Chapter 52

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 52

“It seems that we are all on the same page now.” YG sajangnim says while leaning back into his chair and carefully looking at us. We remained silent as I lowered my gaze to the floor and nodded.

“Good. Now, go.” He says so bluntly that it makes me jump. I bow before quickly heading to the door with Jiyong right behind me.

“No, Jiyong. You stay. I still have to speak to you.” I hear YG sajangnim call out stopping Jiyong in place. But I just kept going. I needed to be away from here, especially Jiyong. Without looking back, I exited the office and headed straight for the stairs, just letting my feet guide me to wherever I needed to be since my mind was out of sorts.

 

Once I see the dance studio, I burst right in and make my way to the nearest empty spot to put my stuff down without saying a word to the rest of the room.

“Dara.” I soon hear Youngbae’s voice emerge from behind me. I keep my eyes on my stuff as I pretend to be looking for something. I needed to get a hold of myself but it didn’t help when the first thought that came to my mind was: I guess you don’t have to tell him about Jiyong anymore.

“Dara.” He says more urgently this time impossible for me to ignore.

“Yeah?” I say as normally as possible still searching through my bag for nothing.

“What’s going on?” Worry and confusion was clear in his voice catching my attention. Have I been that obvious?

 

“What do you mea—“ I turn with a fake smile before stopping midway and seeing everyone gathered just a few steps from me. Everyone looked just as confused as Youngbae was.

“Sohee.” CL speaks up first, “She was here this morning but was called in by YG sajangnim.”

“Then after a while, she stormed back in, grabbed her stuff and left without an explantion.” Daesung said clearly worried, “She looked like she was crying…”

My throat suddenly felt dry as I was at a loss of words. What am I supposed to say? Just a few minutes ago, YG sajangnim reprimanded us for this whole situation and that it should never get out. What am I supposed to say to everyone?

“W-Why are you guys asking me?” I try to act unsuspicious but see that Youngbae has seen through my façade. I watch as heads turned giving each other uncertain glances.

“Well, noona… when we asked Sohee what was wrong… she said ‘ask Dara’.” Seungri says with a slightly awkward smile showing how ridiculous it might be that I would have something to do with her being upset.

I clenched my fists as I try to think things though. Am I allowed to tell them the truth? Or is there a way out of it? What are they allowed to know and not know?

“Unnie,” Minzy says with a concerned look on her baby face, “Please, tell us what’s going on.”

I wince at the pain I’m feeling with all of these eyes on me, expecting an answer from me, knowing that I’ve been lying to them this whole time.

 

“I fired her.” We all turn our heads to the door where both YG sajangnim and Jiyong were standing. They both walk into the dance studio and stopping before us, Jiyong standing a step behind YG with his head down.

“F-F-Fired?” Seungri said clearly shocked. His jaw was wide open.

“Yes.” YG sajangnim says simply.

“Why? What happened? What did she do?” Bom asked curiously. It seemed like she wanted to ask more but was cut off when YG sajangnim turned sharply towards me.

“Dara, why don’t you explain this situation to everyone?” His voice was low and cold and clearly letting me know that this was my punishment for everything that has gone wrong.

The group of eyes were on me again as everyone looks at me expectantly, especially Youngbae whose lips where now in a thin line and his arms crossed in front of his chest. A buzzing feeling was in me as I felt the blood rushing through my body. The moment of truth…

 

I take in a deep breath before beginning to explain to everyone the real relationship between Sohee and I and the truth that we are cousins. I then begin to explain the agreement Sohee and I had at the auditions and making sure not to leave out any details this time, for I didn’t want any misunderstandings anymore. Some of them, specifically Seungri and Bom had such lively reactions while others like TOP and CL just listened with blank expressions. When it got to the part with me returning to YG, I glanced over to YG sajangnim who nodded, and giving me to ‘OK’ to tell them about me being here as an YG trainee, which gained even more surprised looks. I then moved onto explaining the night at the dance studio after the Music Bank, the slap, the “make up” talk that we had, and then overhearing Sohee and Jiyong after the music video shoot revealing her plan of ruining my life and career. I am about to continue until I realize what came next was my confession about my feelings for Jiyong and decided to keep that part out.

