed away by the slow and chill beats. I watch as Jae Wook and Minzy bob to the beat in the center of the room before joining them.

[[Author's note: Open the link in a new window for music!! Music On.]]

As I let the beats seep into my body, I am able to forget everything and imagine as if I’m not a YG trainee. I’m just a person who enjoys dancing. This is what I needed.

I watch Jae Wook begin to show us the moves he choreographed and can’t help but silently thank to god that they were both here… It helped me push myself to stay strong in front of others. If I came here and found it empty, I feel like I would’ve broke.

 

 

 

~*Jiyong’s POV*~

“W-What?!” I said in response even though I heard him clear the first time he said it.

“I want you to go to Japan. I’ve already contacted YGEX that you will be coming over to promote and release some of your Japanese tracks.” He said matter-of-fact while flipping through pages in front of him. “You’ll be leaving in three days.”

I was at a loss of words. This was way too sudden to be purely as a promotional trip. There was definitely another reason behind something so sudden. And I think I knew what it was.

“How long am I supposed to be in Japan for?” I question, testing to see if my theory is correct.

YG doesn’t look up from his stack of papers but responds, “For as long as it takes for your situation here to die down and go away. I say maybe two or three months.”

 

Just as I thought… I didn’t know what else to say but I couldn’t leave Dara at a time like this. It was undeniable that things are seemingly getting worse. Even after YG responded to the article about Sohee, fans were still and maybe even more skeptical. YG Entertainment’s image has been affected severely; needless to say mine as well. There have been multiple threats from fans saying they hate me and will kill themselves if the news is true. I’ve already done multiple private interviews denying that I was dating Dara and that it was impossible, but it still hasn’t seemed to help. But in my opinion, nothing is worse than the criticism that Dara is getting.

“I’m sure you are just as aware as I am that nothing seems to be working at the moment.” YG sajangnim finally looks up from his desk, “As a company and professionals, we’ve done all we’ve can to mediate the damages that have been done. But it’s not going to go away for a long while.”

He pushes himself up from his chair and makes his way towards me. “If you go to Japan for promotional activities, think of it as an escape. So far we’ve been able to keep this scandal from going international. Being in Japan will be a distraction but it will also put the separation between you and Dara.”

I clench my fists at the thought but don’t say a word.

“No matter how much we deny about you and Dara, the fact that you two are in the same country, let alone the same building, will cause an uproar.” He places a hand on my shoulder, “And I’m sure you would rather go to Japan, then have Dara fired, correct?”

My eyes flicker towards YG with a warning look. I know that this isn’t an idea that YG has in mind. Out of everyone, he’s the one who believes in Dara the most, but the idea still pissed me off beyond belief. This option was instead insisted by millions of my ‘fans’ next to the second popular one that Dara should ‘jump off a building and die’.

“Jiyong,” He says with a slightly softer tone, “I know the only reason why you are hesitant about leaving Japan is because of Dara.” I stiffen a little until he continues, “Even though you two have separated, I know it’s hard to ignore your feelings. But…”

He sighs and takes a seat at one of the couches in his office, “I’m not only making this decision because of you, but also for Dara. It’ll take time but things will slowly die down and people will notice you two living your lives in separate countries normally. Hopefully, by then, the situation will be forgotten and there will be something else for the world to talk about.”

I sigh and look down at the ground as I can see clearly what YG sajangim is trying to say. It’s definitely not the worst idea, but it’ll be hard. Especially when Dara gives in and finds those articles, which I know she will soon. I just want to be there for her and keep her on the right track. She has the lowest confidence in herself and an unhealthy amount of selflessness. Will she be able to handle it all?

“As hard as it may be, don’t worry about her too much.” YG says while staring off into his cabinet full of figurines. His eyes setting on one in particular, “She’s a lot stronger than she looks and has such an enormous strive to work hard and succeed. She’s the most hard working person I’ve ever met.”

I look up at him and nod in agreement. That’s true. I should have more faith in her. His eyes move towards me as he crosses his arms.

“For now, focus on what is not only best for you but also best for her. Stay in Japan, do your job, relax and have fun until I say you can return.” His voice becomes stern and he once again becomes the CEO of YG Entertainment, “There is no other option. This is what has been decided.”

