Chapter 35

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 35

~*Earlier That Morning*~

~*Jiyong’s POV*~

“You want me to what?” YG asks completely appalled by my request.

“Don’t fire Ahn Sohee.” I repeat keeping my eyes down to the ground.

“And why shouldn’t I? Clearly she’s had ill intentions from the start, caused a commotion with our new YG trainee and will only continue to do so. This is exactly what we were trying to avoid!” YG’s voice rose as he finishes but I try my best to stand firm on my decision.

“Because there is something that I need to do first…” I trail off trying to gather my reasons I had come up with all of last night. “I can’t tell you exactly what it is but please trust me sajangnim.” I bow at a 90-degree angle, “I’m afraid that if she is fired, we may get rid of one problem only to gain more. Please, let me handle this and deal with my mistakes. I was the one who chose her at the auditions I will be the one to deal with it. I need time to prepare.”

I hear YG sajangnim sigh heavily at my request. I knew very well what I was asking was out of the question, even stupid, but it was my first step towards protecting Dara and I was sure as hell going to do everything I could, not matter how ridiculous I may look.

“Do you fully understand the consequences and possibilities that may occur from this?”

“Yes, sajangnim, I will take full responsibility.” I say still bowed.

He sighs again before I hear him stand up and walk towards me. I feel his hand on my shoulder and he pushes me up to face him eye to eye.

“What’s gotten into you? What is it that you are planning?” He searches my eyes for an answer but I’m not ready to give it yet.

“Something very important… something that I want to protect… and want to see succeed.” That was all that I’m willing to give to him.

He gives me an annoyed look but I can see that he was giving in. Finally, he squeezed my shoulder, “If anything happens that could possible lead to ruining your career or the company name, she’s gone. Understood?”

Relief floods over me knowing that I’ve successfully persuaded him and give him a firm nod, “Yes, sajangnim. Thank you.”

He lets go of my shoulder and makes his way back to his desk. I take this as a signal that I can leave. Just as I was about to exit, I hear YG’s voice, “Whatever this is… it better be worth it.”

I turn and bow at him again before answering, “It will be.” She will be.

Determination was bubbling through my veins now, and then it reminded me the second part of my plan.

“Oh, sajangnim, there’s also one more thing I’d like to ask of you…”

 


 

I rush into the recording studio, not able to spend another minute lying to her. Once inside, I press my back against the door closing it shut, letting my heart return to it’s normal pace.

“Good job.” Sohee swiveled around while applauding me, “You should be an actor Jiyong oppa.”

I glare at her, loathing even the air that she was breathing, “Why did you want to meet here?” Just the sight of her was boiling my blood, “Did you purposely make me run into Dara?”

She shakes her head and stands up from the chair, “Nope. I just wanted to make sure you talked to YG about me. But who knew Dara would end up coming around here this early.” She walks towards me slowly and traced her finger around my chest which I brush off, “Looks like she really cares about you… that sl*t.”

“Shut the up. Don’t you dare call her that.”

She gasps and wags her finger at me, “You shouldn’t swear at a girl like that.”

“I talked YG, you won’t be fired but if you do anything to jeopardize any of us or the company, you are gone.” I move aside from the door, “Now. Get. The. . Out.”

I point at the door and watch as she opens it, “You are so hot when you’re mad.”

Then the devil was gone.

 

I throw my bag and jacket onto the couch letting out my anger and ruffle my head. It’s only been a few minutes of putting my plan into action and it already didn’t go according to plan. Why was Dara just standing in front of the studio? Was she really waiting for me? I clench my fists remembering what she said.

‘I thought we made a connection… an understanding of each other. I felt it… didn’t you?’

I thought I was the only one who felt it, the connection between us… I felt it too, Dara… I wanted to tell her that I felt the same. That I felt the same connection between us… but I couldn’t risk it knowing Sohee was just behind the door listening in. My heart pinches knowing that all Dara knows are lies. But for now… in order for this to work… it has to be this way, just for a moment.

I sit down in front of the console and stare off into the recording booth, trying to assess the damage I just caused earlier with Dara and how it’s going to affect my overall plan.

“It’s fine.” I try to console myself, “It’s fine.”

It’s just a setback, but it will be fine. The plan has already been set into motion.

 

 

~*Dara’s POV*~

Why do I keep coming back here? I ask myself as I sit in the middle of the small dance studio where most of my important memories with Jiyong happened. I just stare off into the mirror at my own reflection not understanding what is going on in my life.

So it just me who felt a connection between Jiyong and I? It was all in my head? My brows furrow at remembering everything that has happened between us. The time we spent with each other… the moments we shared. Even if it was all in my head, why do I still feel it? Even though I know now that he doesn’t, why do I still hope? Even after what he did, why do I still feel drawn to him? Why can’t I… hate him?

 

“Dara unnie…?” Shivers ran up my spine at hearing her voice. I turn my head slowly to look at the door, déjà vu hit me hard and immediately set adrenaline through my blood.

“Sohee…” I manage to say unsure if I’m about to relive that horrid night. But just by looking at her face, there was something different, something softer.

“Hi.” She says meekly, “Can I join you?”

I nod, not sure what was happening. She slowly makes her way over to my side and sits next to me, hugging her knees to her chest.

We both sit there in silence and only listen to each other’s breathing.

“Why—“

“I—“

We both start at the same time only to cut each other off.

“Sorry, you go first.” I say but she shakes her head in response.

“No, unnie. You go.” My heart jumps hearing her call me ‘unnie’ again.

 

“Why… are you here?”

She looks down at her knees and sighs, “I wanted to apologize.” She starts, “I shouldn’t have said such things to you. You didn’t deserve that. I was… just angry and jealous that you got to spend so much time with Jiyong oppa.” She rests her head on her knees but continues to speak, “I don’t know what came over me and I should’ve never let a guy tear us apart.”

“Sohee…”

“We let Jiyong get between us… Which shouldn’t have happened.” She looks up at me with watery eyes, “We are family, Dara unnie. We can’t be broken apart because of Jiyong.”

I never saw it this way. It’s true, Sohee is in love with Jiyong… it’s true that Jiyong and I spent a lot of time together as partners… it made Sohee jealous… but fighting over a guy… wouldn’t that require me to… like him as well? What was I defending? What was I fighting Sohee for?

“I… don’t…” I begin again but am cut off.

“Unnie,” She takes my hand in hers, making me remember how her touch used to feel, “I’m sorry, okay? But please promise me that we will stick together as a family. Next time, we won’t let a guy break us apart.” She squeezes my hands as I look back into her eyes.

“No matter what, family comes first.”

My heart feels constricted… something inside it wants to burst open and be free… something that I can’t make sense of now with my cousin before me, my only weakness.

“I promise.”

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hello everyone! Here is another update for you!
Once again, I apologize it took me so long.
Hopefully I'll be able to get in more updates tonight and/or tomorrow!

Still loving all of your comments and can't believe home many people subscribed and upvoted!
You all are just amazing and I don't know where I'd be without you all.
I hope to continue to entertain you guys!

Don't be afraid to leave comments/criticism!
I love to hear what you guys think!

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*