Even though I’ve stopped speaking, I see that they are all staring at me with wide eyes and some jaws have dropped open. But when I look towards Youngbae, I can’t deny that I see disappointment in his eyes.

 

“Wow.” Daesung says completely blown away. “I can’t believe all of this had happened without us knowing.”

“I’m sorry…” I say softly while bowing at a 90 degree angle.

“It’s not your fault, Dara.” Bom says, “It’s just… a lot to take in.”

“But I don’t get it,” TOP speaks up as he stares off, deep in thought. “Why you, Dara? Why did Sohee try to harm you so much? I mean if it’s because you are Jiyong’s partner, CL, Bom, and Minzy all partnered with him too. Why was she so threatened by only you?”

Just as I was about to make up some logically answer to his question, Jiyong beats me to it… but with the truth.

 

“Because Sohee knows that I like Dara.”

Now all the attention was on Jiyong who was no longer standing behind YG sajangnim but in front, arms crossed over his chest and his head up high, completely unaffected by everyone’s mouths that have dropped, including mine.

“Woah, hyung.” Seungri starts nervously laughing, “You serious? That’s not something you should joke about right now!”

“I’m not joking, maknae.” He says seriously, wiping the smile off of Seungri’s face, “I like Dara.”

Things went silent again as I tried to regain my composure. Nervousness was building inside of me when I look over to YG sajangnim, expecting him to be angry. But surprisingly, he was calm and with no emotion.

“Yes,” YG sajangnim clears his voice, “It’s all true. He came to me himself about it.”

My eyes immediately dart to Jiyong in confusion. ‘He came to me himself’…? Does that mean… He looks back at me and nods as if reading my mind. They are making it appear as a one-sided relationship?

“And because Sohee is aware of this, she is planning on using this fact as a way to bring not only Jiyong down, but also Dara, and the whole company, even Youngbae who had just debuted. That is why we are telling you all of this right now so that you are all prepared for whatever may come.” Everyone was back to being serious and had their eyes glued on YG sajangnim and hanging off each and every word, “And I hope that as a family, you will help and protect one another.”

“What is it that we need to do or be aware of?” CL asks without needing even a second to think. The rest are nodding and intently listening.

“Sohee is going to try to expose Dara’s secret YG training and use that as proof of favoritism within the company. YG sajangnim has already taken action into announcing the news sometime today so we can beat her to it.” Jiyong takes over, exuding control. “However, we think that Sohee is still going to try everything to make a scene and make up whatever story she can think of.”

“So, deny everything and anything that you are asked in regards to Jiyong or Dara being a couple or having feelings for each other. Keep the two apart and out of the public eye.” YG continues while I watch everyone nod, except for Youngbae who seemed to be deep in thought.

 

“Also, now that Dara is going to be out in the open soon, a lot of stuff is going to come up.” Jiyong starts while looking at me. I feel my heart swell with constricted emotions but try my best to not show anything on my face. “As a final selfish request, I ask you guys to—“

“Take care of Dara?” CL cuts him off before smirking. She heads over to me and drapes an arm over my shoulder, “We know.”

I look at her with surprise and see that everyone else is gathering around the two of us as well. I feel hands being placed on my shoulders, arms, and even the top of my head. CL then turns to look at me and gives me a smile with a wink.

“Leave it to us.”


 

Somehow, I was able to make it through practice today. Maybe it was because we weren’t working on a G-Dragon song, so Jiyong didn’t have to stick around. Or maybe it was because I found strength in everyone else knowing that they were all on my side. But one thing was for sure; it definitely wasn’t because of Youngbae who, although I’ve been partnered with in all of his performances now, has been ignoring me this whole time.

As I pack up my bag, I eye him from across the room. He was definitely mad at me. But for what? I rack my brain for all possible answers. Because I was lying to everyone? Because of the trouble Sohee and I caused? Because I didn’t tell him?