 

 

 

I walk out of YG’s office in a complete daze. In three days, I’ll be flying to Japan for who knows how long… A flash of Dara’s face appears making me smile bitterly. I miss her already…

I take out and check my phone and see that there are no new messages. It’s already been a couple of hours since I last sent that text. I sigh as I open a new message to her. She must be still mad at me. I think as a smirk forms on my face. Suddenly, I think back to the conversation with YG and immediately frown as worry spreads through my body. I type in another sentence before sending it off and heading towards the parking lot.

She will be okay when I’m gone, right?

 

 

 

~*Dara’s POV*~

I shakily close my laptop and place it on the bedside table before laying flat on my back. Words form in front of my eyes and spread across the white ceiling. I came home two hours ago, but had spent the last hour and a half reading everything recent about the company, Jiyong, and me. I couldn’t take not knowing anymore, especially when Gummy’s words had been haunting me non-stop.

After the response from YG and even after the release of Taeyang’s MV for ‘I Need a Girl’, I foolishly believed that it would make things better. That somehow, our voices could be heard amidst the lies. But now after reading everything, I see why Gummy was so angry at me, why Jiyong had looked so stressed, and why everyone had made me promise not to look at what was online.

 

What a big fat SL*T. I HATE HER! I WISH SHE’D JUST GO AWAY!

 

There’s no way oppa would EVER date a girl as ugly and talentless as her! He’s could do so much better.

 

I’m so over GD now. If he has a GF, I’m done. Bye bye GD.

 

Does she call that acting?! I’ve seen both MV she’s been in and she . Plus she’s a horrible dancer. How could YG even think about giving her a chance?!

 

I’m so shocked at YG and really disappointed in them. I hope that this is all just a cruel joke.

 

First GD and now Taeyang?! This girl is a huge W-H-*-R-E.

 

I HATE GD if this is all true. Why would he do such a thing?

 

She should get fired! Let’s make a petition to get her a** fired!

 

I want her dead! She should be ashamed of herself. Take a dive off of the YG building, honey. See if GD would want to date you after that ugly mess.

 

 

I snap my eyes close as I feel the tears from before burst into life and threaten to break down the iron walls of my eyelids.

“No…” I press the palms of my hands firmly against my eyes, reinforcements to help keep the tears back, “Stop…” I whisper meekly as I can feel the growing pain in my chest.

A sudden buzzing sensation grabs my attention and I immediately grab my phone. For some reason, it doesn’t surprise me one bit to see that it’s Jiyong who texted me. He always seems to know when I’m in pain.

 

Hey. I’m sorry for abandoning you like that. I’ll make it up to you, arraso? Don’t be mad. And, please, call me if you ever need to talk. I’m always here, babe.

 

A few tears manage to escape as I stare at the words in front of me. My shaky fingers begin to move on their own and bring me to his number, ready to press the call button. But as I stare longer at his name, Gummy’s words start hitting me like a ton of bricks.

‘You have caused a lot of trouble and pain for people who are very close to my heart... been sacrificing a lot for you and in the end are receiving negative publicity, selflessly. Jiyong included.’

The tired look on his face, the bags under his eyes, the stress, and all the interviews he had to do to deny our relationship. He’s been suffering through that all by himself.

 

I can’t. I can’t. I inhale sharply as I make my fingers move against their will, exiting out of his number and returning to his text. My fingers move swiftly and send him a quick reply with a ‘thank you’ and a ‘good night’. As soon as I see it send, I toss my phone away from me as if it was something lethal and laid onto my side. The tears escaped one by one as they run down curving over the bridge of my nose and the side of my face, hitting the bed.

 

I shouldn’t be crying like this.

 

The tears poured out more, blurring my vision. The increasing pain in my chest was beginning to become unbearable.

 

I should be strong and not care what others say. I have to be strong for everyone. They all sacrificed so much…

 

I squeeze my eyes shut, releasing a whole new set of tears. I curl my body into a tighter ball as if to comfort me more, gripping both of my hands tight to distract from the pain in my heart.

 

“But, please…” I plead to my inner thoughts, “just this one night…” I say between sobs.

 

“Let me be weak just for one night.”

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Woo~ Another long chapter ^^
Hope you enjoy this one <3

Please let me know what you think
in the comments, twitter, or PM me :)

I also hope I didn't make Dara too whiny
I just wanted to properly show her insecurities
And the hardship some stars may face.
But don't you guys worry,
like YG said, she's stronger than she appears!

Anyways, please enjoy
Thank you to all my readers!
On to the next chapter!

Also, for those of you interested in the choreography earlier with Minzy and Jae, here's the link I based it on. IRL it's not Jae's work ^-^;  but please bear with me! Link here!

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*