Chapter 10

Love, Symmetry & Rhythm

Chapter 10

~*Dara’s POV*~

“That’s it! Yes! Just like that! And…. END!” CL applauded as I pretend to lean my head on G-Dragon’s imaginary shoulder for the ending pose.

“I can’t believe how quickly you got this down! Are you a pro or what?” She crossed her arms in front of her chest; clearly proud for the work she’s done.

“Well I do have a great teacher.” I said smiling cheekily at her as I watched her face turn red.

“Aigoo, look at you kissing up!” She said and pinched my cheeks. Although, I was right about her being the same age as Sohee, I feel as if I’m the one who’s younger. I guess in ways that is true, she is older than me in experience.

“Kissing up won’t get you anywhere!” She finally let go of my now sore cheeks.

“Yes, master!” I say too seriously and salute her.

We are in the middle of a fit of laughter when the door opens. My smile immediately disappears when I see who it was.

 

“Ah! Taeyang, wassup?!” CL said while going over to give him a high-five. Taeyang?

Confusion clearly written all over my face, Youngbae speaks up, “It’s my nickname.” He says simply. I nod, feeling slightly awkward. We haven’t seen each other since phase two.

CL, now feeling the tension between us, smirks and hits Youngbae, “Yah, what did you do to Dara?”

His eyes widen, “Me?! I didn’t do anything! She’s the one who started it!”

Defense mode activated immediately even though I didn’t know what I was being blamed for, “Yah! You were the one who was being a jerk and judging me from the spot!”

“Well if you didn’t say how much you admired Jiyong, I wouldn’t have assumed that you were a crazy fan girl to begin with!”

We kept this up for a good few minutes until we heard a door close. That was when we noticed that CL left the room.

 

“Aish, now look what you did. Always making me look like a fool in front of everyone.” Youngbae grumbled as he sat on the floor.

“Pfft, you don’t need me to do that…” I say and see him glare at me before sitting down too.

Soon, we just sat there in silence.

 

“I owe you an apology.” He said.

I was about to reply that it was long overdue but saw the seriousness in his face and stopped myself.

He waited to make sure the words sunk in before continuing, “When you explained why you were here, I immediately jumped to conclusions because of what happened in the past. For a while, I thought that all of these female dancers that come to audition were the same. Just after G-Dragon. The name, the fame, whatever it is they wanted. Disregarding anyone and everyone else’s’ lives. So that’s why when you say you admire G-Dragon, I thought that you were crazy. But…” He sighed and looked into my eyes. The intensity of his gaze surprised me but I couldn’t bring myself to look away.

“If you were really in all of this just to get to Jiyong, you would’ve spent your attention and energy on him while dancing with me. But when I danced with you during phase two, I felt it. I felt your passion for dance, your true feelings, and that all your concentration was on the dance… and me.” He tilted his head down and hid his face before continuing, “I understood then that you were more than what you appear to be; you really are an incredible dancer and I was wrong to pass judgment on you. I’m sorry.”

I ran everything through my mind, not sure how to respond. But as usual, I say the first thing that comes to mind. I inch myself towards him whose head is still facing his lap. Lowering my head so that he can see me, I smile and say, “Dong Youngbae-sshi, I think you are an incredible dancer as well and I really admire your talent.”

Then I see the blush turn a darker shade of red on his cheeks before he quickly stands up. “Why?!” His voice cracks a little.

“Why what?” I ask shocked by him yelling.

“Why…” He trails off while looking at me as if wanting to ask me something. I wait for him to continue but he suddenly sighs and slumps his shoulders. “Why… do you call me by my whole name?”

“Eh? Ah… I don’t know… a habit I guess?” I shrugged.

Youngbae sighed again, “Well it’s too formal. So… just call me Youngbae or Taeyang. You pick.”

I couldn’t help but blush a little at being able to call him so informally. “But, I like Dong Youngbae-ssi better.”

“Aish, just pick something! Anything but that!”

“Anything?” A mischievous grin spreads onto my face but Youngbae doesn’t notice.

“Yes…”

 

“Then how about… YoungYang (영양)? Or… BaeTae (배태)?” [[Author's note: I highly recommend you guys google translating this yourselves ^-^]]

“What!?” Youngbae looks at me in horror. That sends me over the edge and I burst out laughing. I roll over on my side and hold my stomach as my abs start hurting.

Youngbae continues to stand there with his mouth dropped open as I finally calm down wiping the tears from my eyes.

“Okay, YoungYang and then you can call me Dara now!”

“YAH!” His eyes widen.

“What is it, BaeTae?” The look on his face looks like he is about to faint. I was just about to burst into laughter again until a voice interrupted us.

 

“Are you two done?”

The voice was cold with a hint of annoyance. I almost didn’t recognize it until I turned to see G-Dragon standing at the door, glaring at me.

“I would like to get this over with soon.”

 

*BlueNote*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Finally and update. Valentine's day was so hectic and busy, I'm sorry it took me so long to update.
I hope you guys find this chapter cute/funny! The next chapter is going to get serious!
Thanks everyone for subscribing and keeping up with this  ^-^ It's really great to read your comments as well!

*If you are confused about layout/weird details that seem wrong+right at the same time, please read the story description!*