It could’ve been any of those reasons… but it would be so much easier to deal with if he just said so… Just as I was about to decide on confronting him, the door opens and reveals Jiyong. After a two-hour break, my worries all came rushing back to me just at the sight of him.

 

“Dara,” He says slightly panting, “The announcement has been made. YG Entertainment has just revealed that you are a YG trainee.”

The moment seems bittersweet, as I feel relieved knowing that we were able to cut off a part of Sohee’s plan, but fear is also coursing through my veins, unsure of what this will all mean for my life, my privacy, and my future.

“C’mon. You need to get home now before any reporters come to the building to scope you out.” He reaches out his hand and motions me to come towards him. “I’ll take you home.”

As a habit, I feel myself just about to reach out to grab it until I see another hand wrap around Jiyong’s wrist and pushing it down.

“No,” Youngbae cuts in, “I’ll take her home. Last thing she needs are pictures of her being plastered all over the Internet for being seen with you.”

Reality sinks in for both Jiyong and I.

 

“I’ll take her home.” Youngbae says quietly.

“That’s not a good idea either.” Bom sighs with frustration as she walks to my side, “Both of you are idols now, if she is seen with either of you alone, it’ll become a big deal. Plus, Youngbae, we wouldn’t want a scandal to break out when you’ve just debuted.”

“Yeah, Bommie is right.” CL slings her bag over her shoulder, “We’ll take her home. Stop worrying and get home safely, you two.”

CL makes her way to the door with Minzy trailing behind her. Bom hands me my bag as my eyes bounce from Jiyong to Youngbae and back. Neither of them returned my glances and kept their eyes steadied elsewhere.

“I’ll be going now.” I say quietly before following after CL and Minzy with Bom at my side.

Just as I am about to exit the studio I feel a hand grab my arm.

“Wait,” Jiyong says while turning me to look at him, “Here, have this.”

I look down at his hands and see his beanie and mask that I’ve been using quite often recently.

“No. It’s yours.” I try to protest but he just shakes his head and places the items in my hand.

“Take it. You’ll need it.” He finally looks me in the eye and I see that there is more he wants to say but can’t make out exactly what. I reluctantly take the things from him, placing the beanie over my head and covering my nose and mouth with the mask. His smell immediately fills my nose making things just a little more painful and the reality of all this a little more real.

 

“Thank you…” The mask muffles my voice but I quickly turn to catch up to the rest of the girls who were waiting for me at the end of the hall. Without speaking, we hustle towards the front entrance of the building.

“Ahjusshi!” CL calls out to the security guard at the desk, “Could you please order us a private van?”

“Eh?” The security man stands up from his chair. “But—“

“Hurry! It’s under YG sajangnim’s orders!” She urges him. I raise an eyebrow at Bom and Minzy as they giggle and wink at me.

In just a few minutes, we see a black van pull up at the front and quickly make our way towards it. Just within the short second between exiting the building and jumping into the car, I hear screams and yelling coming from across the street again. It continues until Bom is the last person who climbs in and closes the door, significantly decreasing the volume of the yelling.

“Wow, it’s only been a few minutes since the announcement…” Minzy says while peering through the back window of the car. I also turn around to see that unlike this morning, the amount of people tripled in size and were not only girls but were also some guys too.

The car drives off as I continue to watch the crowd get smaller and smaller and finally turn back around once I couldn’t see them anymore. As I take off the mask, the driver asks us where we are headed.

I am about to recite my address until Bom cuts me off and says what I assume could only be her address. I look at her quizzically which she returns with a shrug.

“They might have found out your address.”

CL leans her head on the back of Bom’s chair while grinning at me. “Yeah, it’s probably safer for you to just come with us.”

“We’ll protect you, unnie!” Minzy says enthusiastically. I just glance from one face to another as they tried to look at me innocently.

“Why do I feel like I’m being kidnapped?” I eye them suspiciously as they all shrug simultaneously. “Or being used for a free ride.”

“Huh? No. We don’t know what you are talking about, unnie.” CL says while making a cutesy face, Bom and Minzy copying her.

Finally, my first genuine smile of the day spread across my face as I watched them make puppy dog eyes at me.

“Tch, fine.” I turn back into my seat and cross my arms while trying to hold in my smile, “Ahjusshi, please take me home. My address is—“

“YAH!”


 

“So…” I look at all three of them staring at me with wide eyes and leaning towards me. After being dropped off at Bom’s apartment, we were all gathered in a circle on the floor of her living room.

“So, what?” I ask slightly unsure if I really want to know what they want to say. I watch as they give each other glances and nudges. Before they even spit it out, I already have an idea of what it might be about.

“So, you and Jiyong?” Bom gives me a sly smile. I expect her to continue but she doesn’t, allowing me to be able to finish up her thoughts.

But instead I try to act cool and oblivious, “Me and Jiyong what?”

“Do you…?” Minzy inches closer to me with a cheeky smile.

“Do I?”

“Aish!” Bom slaps my arm in frustration, “You know what we are talking about! Now tell us!”

“Aigoo, it hurts it hurts!” I rub my arm and over-exaggerate the ‘pain’. “I can’t think! My arm hurts too much!”

“Stop stalling! Tell us!” Bom demands, threatening to hit my arm again.

“Yeah! Tell us!” Minzy chants excitedly. I glance to CL who is laughing at the scene in front of her.

“CL~” I pout and call out for help.

“I want to know just as much as they do!” She shrugs and shines and evil grin.

 

“Aigoo!” I pinch the bridge of my nose while shaking my head. Seeing as there was no way out, I sigh to myself while gathering my thoughts. After all that had happened, was there really any point in telling them my own feelings? Would it be risky? I studied their excited and curious faces one by one. They’ve been nothing of kind and supportive of me… how can keep lying to them?

“Well…” I begin making them inch closer, ready to hear every word. I hope I don’t regret this. “Maybe… I might feel something…towards him…” I trail off as I begin to feel the blush form at my cheeks.

At first, they all just stared at me with goofy grins on their faces. And then came the squeals. It took me a good two to three minutes to make them stop.

“Omo! Omo! I can’t believe this!” Bom’s voice squeaks, “It’s like some kind of k-drama or something!”

I sigh at how ridiculous Bom’s comment was. Did my life really become so dramatic and complicated?!

 

“Then, does Jiyong know?” CL asks. I pause to think about the pros and cons of telling them to truth. Well I’ve already come this far…

“May…be…” I spit out slightly worried the squeals were going to happen again but it didn’t. Instead they all just leaned on each other and sighed while shaking their heads in sorrow.

“It’s a forbidden love.” Minzy sighs again.

“Y-Yah! Don’t make it sound so dramatic! It’s nothing like that!” I denied and refused to accept my life to be so complex.

“But what are you going to do? I’m guessing YG sajangnim forbade you two from actually dating?” CL hugged her knees to her chest while tilting her head to the side. “And with the whole Sohee thing, it could be even more dangerous for you two.”

 

My shoulders slump at remembering the bigger picture of this whole situation. After such a short time of knowing each other’s feelings, we were only to be separated again. And now that I have been exposed to the public, there was absolutely no way we could do anything together without being judged or accused. With all the trouble that I’ve already caused… for YG sajangnim… for the company… Jiyong… Youngbae… the girls… and the guys… There would only be more trouble for everyone if we did as we pleased. Maybe my life really has become this complicated.

“I guess that’s just it then...” I say as I shrug and stare off into space. “To avoid the problem, it’s just something we are going to have to do.”

 

Suddenly, the ring tone and vibration from my phone grabs my attention. I take it out and see that it is a text from Jiyong.

“Who is it?” CL asks cautiously, “Jiyong?”

I nod while keeping my eyes on the blinking notification.

 

Hey. How are you doing?

 

I just stare at the message in silence, wondering what to do with it.

“Are you going to reply?” Bom speaks up but I just shrug in response.

After a while of contemplating, I decide on ignoring it. But just as I was about to put my phone down, my phone begins to ring. Upon turning it over to see the screen, I see that it is Jiyong again.

I look to CL, Bom, and Minzy who are all nodding and urging me to pick it up until finally, I do.

 

“Hello?” I say while standing up and making my way over to the balcony.

“Can I not text you anymore?” His voice was soft but sounded so sad that it pinched my heart.

“Eh?” I manage to say while stepping out into the night air and closing the balcony doors behind me.

“You didn’t respond to my text.”

“Oh… I’m sorry.” I sighed and looked down at my feet, “I… just didn’t know what to say.”

“Oh. Okay.” He trails off leaving us in complete silence.

 

After a while, I begin to think that he may have hung up but he speaks again.

 

“Where are you now?”

“I’m at Bom’s place.” I try to answer with as much normalcy as possible, “It’s really nice here. Have you ever been?”

“No.”

“Oh, then never mind.” I want to slap myself for my attempt to make small talk.

“Dara-ah.” My heart flutters as he calls my name with such sweetness.

“M-mm?” was all I could respond as I tried to calm my nerves.

 

“Don’t give up on us.”

 

I felt as if the breath has been knocked out of me. I stared off into the view of the city lights twinkling in the dark as I hear his words repeat in my head. They brought me such happiness but also so much pain.

“Please.” He continues, “Remember what I told you.”

How could I forget? The grip around my phone became tighter as I tried to hold in my frustrated and confused feelings.

 

“Jiyong…” I notice the shakiness of my voice and hope that he doesn’t, “We shouldn’t. We shouldn’t be doing this.”

I take in a deep breath and close my eyes to keep my steady, “We can’t do this. I’ve already caused so much trouble for everyone. If we do this… it will make everything even worse.”

“Dara—“

“Please.” I bite my lip to stop myself from shaking, “We can’t… we can’t. No more.”

I inhale sharply in hopes this will help to prevent the tears forcing their way out of my eyes. But it doesn’t. It’s a good thing he can’t see them.

 

After a few more minutes of silence, I feel exhausted and just want to get away from all of this.

“I’m going to go. Good night.”

“Dara.”

I hate what it does to me when he says my name.

“Yes?”

“I won’t give up.” His voice is crystal clear and full of confidence, once again taking my breath away. “Good night.”

And the call ended.

 

I slowly lowered the phone down to my side as I continued to stare off into space.

‘Don’t give up on us’ ‘I won’t give up’ Don’t give up on us’ ‘I won’t give up’

Those words just kept repeating in my mind with that voice of his. A voice that was so confident and so sure. It was almost frightening.

 

I take in one last deep breath before entering the apartment again. As I close the door behind me, I see CL, Bom, and Minzy right were I left them and all eyes on me.

“Well,” I start but am having difficulties speaking normally, “What… should we do… now?” Before I knew it, my tears were already suffocating me. They all began to rise one by one and made their way towards me with open arms, enveloping me in their warmth.

As I let myself go in their arms, I thought about this entire day and how horrible it had been. Today, there was a lot that had been taken away from me: family, love, my privacy, and my normal life. But as I thought more about what has happened and what it would’ve been like if I had just gone home at the end of the day, I’ve also realized what this day had given me: CL, Bom, and Minzy. These amazing girls who were comforting me and forbidding me from being alone tonight were my friends.

And because of them, this day became just a little less horrible.

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
FINALLY AN UPDATE!
First, I would like to SINCERELY apologize for how long this took me to update.
I'm incredibly sorry
I kept having to rewrite it, over
and over and over
Before I finally settled with this.

 I'm so sorry again for the wait.
But I do hope you enjoy this chapter!
And Second, I would like to think all of you for being so understand
supportive and patient.

I'm sure you all have no idea how much you guys mean to me
I really enjoy doing this for all of you and sharing this

A special shoutout to a
special person
Who literally brightened up my entire week with a simply message to me
You are the sweetest and have no idea how happy you made me feel
Thank you so much for that and your kind words.

I love and appreciate all of you so much.
I'm sorry I took so long ><
Please keep leaving comments!
I love hearing from you guys.
And enjoy~

 

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*